Thứ Năm, 29 tháng 9, 2016

Townsville NQ Region NBN Rollout - Part 2 part 7

  • 2016-Apr-12, 9:56 pm
    interfreak

    Uploads do seem to be quite good at the moment for Telstra:

    http://www.speedtest.net/android/1866932850.png

  • 2016-Apr-12, 9:56 pm
    seagles

    Yes,

    I can't wait to have internet that works all of the time, even after it rains :-)

    Cheer
    Shaun

  • 2016-Apr-13, 6:53 am
    ShortyM

    interfreak writes...

    Exactly 2 weeks until 4TNS-11 is RFS... I'm sure there's a few on here that are starting to get excited!

    NBN goes rfs, Captain America: Civil War is out and something else I'm sure I've forgotten. What a magnificent birthday present!

  • 2016-Apr-13, 6:53 am
    Clayton

    Game of Thrones is on the 24th? Well 25th for us.

  • 2016-Apr-13, 10:46 am
    interfreak

    Telstra docs have updated (on anew page � https://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/nbn/overview/nbn-rollout-schedule.html), 4TNS-11 will be RFS in 1 week and 4 days. Other brownfield areas RFS dates, bold are new areas or changes from the last update:

    4ALC-01 (Alice River, Rangewood) � 22-Jan-17

    4DEG-01 (Bushland Beach, Deeragun, Burdell) � 29-Jul-16
    4DEG-02 (Mount Low) � 10-Jun-16 (delayed from 20-May-16)
    4DEG-03 (Bushland Beach) � 16-Sep-16
    4DEG-05 (Burdell, Deeragun, Jensen, Mount Low, Yabulu, Black River) � 26-Aug-16

    4KIR-04 (Kelso (Qld),Rasmussen) 29-Mar-17
    4KIR-05 (Kirwan,Mount Louisa) 14-Mar-17

    4RLS-20 (Balgal Beach) � 14-Mar-17

    4TNS-04-INF-02 (South Townsville, Railway Estate) � 29-Mar-17 Removed
    4TNS-05-INF-02 (West End, Townsville City) � 29-Mar-17 Removed
    4TNS-11 (Mount Louisa, Garbutt) � 27-Apr-16

    Areas surrounding Townsville:

    4AYR-01 (Ayr, Home Hill) � 3-Jun-17
    4AYR-02 (Brandon, Ayr) � 1-Jul-17

    4CTR-20 (Charters Towers) � 4-Jul-16
    4CTR-21 (Charters Towers) � 4-Jul-16

    4IGH-01 (Ingham) � 14-Mar-17

  • 2016-Apr-13, 10:46 am
    ShortyM

    interfreak writes...

    4TNS-11 will be RFS in 1 week and 4 days

    This doesn't feel real. All this time I'd spent in denial and telling myself it wouldn't be happening. And it's a week away.

  • Ritzo90

    I have seen nbn running down burnda St in kirwan but nothing on the map. Anthe ideas ifor this service is coming. Have family off burnda waiting for decent internet.

  • Jordee
    this post was edited

    What were they doing? I saw NBN in Condon a couple of months ago inspecting pits. Were they hauling anything?

    Kirwan is slated for some more FTTP... see my post below :)

  • 2016-Apr-15, 11:28 am
    Jordee

    Here's the info I have from a few sources...

    4KIR-01
    Area: Bohle Plains, Kirwan
    Expected Build: 01-Nov-16
    Expected RFS: 30-Jun-17
    Premises: 2,958
    FTTN: 2,379
    FTTP: 579

    4KIR-02
    Area: Condon
    Expected Build: 01-Sep-16
    Expected RFS: 30-Jun-17
    Premises: 2,756
    FTTN: 2,325
    FTTP: 431

    4KIR-03
    Area: Kelso
    Expected Build: 01-Aug-16
    Expected RFS: 31-Mar-17
    Premises: 3,246
    FTTN: 3,241
    FTTP: 5

    4KIR-04
    Area: Rasmussen, Kelso
    Expected Build: 01-Jul-16
    Expected RFS: 28-Feb-17
    Premises: 2,085
    FTTN: 2,010
    FTTP: 75

    4KIR-05
    Area: Kirwan, Mount Louisa
    Expected Build: 01-Oct-16
    Expected RFS: 30-Jun-17
    Premises: 3,682
    FTTN: 1,795
    FTTP: 1,887

    Some other info around Douglas, Wulguru, Idalia and Annandale.. though not sure exactly where each of these SAM's are covering..

    4WLG-01
    Expected Build: 15-Feb-17
    Expected RFS: 31-Oct-17
    Premises: 3,579
    FTTB: 11
    FTTN: 3,568

    4WLG-02
    Expected Build: 15-Mar-17
    Expected RFS: 31-Oct-17
    Premises: 3,807
    FTTN: 3,801
    FTTP: 6

    4WLG-20
    Expected Build: 15-Jan-17
    Expected RFS: 15-Jan-17
    Premises: 1,616
    FTTB: 63
    FTTN: 1,552
    FTTP: 1

    4WLG-21
    Expected Build: 15-Dec-16
    Expected RFS: 31-Aug-17
    Premises: 1,703
    FTTN: 1,694
    FTTP: 9

    Alice River and Rangewood...

    4ALC-01
    Area: Rangewood, Alice River
    Expected Build: 24-May-16
    Expected RFS: 31-Dec-16
    Premises: 1,211
    FTTN: 1,211

    Magnetic Island i've got some info too....

    4MAG-20
    Area: Magnetic Island
    Expected Build: 18-Apr-17
    Expected RFS: 31-Jan-18
    Premises: 2,485
    FTTN: 2,481
    FTTP: 4

  • 2016-Apr-15, 11:28 am
    Ritzo90

    Thanks they were pulling cable down burnda. I did see a new area or kirwan mentioned earlier in the thread and someone said the maps usually take a week. That was a couple of weeks ago so I thought someone might know or have seen something I didn't.

  • 2016-Apr-15, 6:45 pm
    interfreak

    Wow nice work Jordee!!

  • 2016-Apr-15, 6:45 pm
    Peter Parkinson
    this post was edited

    Jordie,
    4KIR-02
    Area: Condon
    Expected Build: 01-Sep-16
    Expected RFS: 30-Jun-17
    Premises: 2,756
    FTTN: 2,325
    FTTP: 431

    now in OUR area, my street your street and the couple others around here, with totat underground power and phone, � do you think that it could be the 431 homes FTTP ?
    and calie gardens for all the old plp... its about 450 homes

  • 2016-Apr-17, 2:20 pm
    timelock

    Ritzo90 writes...

    Thanks they were pulling cable down burnda. I did see a new area or kirwan mentioned earlier in the thread and someone said the maps usually take a week. That was a couple of weeks ago so I thought someone might know or have seen something I didn't.

    I live near Willows State School (in 4KIR-05 I think) and about 12 months ago there was work happening in our street cleaning up joints. I asked what the work was for and they said in preparation for FTTN. I think the NBN systems don't know how to show FTTN yet, which is why despite being on Telstra's 12 month plan it doesn't show up on the NBN map.

  • 2016-Apr-17, 2:20 pm
    Jordee

    Peter Parkinson writes...

    now in OUR area, my street your street and the couple others around here, with totat underground power and phone, � do you think that it could be the 431 homes FTTP ?
    and calie gardens for all the old plp... it's about 450 homes

    This I'm not sure of. It is a possibility, because during the early 2000's they used lower gauge copper. It may not be enough for FTTN. This is possibly the reason why much of Mount Louisa ended up with FTTP? Just an educated guess.

    As for Carlyle Gardens, I think you'll find they have their own private infrastructure so may not be included in the rollout. That said, I'm not 100% sure.

    It's anyone's guess, however if you see the green stuff going down your street, you'll know.

    timelock writes...

    I think the NBN systems don't know how to show FTTN yet, which is why despite being on Telstra's 12 month plan it doesn't show up on the NBN map.

    NBNCo have stopped putting "Build Preparation" onto their maps. New areas typically go straight to build these days. If this weren't the case, we'd probably all be on the map already, shaded in Green.

  • ac124

    Jordee writes...

    4WLG-20
    Premises: 1,616
    FTTB: 63
    FTTN: 1,552
    FTTP: 1

    Wow � I wonder which lucky household is going to be the envy of the neighborhood in 4WLG-20

  • Slim Dusty

    Has been a little bit of NBN work going on around the first stage Northshore/burdell area (lady Musgrave circuit) stuff was built before the FTTP on green fields stuff done. Does anyone know if this is going to be FTTH or FTTN?

  • Jordee

    Hard to say mate. It'll most likely be FTTN..

  • interfreak
    this post was edited

    2 days until 4TNS-11 is RFS..

    http://i.imgur.com/NRB5OhR.gif

  • 2016-Apr-17, 8:49 pm
    ShortyM

    interfreak writes...

    2 days until 4TNS-11 is RFS..

    http://i.imgur.com/NRB5OhR.gif

    I laughed at this far more than I think I should have.

    Are you also in 11, or just empathetically excited for those who do?

  • 2016-Apr-17, 8:49 pm
    interfreak

    No I'm in 10, but I know how excited you guys must be!

  • 2016-Apr-25, 2:32 pm
    ShortyM

    interfreak writes...

    No I'm in 10,

    I thought you were but I lose track.

    I won't lie, your post got me a bit excited. Was naively hoping for a magnificent "4TNS-11 IS RFS TWO DAYS EARLY!!" kind of thing.

  • 2016-Apr-25, 2:32 pm
    GSTSV

    Heard from a source that the rollout to Annandale, Wulguru, Idalia and everywhere on the Wulguru exchange could be delayed by up to 12 months. Apparently the exchange isn't up to scratch for the rollout.

  • 2016-Apr-26, 4:02 am
    Jordee

    You mean that garden shed they call the Wulguru exchange? Surprised not..

  • 2016-Apr-26, 4:02 am
    ShortyM
    this post was edited

    So I just got an email from Mynbn telling me that 4TNS-11 has just gone online. This resulted in several backflips, cartwheels and several other gymnastic feats.

    I jump on to check the map and it's still brown????

    Edit: TPG's checker tool is showing RFS!!! Telstra's is borked.
    Also: YOU'RE TOO SLOW INTERFREAK!! I'm disappointed. You have failed this city!!!!! :P

  • 2016-Apr-26, 4:03 pm
    ShortyM

    IT;S ACTUALLY HAPPENING! I'M ORDERING AN NBN SERVICE!!!!!!

    So I'm biting the bullet now.

    Telstra it is. They have offered the 1TB at 100/40 for $99 so I bit the bullet. TPG have unlimited but I have never gone over 500GB I have now so that shouldn't be a problem. And I'll have more reliable speeds too.

    *pinches arm*

  • 2016-Apr-26, 4:03 pm
    Clayton

    Telstra site still says NBN is not available in your area for my address so I can't seem to order yet.

  • ShortyM

    Clayton writes...

    Telstra site still says NBN is not available in your area

    4TNS-11?

    LC them and check.

  • interfreak

    ShortyM writes...

    YOU'RE TOO SLOW INTERFREAK!! I'm disappointed. You have failed this city!!!!! :P

    http://i.imgur.com/7drHiqr.gif

    With 4TNS-11 now RFS, it means the last of the brownfield FTTP areas in Townsville has now been switched on. From now on, the majority of suburban areas will be FTTN, with small slices of FTTP.

    Such a pity.

  • 2016-Apr-27, 5:17 am
    interfreak

    Clayton writes...

    Telstra site still says NBN is not available in your area for my address so I can't seem to order yet.

    100% RFS.

    http://www.finder.com.au/nbn-tracker/rollout/4TNS-11

  • 2016-Apr-27, 5:17 am
    Clayton

    Yeah definitely 4TNS-11. The finder site says that it is live. Just doesn't seem to have showed up in the Telstra etc. address checker.

  • 2016-Apr-27, 6:28 am
    ShortyM

    Clayton writes...

    Telstra etc. address checker.

    Telstra checker was busted when I tried it this morning. TPG's worked fine though. Telstra confirmed it was active when I LC'd them and ordered my service.

  • 2016-Apr-27, 6:28 am
    3x0dus

    Telstra All booked in Weds 4th May 8:00am � 12:00pm

    didn't get speed boost for free, but ill worry about that later =]

  • 2016-Apr-27, 6:30 am
    ShortyM

    3x0dus writes...

    Telstra All booked in Weds 4th May 8:00am � 12:00pm

    I don't have my appointment details yet. I'm expecting them on a message. Now I have a time frame which is nice.

  • 2016-Apr-27, 6:30 am
    ryanrocket

    Installation booked for Tuesday next week with Internode (100/40).

    So happy to finally move away from Telstra. So far so good with Internode.

  • 2016-Apr-27, 6:46 am
    Clayton

    I'm booked for Thursday the 5th 8-12. Same with speed boost. I tried.

  • 2016-Apr-27, 6:46 am
    3x0dus

    Christmas came early, NBN called, they have rescheduled to this Friday!!! between 8am and 12pm

  • 2016-Apr-27, 6:49 am
    Xserve2

    GSTSV writes...

    Heard from a source that the rollout to Annandale, Wulguru, Idalia and everywhere on the Wulguru exchange could be delayed by up to 12 months. Apparently the exchange isn't up to scratch for the rollout.

    Wulguru is already being used as part of the rollout for all the GreenField areas on that side of the river � Lavarack Barracks and those in Idalia for instance � NBN don't require massive floor space in an exchange.

  • 2016-Apr-27, 6:49 am
    ShortyM

    3x0dus writes...

    Christmas came early, NBN called, they have rescheduled to this Friday!!! between 8am and 12pm

    Wow. Gratz.

  • 2016-Apr-27, 6:50 am
    ShortyM

    So I just had my visits booked.

    Wednesday 4th 8-12pm. Though I'm not entirely convinced it's going through correctly. A bit of mucking around with orders. Going to get back in contact and confirm.

  • 2016-Apr-27, 6:50 am
    3x0dus

    Looks like you got my old slot, maybe you will get lucky and get a friday reschedule as well =]

  • 2016-Apr-27, 2:56 pm
    interfreak

    I know when I booked NBN had two 'slots' on any given day (except Sunday), those being 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm.

    Maybe ShortyM you could see if they can squeeze you in on Sat afternoon (or Friday)?

  • 2016-Apr-27, 2:56 pm
    ShortyM

    3x0dus writes...

    maybe you will get lucky and get a friday reschedule as well =

    That would make Friday all kinds of awesome. NBN running through the day, Captain America that night. And I may as well have the day off work for Mr NBN (not Turnbull *hurls*) to do his thing.

    3x0dus writes...

    NBN called,

    NBNco called, or your RSP?

  • 2016-Apr-27, 3:10 pm
    3x0dus

    i am 98% sure it was NBN themselves, not telstra , as i got no "you have my name" sms/email from it.

    Number it came from was 03 9624 6400, and a quick Google search says nbn co

  • 2016-Apr-27, 3:10 pm
    interfreak

    Telstra will ring a couple of times (if that's your ISP). The day before you're due to have the installation done NBN will ring to confirm that it's still OK to do the install. In my case they rang at 7:30pm so keep your phone close lol!

    The NBN installer will then ring about 10-15 minutes before they arrive to again confirm the install. Once they arrive, the installation process should be quite quick (about 20-30 mins, depends on how difficult it is to run conduit etc), and the NTD should be ready to use as soon as it's booted up and has downloaded any available firmware. :)

  • 3x0dus

    pre done in roof conduit with draw string from PCD through to hole in wall ready for NTD cover/mount. lets hope its the fastest job of the day, and there is no other Optical issues.

  • Xserve2

    GSTSV writes...

    Heard from a source that the rollout to Annandale, Wulguru, Idalia and everywhere on the Wulguru exchange could be delayed by up to 12 months. Apparently the exchange isn't up to scratch for the rollout.

    Wulguru is already being used as part of the rollout for all the GreenField areas on that side of the river � Lavarack Barracks and those in Idalia for instance � NBN don't require massive floor space in an exchange.

  • 2016-Apr-27, 7:54 pm
    ShortyM

    Someone getting excited Mr Exodus?

  • 2016-Apr-27, 7:54 pm
    3x0dus

    ShortyM writes...

    Someone getting excited Mr Exodus?

    Lol, indeed ntd area all tidied up less than 12 hours!

  • 2016-Apr-27, 7:58 pm
    ShortyM

    3x0dus writes...

    indeed ntd area all tidied up less than 12 hours

    Half an hour to go!! How did you sleep last night?

  • 2016-Apr-27, 7:58 pm
    interfreak

    Good luck today 3x0dus!

  • 2016-Apr-27, 10:39 pm
    3x0dus

    ShortyM writes...

    Half an hour to go!! How did you sleep last night?

    Hahaha terribly.

  • 2016-Apr-27, 10:39 pm
    ShortyM

    3x0dus writes...

    Hahaha terribly.

    I'll be facing this dilemma on Tuesday night. I'll want to go to bed as early as possible so time passes quicker, but this is probably a naive notion because I'll be so damn excited I probably won't be able to sleep....

  • 2016-Apr-28, 7:27 pm
    3x0dus

    woohoo, tech on site,

  • 2016-Apr-28, 7:27 pm
    ShortyM

    3x0dus writes...

    woohoo, tech on site,

    Did you have a beer ready for him?

  • 2016-Apr-28, 9:27 pm
    3x0dus

    All done!, nice neat job

    First speed Test

    DOWNLOAD 95.61Mb/s
    UPLOAD 35.71Mb/s
    PING 19 ms
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/5286719208.png

  • 2016-Apr-28, 9:27 pm
    ShortyM

    3x0dus writes...

    All done!, nice neat job

    Don't take this personally, but I hate you.

    At least until Wednesday.

    Can you send him around to my place next? Ta.

  • 2016-Apr-29, 7:31 am
    3x0dus
    this post was edited

    he had jobs all over the place and in no good optimised work order.
    He had no other jobs in mount louisa, so dunno might be the first connected lol =}

    Its nice seeing netflix goto 4K Res and not drop back on and off

    for reference my optical level was 18.5db , which he said wise slighgly on the high side considering how close the FDH was, but each mpt/split and how well the splice was done affects that level, still well within tollerances

  • 2016-Apr-29, 7:31 am
    Huntkk

    ShortyM writes...

    At least until Wednesday.

    Have you received any confirmation of the date/time for the installation visit?

  • 2016-Apr-29, 8:11 am
    ShortyM

    Huntkk writes...

    Have you received any confirmation of the date/time for the installation visit?

    As much as one can have at this point as far as I know. I've never done this before lol. I do know that the Telstra systems are saying what they should because I've seen it myself. I should hope I'll get an sms or something.

  • 2016-Apr-29, 8:11 am
    interfreak

    Congrats 3x0dus, you may be the very first person connected in 4TNS-11. :)

    3x0dus writes...

    for reference my optical level was 18.5db , which he said wise slighgly on the high side considering how close the FDH was, but each mpt/split and how well the splice was done affects that level, still well within tollerances

    Hmm when the 'noise' on my fibre was tested (during the PCD install) I mentioned:

    he (the technician) wanted to test my PCD for signal strength, so I took the opportunity to have a bit of a chat with him. He said that their target for 'noise' on the fibre line is for it to be less than 2 to 2.5db.

    My line (he mentioned there are 2 fibre lines coming in?) tested at 0.99db and 1.01db of noise respectively. He said he could actually get it lower than that, it all depends on how well he lines up the 'splice'. However, he hasn't the time to get them perfect as he has a LOT of houses to do. He said though that my 'noise' is in the perfect range though.

    As long as it works though who cares!!

  • 2016-Apr-29, 1:59 pm
    interfreak

    For you guys about to bargain with Telstra, here's the best I could do (signed up before the current $99 deal):

    $119/month

    -$20/month bundle discount for the life of the plan
    -$10/month bundle discount (have had this for years)
    +$22.50 100/40 speed boost (25% discount)

    = $111.50/month

    However, Telstra actually credited me $100 this month to cover my 'disappointment' that I couldn't get the speed boost for free, so I only paid $11.50. :)

  • 2016-Apr-29, 1:59 pm
    ShortyM

    So I just got a call from my Telstra case manager. I was hoping it would be advising of an earlier appointment slot.

    Of course this was not the reason for the call. Apparently there is a problem with my nbn property identifier. That may cause the appointment to be pushed back. If I'm told this I'll be somewhat cross.

  • 2016-Apr-29, 3:13 pm
    3x0dus

    interfreak writes...

    As long as it works though who cares!!

    Indeed, i think it depends where/what he was testing, if he was purely testing the lead in from the MPT to the external PCD, that that sounds about spot on (i think its avg .4-.5db loss per join/connector +cable) which comes out pretty close to your 1db.

    My 18 was from a fully lit splice from end to end so included all the way back to wherever (FAN/Split).

  • 2016-Apr-29, 3:13 pm
    Dags.

    3x0dus writes...

    First speed Test

    DOWNLOAD 95.61Mb/s
    UPLOAD 35.71Mb/s
    PING 19 ms
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/5286719208.png

    Congratulations. Sadly my excitement of getting FTTP was ruined a bit by my speedtest results when connected a few months ago.
    I have never obtained an Upload speed over about 26Mb/s since I was connected. All my calls to Internode and NBN really got me nowhere.

    I did this test a few min ago :( Usually the Download is around 95.

    www.speedtest.net/my-result/5289347245

  • 2016-Apr-29, 3:18 pm
    Peter Parkinson

    still nothing.

  • 2016-Apr-29, 3:18 pm
    ShortyM

    So a ticket has been lodged with nbnco apparently. I guess my Wednesday install is out the window.......

  • seagles

    I got a SMS from Internode this morning,

    'YOUR NBNCo apt has been booked for Wednesday, 18 May 2106, 8:00AM � 12:00 PM.
    Please be on site."

    Ordered Thursday 28 APR 2016.

  • ryanrocket

    This is EXACTLY why I'm so happy to be away from Telstra. I've been with them for four years because they were the only ISP to provide me with internet. The first order I made with them they put it under the wrong name with a different DOB and refused to let me change anything. Internode confirmed on the phone that a port was available and confirmed NBNco had approved the appointment.

    So far the service I've had with Internode has been exceptional.

  • 2016-Apr-30, 10:15 pm
    interfreak

    ryanrocket writes...

    This is EXACTLY why I'm so happy to be away from Telstra.

    To be fair, Shorty's problem regarding the property identifier is an issue with NBN, not Telstra. This would have happened under any ISP if it's true.

  • 2016-Apr-30, 10:15 pm
    ShortyM

    interfreak writes...

    Shorty's problem regarding the property identifier is an issue with NBN, not Telstra.

    Yeah I know. I just would have thought that if I have a PCD then it would have some kind of record of the property's existence. It would make more sense if I didn't get a PCD installed.

  • 2016-May-2, 4:07 pm
    interfreak

    Yup that is odd, hopefully it's sorted quickly!!

  • 2016-May-2, 4:07 pm
    ShortyM

    Apparently still with nbnco. He has no idea when we will hear back. If they are working on this ticket with the gusto of the rest of their projects then I suspect I'll hear back in about 6 months.

  • 2016-May-2, 7:10 pm
    3x0dus

    is it a split dwelling or townhouse etc ? what do you get from the NBN website or finder.com etc

    if you get a LOC id for your address on there, then sounds like Telstra is blowing smoke up your !@# and its an internal issue with a mismatch not nbn.

    Would even be worthwhile giving them that LOC id to lookup

  • 2016-May-2, 7:10 pm
    ShortyM

    3x0dus writes...

    is it a split dwelling or townhouse etc ?

    Regular house. Nothing special at all. With a PCD.

    what do you get from the NBN website or finder.com etc

    There is a LOC ID on my address. Is that all an RSP needs? The case manager has told me there is nothing whatsoever that can be done until nbnco complete the ticket. However I do have some contacts inside which might be able to shed some light on it. I might start asking around. If it turns out it is a Telstra issue then heads will roll.

  • 2016-May-2, 7:54 pm
    ShortyM

    3x0dus writes...

    Telstra is blowing smoke up your !@#

    So I had a chat to my contacts. You are completely right. No tickets had been submitted to nbnco at all. They told me if I left things as is it would be ages away before anything got done. To hell with them. I'm going to try Optus.

  • 2016-May-2, 7:54 pm
    ryanrocket

    You should seriously consider Internode!

    I had two confirmations leading up to today's nbn installation. Installed at 9:40 and I was online by 10:50.

    97mb/s Down
    35m/s Up

    Internode have been far superior to Telstra.

  • 2016-May-3, 6:12 am
    ShortyM

    Internode have 1TB at 100/40 for $115. Is that what you're paying?

    Optus have unlmited at 100/40 for $110.

  • 2016-May-3, 6:12 am
    ShortyM

    Telstra order officially cancelled.

    Might give the optus one a go. I'll go month by month in case it's bad.

  • 2016-May-3, 7:02 am
    Dags.

    ShortyM writes...

    Internode have 1TB at 100/40 for $115.

    Or 500gb at 100/40 for $95.

  • 2016-May-3, 7:02 am
    interfreak

    Not including any phone calls however..

  • 2016-May-4, 3:56 pm
    ShortyM

    interfreak writes...

    Not including any phone calls however..

    Won't be using landline so not an issue.

    -----
    Just booked in with iiNet. Should have an appointment next Wednesday 1-5pm.

  • 2016-May-4, 3:56 pm
    WhiteRaven

    I went with AussieBroadband for 300GB 100/40 @ $75/m. No contract and no set-up fees. Will give these guys a go until Skymesh comes but if the peak congestion isn't bad I'll prob stick with Aussie. 10 May is my appointment date (signed up 28 Apr).

  • 2016-May-4, 4:10 pm
    Dags.

    Or 500gb at 100/40 for $95.

    interfreak writes...

    Not including any phone calls however..

    For an extra $5 a month, you get your current landline number to Nodephone, and you get $10 worth of calls a month for that.

  • 2016-May-4, 4:10 pm
    ryanrocket

    Yep the 1TB option.

    On one of the threads I read on here, someone explained that Optus were not very consistent with their speeds. My first thought was to go with Optus but after reading the 'internode appreciation' thread I thought I'd try it out. Couldn't be worse than Telstra!

  • 2016-May-4, 4:23 pm
    interfreak

    ryanrocket writes...

    Couldn't be worse than Telstra!

    Going by Dag's speed test results, their pings are worse than Telstra's (30ms vs 19ms) and download/upload speeds seem to suffer a bit more as well.

    whrl.pl/ReBTqA

    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5289347245

  • 2016-May-4, 4:23 pm
    ryanrocket

    Each to their own but after the years of dealing with telstra's horrendous customer service, I'd be fine with the difference in speed.

  • Dags.

    interfreak writes...

    Going by Dag's speed test results, their pings are worse than Telstra's (30ms vs 19ms) and download/upload speeds seem to suffer a bit more as well.

    I just did this test at 5PM and it is more like the standard I get. It is the Upload speed that is never high.
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5299116423

  • aXi$te

    Well, finally have a fibre coil hanging on my wall! Saba St Burdell

  • 2016-May-4, 4:35 pm
    Barakas

    Got NBN installed in 4TNS-11 today. Placed order with TPG on 27th April, got install date for 05/05 8am-12pm.

    Tech turned up just before 10am, put it under the internal stairs exactly where I wanted it, and ran the external conduit really neatly so it is as unobtrusive as possible. Was all done in around half an hour. Not sure when it became active, went out for a couple of hours and it was all live by the time I got back.

    Was a bit worried about speed issues as I'd seen TPG mentioned as having CVC issues but looks ok so far. 94 down/33 up at 2pm this afternoon, and getting exactly the same now during the beginning of peak time.

  • 2016-May-4, 4:35 pm
    Jetpilot

    Also on 4TNS-11 in Crestbrook in Mount Louisa with Internode

    connection installed this afternoon, guys were only here 30-40 mins very helpful tech2home guys

    we only went with 50/20 but happy with the results

    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5301973833

  • 2016-May-4, 4:59 pm
    Jordee

    aXi$te writes...

    Well, finally have a fibre coil hanging on my wall! Saba St Burdell

    So funnily enough, it sounds like you're getting FTTP?

  • 2016-May-4, 4:59 pm
    aXi$te

    Indeed, even better I came home today and the coil is gone... replaced by a PCD :D

  • 2016-May-4, 5:12 pm
    ShortyM

    All sounding good for speeds so far. Hopefully that continues for me. My nbn experience has already been soured. The last thing I want is to fire up my connection and get 5Mb down. Hopefully iiNet will be my saviours in shining armour.

  • 2016-May-4, 5:12 pm
    ryanrocket

    ShortyM writes...

    Hopefully iiNet will be my saviours in shining armour.

    Fingers crossed for you!

  • 2016-May-4, 5:21 pm
    ShortyM

    Got a call from nbnco today confirming my appointment for Wednesday arvo. I was naively hoping it was going to be brought forward but hey, as long as it's not being delayed again I'm ecstatic.

  • 2016-May-4, 5:21 pm
    isa_fisher

    Hi all, hoping someone can help me. NBN box outside the house was installed and my area is now ready for NBN. Not too sure what plan would best suit me. I am currently using Telstra ADSL2 500GB at $90 a month. I play online video games alot as well as stream movies and music. I am a heavy internet user. Just wondering what people think would be a good plan for me. Thanks :)

  • 2016-May-5, 6:19 pm
    merlinisawizard

    Hi all,
    I'm just curious if anyone has any information on Greenwood Residential, Kirwan.

    Kirwan East Seems to have NBN but anything west of Thuringowa Dr has nothing?

  • 2016-May-5, 6:19 pm
    interfreak

    isa_fisher writes...

    I am a heavy internet user. Just wondering what people think would be a good plan for me. Thanks :)

    Optus have some nice unlimited plans to choose from, and those connected in Townsville report pretty consistent speeds (i.e. no congestion during peak times).

    Telstra also have a pretty good deal on at the moment for $99/1TB/All calls/Telstra TV/Modem.

  • 2016-May-5, 7:02 pm
    ShortyM

    isa_fisher writes...

    am currently using Telstra ADSL2 500GB at $90 a month. I play online video games alot as well as stream movies and musi

    How much of that 500gb do you burn through each month?

  • 2016-May-5, 7:02 pm
    ShortyM

    HAPPY NBN DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

  • 2016-May-11, 6:16 am
    interfreak

    LOL Fingers are crossed for you mate, hope everything goes smooth!

  • 2016-May-11, 6:16 am
    ShortyM

    interfreak writes...

    LOL Fingers are crossed for you mate, hope everything goes smooth!

    You and me both comrade!

  • 2016-May-11, 6:30 am
    isa_fisher

    ShortyM writes...

    How much of that 500gb do you burn through each month?

    About 350 GB

  • 2016-May-11, 6:30 am
    isa_fisher

    interfreak writes...

    Optus have some nice unlimited plans to choose from, and those connected in Townsville report pretty consistent speeds (i.e. no congestion during peak times).

    Telstra also have a pretty good deal on at the moment for $99/1TB/All calls/Telstra TV/Modem.

    Thank you :) I will check it out.

  • 2016-May-11, 8:46 am
    ShortyM

    isa_fisher writes...

    About 350 GB

    Depends on prices. You still have 150GB buffer to account for the extra speeds. If you can get a bigger plan for a tiny bit more then why not? But if it's a reasonably big jump it might be worth staying with 500 and seeing how you go. Easier to up in plan than down.

  • 2016-May-11, 8:46 am
    timelock

    merlinisawizard writes...

    Hi all,
    I'm just curious if anyone has any information on Greenwood Residential, Kirwan.

    Kirwan East Seems to have NBN but anything west of Thuringowa Dr has nothing?

    I don't know for sure where each of the areas are but I think you (and I) are in:
    4KIR-05
    Area: Kirwan, Mount Louisa
    Expected Build: 01-Oct-16
    Expected RFS: 30-Jun-17
    Premises: 3,682
    FTTN: 1,795
    FTTP: 1,887

    The NBN co maps don't show it yet though. I think it will appear when the build starts in October.

  • 2016-May-11, 8:47 am
    Jordee

    Hi timelock � I think you'd be right to assume you are in 4KIR-05. NBNCo have stopped putting build prep on maps. Generally new areas go straight to build now..

  • 2016-May-11, 8:47 am
    ShortyM

    So I'm half way through the appointment slot. Still no show.........

    Someone reassure me.

  • 2016-May-11, 9:30 am
    interfreak

    *holds out hand*

  • 2016-May-11, 9:30 am
    ShortyM
    this post was edited

    Less than an hour to go. Still waiting.......

    Edit. HE JUST CALLED! HE'S ON HIS WAY!!! My poor heart.

  • 2016-May-11, 9:32 am
    ShortyM

    Old
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5316191237

    New
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5316355045

    Now that is quite lackluster for a 100Mb/s plan. However this machine is on WiFi at the other end of the house so I am expecting a less than perfect service on it. However my media center PC is connected by cable and it's about 80Mb. Will give it some time and see how it goes.

  • 2016-May-11, 9:32 am
    aXi$te

    yeah, that is likely the wifi. Unfortunately now that you are with TPG, that is likely why you only got 80mb..

    My node adsl connection has gotten much worse since the tpg takeover, super unreliable, horrible speeds.

  • 2016-May-11, 11:43 am
    ShortyM

    I'll be testing it a different times of the day to see if that has any effect.

  • 2016-May-11, 11:43 am
    interfreak

    That's classic congestion unfortunately. :(

    You'll find at 'off peak' times (before say 4-5pm in the afternoon and 9-10pm weekdays) speeds should be close to maximum.

  • ShortyM

    Ran another one just now. 90Mb/s down. On the Ethernet cabled media pc. I'm happy enough with that. Will see what it's like on Saturday.

  • ShortyM

    95Mb/s down at 5am.

  • 2016-May-11, 3:24 pm
    interfreak

    My results from a few mins ago.

    http://www.speedtest.net/result/5318088709.png

    Give it a few more days of testing mate, but even if it does slow down to 60-80Mbps at peak times, that's still vastly better that what you had. :)

  • 2016-May-11, 3:24 pm
    ShortyM

    interfreak writes...

    Give it a few more days of testing mate, but even if it does slow down to 60-80Mbps at peak times, that's still vastly better that what you had. :)

    Hey I'm not worried at all. If it keeps this performance I'm stoked.

  • ShortyM

    Soooooo, why is YouTube buffering for me all of a sudden? Speedtest is showing 85 down.

  • interfreak

    No issues for me, it could be an ISP issue?

  • 2016-May-12, 8:01 pm
    ShortyM

    Nah it's ok. I think it was just one particular video on a dodgy server or something. Everything else has been fine.

  • 2016-May-12, 8:01 pm
    sawlteh

    drove past deeragun today and saw trenches being dug along the footpath as well as leadins

    mynbn says this is an FTTN area and there's a recently installed node like 50m up the road why is this? are they getting fibre on demand?

  • 2016-May-13, 11:13 am
    Jordee

    Nah, you can't get fibre on demand until the area is RFS. It would have been deemed to be more cost effective to run fibre as opposed to FTTN. In some areas with new pits and conduits, it's better value for money. Also, newer burbs usually ran a lower gauge copper which may not work on FTTN. It's luck of the draw...

  • 2016-May-13, 11:13 am
    ShortyM

    Don't get your hopes up for FoD. It's highly unlikely it will ever see the light of day.

  • 2016-May-15, 11:41 am
    Jordee

    Well I'll certainly be putting FoD to the test by putting in a number of applications for work related sites around NQ. I'll let you all know how it goes..

  • 2016-May-15, 11:41 am
    isa_fisher

    So I bit the bullet and ended up going with Internode. Install date is 01 June � bit excited :)

  • 2016-May-15, 5:45 pm
    ShortyM

    Parents had their install done yesterday morning. Online with Telstra at a nice 24/4. They don't know what to do with that 1TB of data after their previous 4GB mobile broadband plan.

  • 2016-May-15, 5:45 pm
    Moll Patrol

    Update the computers whenever they want.
    I remember I always had to stage ours when I was on mobile lol

  • ShortyM

    Moll Patrol writes...

    Update the computers whenever they want.

    Oh yeah. Their phones and tablet are now updating like mad. And dad can now actually watch videos!!

  • STANnFRETY

    just got into Townsville yesterday and noticed them running the lovely green cable on riverway drive in condon.

    was hoping work was going on down near kelso where my parents in law live but alas no, not a sign of green anywhere.

  • 2016-May-25, 8:13 am
    Jordee

    You mean this? ;)

    http://imgur.com/dmCRBki

  • 2016-May-25, 8:13 am
    STANnFRETY

    yeah

  • 2016-May-25, 6:31 pm
    broekn

    I just got an iinet 100/40 line connected in Mount Louisa, tests about 85/30 but maxes out no problem

  • 2016-May-25, 6:31 pm
    ShortyM

    broekn writes...

    got an iinet 100/40 line connected in Mount Louisa

    Welcome to the club!

  • 2016-May-25, 7:10 pm
    isa_fisher
    this post was edited
  • 2016-May-25, 7:10 pm
    lubmiflog

    Just did my first steam download. 12MB/s

    Ridiculous

  • 2016-May-26, 4:14 am
    Jordee

    Lots of works happening down Allambie lane in Rasmussen. Big spools of green cable being pulled into pits :)

  • 2016-May-26, 4:14 am
    Peter Parkinson

    Jordee the NBN Stalker :) lets hope that currawong area gets it soon.
    \

  • 2016-May-26, 4:33 pm
    STANnFRETY

    so from my recent trip upto Townsville, the wife and i have been talking and it looks like a good option to sell up and move to townsville.

    we are looking at a house in cranbrook and going off the finder/nbn it is FTTP

    anyone else around the cranbrook area that has fibre and is it any good? what ISPs can you use up there?

  • 2016-May-26, 4:33 pm
    Jordee

    Peter Parkinson writes...

    Jordee the NBN Stalker :) lets hope that currawong area gets it soon.

    Haha, yup :P

    It'll start within the next couple of months :)

  • 2016-Jun-5, 3:59 pm
    Jordee

    stannfrety writes...

    so from my recent trip upto Townsville, the wife and i have been talking and it looks like a good option to sell up and move to townsville.

    we are looking at a house in cranbrook and going off the finder/nbn it is FTTP

    anyone else around the cranbrook area that has fibre and is it any good? what ISPs can you use up there?

    Townsville is predominantly FTTP. Essentially anywhere that is currently listed as "Available" is FTTP. The build areas in the northern suburbs will be FTTN.

    Cranbrook is FTTP. The best ISP's for guaranteed speed are usually Telstra or Optus. Others have seen some backhaul issues. Others can comment as to whether or not that situation has improved.

    Otherwise.. Welcome to Townsville!

  • 2016-Jun-5, 3:59 pm
    STANnFRETY

    Jordee writes...

    The best ISP's for guaranteed speed are usually Telstra or Optus. Others have seen some backhaul issues.

    cheers, i think it will be at least 6 months till we get up there, the logistics of moving all my stuff scares me. escpecially my 30 odd fish and 6 foot tank

    TPG available as well im guessing?

  • 2016-Jun-5, 4:32 pm
    interfreak

    Yup.

  • 2016-Jun-5, 4:32 pm
    STANnFRETY

    the thought of waiting nearly 2 more years for FTTN (on god knows what speed) is more than enough incentive to pack up my crap and move to the ville

  • 2016-Jun-5, 4:48 pm
    interfreak

    Yeah if it was like that for me, I'd be thinking of moving to lol. You'll love it here. :)

  • 2016-Jun-5, 4:48 pm
    ShortyM

    stannfrety writes...

    is more than enough incentive to pack up my crap and move to the ville

    Make sure you love humidity and the heat. If you're coming from a cooler climate I'd suggest making your move in the winter.

  • 2016-Jun-5, 4:50 pm
    Peter Parkinson

    Townsville is one of the highest crime rates in QLD and unemployment at 13%, but we have NBN! we really have our priority's wrong...
    but its still the best place to be, just lock up and hide your keys, and look out for your neighbours

  • 2016-Jun-5, 4:50 pm
    Peter Parkinson
  • 2016-Jun-5, 10:28 pm
    interfreak

    Peter Parkinson writes...

    Townsville is one of the highest crime rates in QLD and unemployment at 13%, but we have NBN! we really have our priority's wrong...
    but its still the best place to be, just lock up and hide your keys, and look out for your neighbours

    Advanced Internet infrastructure will benefit the whole nation, Townsville's short term crime and unemployment woes is a local issue,to be resolved by state and local governments.

  • 2016-Jun-5, 10:28 pm
    STANnFRETY

    Peter Parkinson writes...

    Our internet speed in condon tonight..

    adsl ??? nbn isnt at condon yet is it?

    and yes i know about the un-employment and crime

    will ahve a job when i move up there so that takes care of one issue

    at least the bank says it is doable so hopefully early next year we might be up there

  • 2016-Jun-6, 6:43 am
    Jordee

    Yes, Condon is an internet backwater... :(

    Not for long tho.. give it time

  • 2016-Jun-6, 6:43 am
    STANnFRETY

    Are you guys getting FTTN in Condon?

    If so I will still look at buying in cranbrook

    Two story houses are so cheap compared to Melbourne, although they probably need 50k put into them to make them look half decent, but I'm loving the massive blocks of land and flat land as well.

  • 2016-Jun-12, 5:55 pm
    Jordee

    Yeah.. most likely FTTN. There's a splattering of FTTP somewhere, but we dont know where yet :P

  • 2016-Jun-12, 5:55 pm
    baileyd

    I saw several teams doing stuff with several of the pits on Youlanda Drive today. They had people right at the end near the round about and back to the round about near the shops (plus in the middle)

    It looked like they were setting up to pull something through. There were balls of rope, but whatever they were going to put through wasn't in sight at that stage.

  • schmak

    Has anyone had any connection go ahead in the northern beaches area?
    MyNBN info site reckons it should have gone live by now, but there only seems to be ADSL being offered still.

  • sawlteh

    I don't believe the Burdekin region NBN (FTTN) rollout has it's own thread so I'll just post here. Not to mention it's on the Mackay POI.

    Just checked and 4AYR-03 (Brandon) and 4AYR-02 (Home Hill) are now live and RFS as of the 17th of June. 4AYR-01 (which I'm on) is estimated for July 22, makes sense because it's a larger Service Area compared to the former.

  • 2016-Jun-12, 6:59 pm
    Jordee

    Yeah.. Burdekin area appears to have been delayed for some reason...

  • 2016-Jun-12, 6:59 pm
    Blakhomer

    I noticed the work was being done by Datatel whom I believe have been doing, at least some of, the NBN work in Townsville.

    Promising signs!

    EDIT: Meant to quote the gentleman who mentioned seeing the work on Yolanda Drive in Annandale.

  • IAmDrinks

    sawlteh writes...

    Just checked and 4AYR-03 (Brandon) and 4AYR-02 (Home Hill) are now live and RFS as of the 17th of June. 4AYR-01 (which I'm on) is estimated for July 22, makes sense because it's a larger Service Area compared to the former.

    Burdekin is a little delayed, original RFS date was 1st of June, now it shows 17th however no connections are being made just yet due to delays, no ETR at the moment AFAIK

  • GetR3ktM8

    about to dump Activ8me soon due to horrible peak speeds.. :( like 60 or so kb/s some times on steam downloads

    is anyone in townsville on optus report on what they are like speed wise ?? the issue with alot of RSP's is they prioritize traffic to speedtest.net so when you test you get 90 odd meg then you check fast.com and notice your actually dont have good speeds

  • Jordee

    Not sure if they'd prioritise. Take in mind of course that when you speedtest from a local Australian server, your speedtests will probably utilise a peering feed as opposed to an internet feed. A steam download for instance may be traversing a main internet feed with higher contention. If speedtest.net is reflecting higher speeds than general internet access, then I would guess that perhaps your ISP has highly congested internet link(s) � particularly in international transit, but this isn't uncommon in Australia :)

  • Xserve2

    GetR3ktM8 writes...

    is anyone in townsville on optus report on what they are like speed wise ??

    Been on OPTUS since December � no complaints at all � 94Mb down on both speedtest.net and Fast.com

  • 2016-Jun-26, 10:36 pm
    sawlteh

    IAmDrinks writes...

    Burdekin is a little delayed, original RFS date was 1st of June, now it shows 17th however no connections are being made just yet due to delays, no ETR at the moment AFAIK

    Yeah you're right, can't seem to order a NBN service (via Telstra) from any Brandon or Home Hill addresses anymore. Was working a few days ago.

  • 2016-Jun-26, 10:36 pm
    sawlteh

    nvm it's working again

  • 2016-Jun-30, 12:13 am
    71meh

    Northshore and mount low just went live a few days ago. First fttn for Townsville.

    Will be interesting to see the fttn speeds

    Cheers
    Tim

  • 2016-Jun-30, 12:13 am
    schmak

    I'm in Mount Low, and it's still not live. Latest update from inside of Telstra is potentially late July.

  • 2016-Jun-30, 12:23 am
    aXi$te

    Mynbn shows my area of North Shore as ready as of 26th June. Have gone and ordered a service online, will see if it gets rejected or not.

  • 2016-Jun-30, 12:23 am
    71meh

    schmak writes...

    I'm in Mount Low, and it's still not live. Latest update from inside of Telstra is potentially late July.

    Hey Mate,

    4DEG-01 & 4DEG-02 Sam's are the ones to go live. so anything ocean side of bruce hwy is good to go, anything bushland beach (4DEG-03) has a little to go.

    Cheers,
    Tim

  • 2016-Jun-30, 5:23 pm
    aXi$te
    this post was edited

    Just received a text, tech visit booked in for Wednesday 13th July, between 1pm and 5pm for NTD install.

    Update: just got a call from nbn, asking if it was ok to move my appointment to same time, this thursday.. :D

  • 2016-Jun-30, 5:23 pm
    schmak

    I was speaking to someone with some inside knowledge, and it turns out there are 'mini nodes' which are not active in the area. They will go RFS in the near future. Guess what I'm on...

  • 2016-Jul-1, 8:41 am
    JAG13

    Hey guys. Great to hear some progress on this side of town finally

    I'm Mount Low side of burdell off 4DEG-05 anyone have some insider knowledge with what is happening here?

    I have seen my pillar and my own connection personally within. As the street runs I would be looking at close to 800m of copper. Service says it will be ready in August yet I have not seen any works commencing whatsoever.

    I'm wondering if I'm going to stuck with 25Mbps for the rest of my tax paying life. Most likely it would seem. 15 years from now little old Townsville will be a hot topic headlines feature 'The Great Digital Divide..' can see it now. Cheers

  • 2016-Jul-1, 8:41 am
    JAG13

    To anyone who has recently been connected :-

    Can you share your fttn experience?
    What plan/provider did you go with?
    Would you recommend them/why?

    Cheers

  • 2016-Jul-1, 10:12 am
    aXi$te

    NTD Installed, no issues with the Installers from Tech2Home. Asked me where I wanted it, showed them the spot pretty much in the centre of the house, they said no worries, got to work, 30 mins later all done.

    Now just to wait for my ISP to flick their switch lol.

  • 2016-Jul-1, 10:12 am
    thomo

    After 3 months of stuffing around I have finally been connected on the third attempt to FTTB. Syncing at full speed of 100/40.

  • 2016-Jul-1, 2:00 pm
    aXi$te

    Up and running about 10pm last night. Speedtest giving me 93/30 so far, current router may be not up to task (Netcomm NB16WV-02) Only had it due to needing an ADSL modem previously.

    Might have to give my DIR-865L a crack.

  • 2016-Jul-1, 2:00 pm
    interfreak

    thomo writes...

    After 3 months of stuffing around I have finally been connected on the third attempt to FTTB. Syncing at full speed of 100/40.

    WOOHOO!!

    aXi$te writes...

    Up and running about 10pm last night. Speedtest giving me 93/30 so far, current router may be not up to task (Netcomm NB16WV-02) Only had it due to needing an ADSL modem previously

    Good to hear mate, enjoy. :)

  • STANnFRETY

    Rasmussen has just turned onto construction in progress :(

    Condon still nothing

  • Jordee

    STANnFRETY writes...

    Condon still nothing

    Next month..

  • 2016-Jul-5, 7:24 am
    Cam

    Hey there, I'm in Douglas near the Riverview Tavern and hoping for NBN later this year. I'm assuming of course that it will be FTTN and I'm wondering � is there an option to pay extra for FTTP in order to get a 100/40 connection?

  • 2016-Jul-5, 7:24 am
    Jordee

    Douglas isn't even in build yet, you'll be waiting a couple of years I reckon.

  • 2016-Jul-19, 10:44 am
    STANnFRETY

    Cam writes...

    ing � is there an option to pay extra for FTTP in order to get a 100/40 connection?

    Go here for discussion on that �
    /forum-replies.cfm?t=2490418

  • 2016-Jul-19, 10:44 am
    Cam

    Jordee writes...

    Douglas isn't even in build yet, you'll be waiting a couple of years I reckon.

    NBNCo are still showing it is Q4 2016 � see http://i.imgur.com/E3d8Ma7.png

  • 2016-Jul-19, 2:59 pm
    Jordee

    Cam writes...

    NBNCo are still showing it is Q4 2016 � see http://i.imgur.com/E3d8Ma7.png

    Yup, for build. Which means you might be able to order a service on it in early 2018.

  • 2016-Jul-19, 2:59 pm
    Cam

    Jordee writes...

    Yup, for build. Which means you might be able to order a service on it in early 2018.

    How to spoil a man's night :(

  • 2016-Jul-19, 4:26 pm
    Jordee

    Cam writes...

    How to spoil a man's night :(

    Lol.. sorry :(

  • 2016-Jul-19, 4:26 pm
    sawlteh

    4AYR-01 (Ayr) is now live, probably ordering a 100/40 FTTN service through Telstra in the coming days.

    I'm 180m from the node so I'm pretty confident I'll get max sync speeds.

  • 2016-Jul-19, 9:02 pm
    JAG13

    Hey guys mine is saying expected RFS in less than two weeks (4DEG5-05) there is no new cabinets constructed anywhere at all. (I know which pillar I'm on) Gotta be complete rubbish data right?

    I did receive something via mail saying nbn was coming about 6 weeks ago.

  • 2016-Jul-19, 9:02 pm
    LithiumCQ

    I signed up to NBN on 4AYR-01 in Ayr last Friday despite NBN Finder indicating that it was still under construction in this area.
    NBNco have also not updated their site yet but Optus were happy to put through the order.

    Connection date is Monday.

    Super keen for 100/40. Distance to the node by road is 280m.

  • 2016-Jul-20, 3:03 pm
    JAG13

    JAG13 writes...

    Hey guys mine is saying expected RFS in less than two weeks (4DEG5-05) there is no new cabinets constructed anywhere at all. (I know which pillar I'm on) Gotta be complete rubbish data right?

    I did receive something via mail saying nbn was coming about 6 weeks ago.

    I'm wrong. I found my cabinet it was even further away into whoop whoop from the pillar with which serves this populace (.. yay for us).

    RFS was the 5th. Ordered yesterday on the 6th via TPG. Hoping for around 40Mb.. but expecting no more than 25. Glta

  • 2016-Jul-20, 3:03 pm
    ShortyM
    this post was edited

    My iiNet connection seems to have improved several orders of magnitude this weekend during peak time. Usually Friday and Saturday evenings are sitting below 20mb/s. This weekend I've been getting full speeds on my 100/40 fttp plan.

    Hopefully this is permanent and not the exception to the rule.

    Edit: 4TNS-11

  • 2016-Jul-23, 12:19 am
    JAG13

    Install is confirmed for 01/09. Damn that's a long wait.. now I have polonged reading of everyone's modem stats in jealousy

  • 2016-Jul-23, 12:19 am
    Anakin64

    JAG13 writes...

    Install is confirmed for 01/09. Damn that's a long wait..

    Pity those of us who's build hasn't even started yet, I'm in Wulguru so looking at 2017 at the earliest.

  • 2016-Jul-24, 1:03 pm
    JAG13

    Anakin64 writes...

    Pity those of us who's build hasn't even started yet, I'm in Wulguru so looking at 2017 at the earliest.

    I feel for you mate. This countries internet is a shambles. The fastest connection I've ever had was around 11Mbps in Wulguru years ago with Rawnet.

    The house I am in now wasn't even built back then and my connection is half that nearly 10 years on :/ 5Mbps.

  • 2016-Jul-24, 1:03 pm
    Anakin64

    The way the rollout has been done just confuses me. Wulguru exchange is NBN ready, and there are pockets around which have NBN FTTP already, but instead of finishing one suburb before expanding into the next it almost seems that they have been throwing darts at a map to decide who gets NBN and in what order.

  • 2016-Jul-28, 5:45 pm
    timelock

    I have heard from people in Ayr (East Ayr at least) that the FTTN cutover didn't go very well and many are without phones and internet since Thursday. An NBN person said on Friday that the cutover failed and that Wednesday is when it would be fixed.

    Not sure how it is supposed to work but I know of a place that doesn't have internet, just a phone line. They were sent a box (not sure what it was, I assume a bare bones VDSL/VOIP box) that needed to be plugged in after the cutover. They did that but no phone service.

  • 2016-Jul-28, 5:45 pm
    AHH91

    I live in east Ayr, was supposed to be connected on 12/8, didn't happen (shocker). It's been rescheduled for 24/8 � this Wednesday. I'll be interested to see if I'm actually connected this time, thankfully my existing ADSL and phone are both working normally. From what I've read some people have had up to 9 goes at getting connected, so I remain skeptical that I'll be switched over on Wednesday.

  • 2016-Aug-7, 6:55 pm
    interfreak

    Just a heads up, Telstra are apparently launching new bundles tomorrow:

    whrl.pl/ReG0aB

    small � 100gb, free local $70
    medium � 500gb, free local, national $90, telstra tv
    large � 1000gb , free local, std and mobile, international saver, $120,telstra tv , foxtel entertainment
    xlarge � 1500gb, free local, std and mobile, international ultimate $140, telstra tv,

    medium, large and xlarge get 3 months netflix, stan and presto

    upgrade to gateway max 2 $96

    same pricing for speed boost ($20/$30)

    20/50/200gb data packs for $5/10/25

    $89 activation charge. if you need tech visit it will be $89 activation + $240

  • 2016-Aug-7, 6:55 pm
    JAG13

    JAG13 writes...

    Install is confirmed for 01/09. Damn that's a long wait.. now I have polonged reading of everyone's modem stats in jealousy

    WOW. This is ridiculous. I was praying for 35/15..

    Actual � 75/40!
    (best speedtest results I can seem to get is around 70/39)

    I have no bloody idea whats going on but I LIKE IT.

    Estimated line length ~ 850m, I have since engaged Rendrag to try to help me out here � especially given my surprising sync speeds.

    Cheers all

    edit:
    Line Status
    Help
    Line standard VDSL2
    Channel type
    Interleaved
    Downstream line rate (kbit/s) 75827
    Upstream line rate (kbit/s) 39861
    Downstream SNR (dB) 6.5
    Upstream SNR (dB) 6.5
    Downstream line attenuation (dB) 14
    Upstream line attenuation (dB) 6
    Downstream output power (dBmV) 14
    Upstream output power (dBmV) 7.3
    Downstream CRC 0
    Upstream CRC 0
    Downstream FEC 710
    Upstream FEC 411

  • thomo
    this post was edited

    JAG13 writes...

    WOW. This is ridiculous. I was praying for 35/15..

    Actual � 75/40!
    (best speedtest results I can seem to get is around 70/39)

    So whats the problem? lol

    This is what I'm getting but I'm only ~100m from the box.

    DSL Type VDSL2
    DSL Mode Fast
    Maximum Line rate UP 56.74 Mbps DOWN 125.79 Mbps
    Line Rate UP 40 Mbps DOWN 107.73 Mbps
    Output Power UP 12.3 dBm DOWN 8.1 dBm
    Line Attenuation UP 1.8, 13.4, 12.5,N/A,N/A dB DOWN 5.9, 10.0, 15.5 dB
    Noise Margin UP 18.1 dB DOWN 11.2 dB

  • timelock

    They are putting in NBN (FTTN I think) on the corner of Sandstone Drive and Bellbine Street in Kirwan. They have put a new green cabinet in and they are doing copper work. There has been a couple of Telstra people there for a few days with the manhole open. I think they are terminating the new copper cable from the cabinet to the pillar.

  • 2016-Sep-7, 10:33 am
    STANnFRETY

    Anyone know what is going on down Kelso way with regards to what technology they are using?

    Finder last time I checked said fixed wireless but I'm hoping it is FTTN so I may have a chance to buy a cheap house out there with decent speeds. That or install a VM at my parents in law and piggyback off their connection.

  • 2016-Sep-7, 10:33 am
    interfreak

    Probably a mix of FTTN and wireless, although new estates will probably be FTTP.

  • 2016-Sep-7, 1:07 pm
    smartdude2

    Hey all, was just connected today with a 100/40 plan through Telstra. Was great for part of the day (11am-3pm) getting close to those speeds, but soon after that it tanked hard to around 10/35 which in terms of download is less then what I used to get on copper. Are these peak time slowdowns a common thing?

  • 2016-Sep-7, 1:07 pm
    interfreak

    No, they are not.

    Are you on FTTP or FTTN?

  • 2016-Sep-9, 9:20 pm
    smartdude2

    FTTP, the exchange is also just down the road (100m away). As soon as it hit around 1am last night I got my full speed again, but after testing again at 10am I had slowed down to 18/35

  • 2016-Sep-9, 9:20 pm
    interfreak

    On FTTP it doesn't matter how far away the exchange is, you'll always get full speeds. Distance isn't a factor.

    However, your choice of ISP is. I've been with Telstra FTTP since March, and have never seen any slowdowns like you describe. I'd be contacting Telstra as there has to be an issue somewhere.

  • 2016-Sep-10, 7:37 am
    Jordee

    Condon finally on the map :)

  • 2016-Sep-10, 7:37 am
    interfreak

    Jordee writes...

    Condon finally on the map :)

    Awesome news, I know you've been waiting and hoping for a long time mate! :)

  • 2016-Sep-10, 1:30 pm
    Anakin64

    Have they released a timetable for other areas in Townsville, other than sometime in the next 3 tears. Still waiting, not too patiently, for Wulguru Exchange.

  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét