Thứ Sáu, 30 tháng 9, 2016

Brunswick NBN rollout progress part 9

  • 2015-Apr-24, 1:53 pm
    Spinner

    "Got a call from NBNCo yesterday who confirmed installation date of 20/4. Signed up with TPG on 18/03."

    Considered yourself lucky, signed up with iinet (am an existing customer for 8 years on adsl 2), the scheduled date was 30th of April. iinet called again a weeks later, re-booked it on 19th of May, they stated it is not their end, is NBN tech availability.

    iinet called me again, saying there is an appointment available on the 15th of April. Which I locked it in on my diary. The iinet representative said "you will get a text msg" for your booking confirmation. That never came. So two days later, I rang iinet. They said I did not confirm with them by phone. So, the date is still 19th of May for the NTD install.

    NBN called on the 21st of April, saying there is an appointment available on the 11th of May which I "locked" it in my diary. But, I am not confident the install will be on time or yet again gets shuffle along.

  • 2015-Apr-24, 1:53 pm
    Javelyn

    Well I'm pleased to report that my son had his NBN installation in a MDU in the Brunswick area (FSAM 3BRU-03) completed on the 23rd. With the arrival of a modem today from PC Case Gear he is now connected at 25/5. He tells me that he can watch YouTube without it buffering!

    Living in an area in the ACT that was slated for FTTP build to commence last year and is now not even on the FTTN map (which isn't necessarily a bad thing mind you as we might still get fibre to the home if there is a change of government) I continue to put up with my 2.71Mbps down and 0.71Mbps up (just tested then) on ADSL1 and I am deeply jealous.

    Malcolm I'm sending out all my love to ...... can you feel it?

    ? We've got a thing that's called radar love
    We've got a wave in the air, radar love
    The radio is playing some forgotten song
    Brenda Lee's comin' on strong ?

    ...................

    ? No more speed, I'm almost there
    Gotta keep cool now, gotta take care
    Last car to pass, here I go ?

    ? And the line of cars drove down real slow
    And the radio played that forgotten song
    Brenda Lee's comin' on strong
    And the newsman sang his same song
    Oh one more radar lover gone ?

    With a nod to: Golden Earring � Radar Love

    Jav

  • 2015-Apr-27, 9:17 pm
    tayser

    tayser writes...

    've just had a phone call this morning from iiNet saying NBN-side issues are sorted and was given a very similar install date.

    Wrote this last month, got a call last week saying I could have my appointment moved to an earlier date (today) between 1 and 5pm.

    Had two SMS in the past few days confirming and also got a call yesterday confirming time.

    Techie has 30 min to arrive within the three-times-confirmed timeframe.

  • 2015-Apr-27, 9:17 pm
    tayser

    tayser writes...

    Techie has 30 min to arrive within the three-times-confirmed timeframe.

    So much for confirmations eh.

    iiNet cant even get a hold of NBNCo.

  • 2015-May-5, 4:28 pm
    Javelyn
  • 2015-May-5, 4:28 pm
    tayser

    ^ hah.

    Well, the techs turned up late (5:45pm). Sort of feel sorry for them actually, they are overloaded with jobs and have been working 10 hour days this week.

    Whole process over in an hour and a bit and bang on the NBN.

  • 2015-May-5, 5:13 pm
    VoskiSoor

    report from 3BRU-07 Brunswick West NTD got installed everything with the NTD was ok but got the dreaded red light lodged with NBN Co and first report back is it will be resolved by June 28th signed up with TPG and got that update 2 weeks ago.

    Lets see how this goes down. If its not sorted in 2 months can you get a refund on the NTD and modems?

  • 2015-May-5, 5:13 pm
    BlackRavenite

    You don't pay for the NTD, that is covered by NBNCo. I'm not sure if you can get a refund of the router through TPG as I'm pretty sure you have to agree to a customer service waiver when you sign on, so you might want to check the small print.

  • 2015-May-5, 8:12 pm
    Hexactly

    Booked for an install at the end of the month so I don't have ADSL and NBN both running for too long. ISP offered a closer date of a week which I declined.

    Next day (appointment must have registered with NBN) and NBN call me up and offered an install date of 5 days away!

    Hmm seems like they don't want me having a Friday PM date (contractors already in the pub by then?). Fingers crossed that they show.

  • 2015-May-5, 8:12 pm
    Magician

    Starting to get a bit frustrated, still waiting for the area to be turned on. Grrrr.

  • 2015-May-5, 8:43 pm
    eamn yidspla

    A work colleague, was supposed to get it installed yesterday in Brunswick, but the installer said they dont go in roofs while its raining..

  • 2015-May-5, 8:43 pm
    magikalcrab

    I was on Telstra ADSL � called on 21 May to change to NBN.

    Installation went smoothly today � speed tests show 23 down/4 up (no speed boost) and loving it! (This is as opposed to 2.5 down and .5 up if I was lucky on ADSL)

  • 2015-May-10, 7:39 pm
    Magician

    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS my street now has access.

    Unfortunately Skymesh doesnt cater to this part of Brunswick.

  • 2015-May-10, 7:39 pm
    Magician

    NBN installers at my house right now. Taken them already 6 hours because they first installed it with a fault in the line (a break I guess) and have had to rerun the fibre.

  • 2015-May-15, 11:33 am
    Javelyn

    You're getting closer and closer Magician. Hope its worked out and working for you. I'll be jealous!

    Cheers

    Jav

  • 2015-May-15, 11:33 am
    Magician

    Figured I'd provide an update, and perhaps ultimately some hope for those of you in Brunswick. Ive had NBN for about a month now. Ended up going with Telstra mainly because no Skymesh in my block and with work paying the bill, I kinda didn't care about cost as much (I'm very lucky).

    I'm pretty sure i was the first to get it done in the street. NBN guys took most of the day to install the fibre from the side of the house to where I wanted my router. Should have taken less but I think he stuffed something up and maybe broke some of the line. So he spent a couple hours testing, then his supervisor came and they reran the line.

    That was fine though how long they took didn't really impact me much.

    All in all it has been good so far. 100/40 is very fast, though for the first time in almost 10 years I have a data cap again, which is very odd. Also occasionally in the evening things sometimes feel slow. Hard to explain, but for example we will watch something on Netflix and it gets stuck on 99% loaded for a couple mins, then all good. Or say my wife will be surfing the net on her phone or macbook and pages will just spin and try load for a min or so, then sudden go back to normal. Kinda like little hiccups :) im not a networking guy so I can't truely explain it and it hasnt bothered me much yet.

    Anyway best of luck to everyone else. My block took 2 or 3 years to get done (though I've only been here for 1 year), so there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

  • 2015-May-16, 3:23 pm
    vpr

    Work is continuing in the Brunswick area, Tinning Street Brunswick being rolled out

  • 2015-May-16, 3:23 pm
    mavrick9

    vpr writes...

    Tinning Street Brunswick

    Tinning Street is currently just north of the current FTTP Fibre NBN zone, be interesting to see how this rolls out, I assume they just grow the FTTP north. I also assume that there would be a fair amount of Fibre in the ground already, as this was the original NBN FTTP test area.

  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét