Thứ Năm, 29 tháng 9, 2016

Townsville NQ Region NBN Rollout - Part 2 part 1

  • Defaulty
    O.P.

    Continues from the Original part

  • thomo

    I don't think it will all be doom and gloom for Townsville.

    Once the strategic review is complete the government will have to renegotiate with Telstra in order to implement FTTN. After that it will have to go to a vote with Telstra share holders at the AGM next October 2014.

    With that being said I think FTTP will still be rolled out and any FTTN can't be implemented until late 2014.

    Well here's hoping anyway.

  • 2013-Nov-5, 12:57 pm
    Fernando

    What plan are you on?
    [Edit] Sorry missed what you said in your post � I guess you are on the 12/1 plan � or are you on the 25/5? [/edit]

    Did you do a check using speedtest.net?

    I was using OzSpeedTest.com but I'll try speedtest.net tonight and let you know. By the way, I rang Telstra about something with my account and they told me that NBN FTTP (or Home) is a definite for Townsville on residential plans and on a case by case basis. So the aim is yes � FTTP all the way baby!

  • 2013-Nov-5, 12:57 pm
    Xserve2
    this post was edited

    NBN is still alive and well � Pics of Optus install in North Ward last Thursday and there was also another install done on Friday in South Townsville for a friend.

    No hassles with the install. 1st crew ran from the pit to the side of the house and installed PCD. Then second crew ran fibre up wall and along under the eaves to the computer room at the front of the house. All done very neatly. (SDU) � Optus provided VOIP and kept original 'phone number.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90657828@N04/10810068826/

    'Modem' box without the cover:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90657828@N04/10810058985/

  • 2013-Nov-5, 3:45 pm
    RealEstateAgent

    Have been impressed with ISGM. Got back plans for a MDU in west end very quickly and all done very professionally. Pity no one in the block in keen for nbn as this stage. Another block in west end isn't ready for service and all people there are super keen which is unfortunate.

  • 2013-Nov-5, 3:45 pm
    GetR3ktM8

    RealEstateAgent writes...

    Have been impressed with ISGM. Got back plans for a MDU in west end very quickly and all done very professionally. Pity no one in the block in keen for nbn as this stage. Another block in west end isn't ready for service and all people there are super keen which is unfortunate.

    just waiting on isgm to do my mdu in northward between now and the 24th of nov

    very keen :)

  • nthqld adsl2 user

    We had ISGM through our block of units in Pimlico 2 days ago. Hopefully not long now :)

  • GetR3ktM8

    nthqld adsl2 user writes...

    We had ISGM through our block of units in Pimlico 2 days ago. Hopefully not long now :)

    doing the planning or the install ?

  • 2013-Nov-12, 11:22 am
    nthqld adsl2 user

    Planning phase.

    Very simple block � 4 townhouses (2 freestanding buildings). Shouldn't be overly complex I hope.

  • 2013-Nov-12, 11:22 am
    interfreak

    ....aaaaaand still no activity in Belgian Gardens/Garbutt/Pallarenda/parts of West End....

  • GetR3ktM8

    loads of units/mdu's getting nbn love in north ward at the moment working there way though them all looking promising

  • Xserve2

    Likewise in Pimlico � 1st hand report of connections being made today to a 4 unit 'flat pack'

    Also Wireless connection made yesterday out at Majors Creek

    The guys are all working hard � I'll have info (and pics) on both connections next week

  • 2013-Nov-13, 11:09 pm
    Wizard_TPG

    NBN Rollout is a bad joke and I am thinking it will never actually happen

    Back in August my area (Anne St Gulliver) was enabled and I applied immediately to get connected. Several weeks later two guys from NBN came out to assess the installation.
    They were unable to determine where my existing phone cable entered my residence so determined that my installation would require a new conduit to go from the pit to my house (approx 7 meters in length).
    All Good. My installation was scheduled for the 25th of September.

    25th of September rolls around and a team of three arrives to install the fibre using my existing phone line.... umm guys... guess what....
    They couldnt find the phone line either and said they would have to come back later (that day) to put in a conduit as per the previous assessment.
    Half an hour later another 2 guys arrive and mount an external box on the wall, run fibre from that external box to an internal box and commission the modem inside. They state that someone else will be out will be back soon to do the external conduit and fibre.
    No-one arrives.....

    A few days later (still no contact) I call internode to try and find out what is going on.... No-one knows.
    Internode calls me back and tells me that my installation has been scheduled for rectification by the 15th of November... I am told this is a maximum. It will probably be much sooner than this.
    Sounds reasonable right? Its only 7 meters of fibre to be installed?

    A couple of weeks later a pair of assessors from NBN (not their sub-contractors this time but actual NBN employees) arrive to try and locate the phone line coming into my house... Comes on guys, havnt the other 5 people before you not done this already? Obviously, they cannot find it either.

    Friday 15th November rolls around. In this time NBN have had a vac truck working within 10m of my house on at least a dozen occasions including ON the 15th of November but still no installation.

    I have called internode today to find out what is happening. Might as well talk to a brick wall. They dont know, they tried to call NBN and guess what... they dont know.

    Whats the moral of this story?
    All of you people that think you have any hope of getting an NBN connection within a reasonable time when your area is enabled are in for a very very disappointing surprise :(

  • 2013-Nov-13, 11:09 pm
    The_Great_Greeneye

    Another failed installation attempt today. Still no civil works done to fix our pit afyer 3 weeks and nbn specifically advising it was done. Hoping to light a fire under these guys shortly

  • 2013-Nov-14, 12:19 am
    Xserve2

    Photos of a wireless install at Majors Creek � The Majors Creek install is awaiting install of the Rx/Tx on the roof top mount (Should be hapenning today) � top left 2 pics

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90657828@N04/

  • 2013-Nov-14, 12:19 am
    The_Great_Greeneye

    So apparently 2 failed installs isn't enough grounds for escalation. I'm now told the civil works will be done by 22nd December (well they might or they might take even longer apparently). And I'm sure it'll be another 3 weeks after that till an install date. I can only escalate the issue if they don't get things done by December 22. TIO time methinks cos this is ridiculous

  • 2013-Nov-14, 3:30 am
    Wizard_TPG

    NBNco response is to simply change my "planned remediation date" to the 24th of December.
    What a load of crap.
    I think ill go and find a pit that they want to work in and park my car over it. I might get some action then.

  • 2013-Nov-14, 3:30 am
    nthqld adsl2 user

    Wizard_TPG writes...

    I might get some action then.

    LOL... you'll get some action, a quick moving tow truck. No shortage of tow trucks.

  • 2013-Nov-14, 11:51 am
    The_Great_Greeneye

    I've gone and lodged a TIO compliant, shall see if that gets things moving at all.

  • 2013-Nov-14, 11:51 am
    Wizard_TPG

    Apparently threatening to park my car in unpleasant places may have worked.

    A day later the civil guys arrived, dug the trench and installed the conduit.
    The fibre from pit to wall box is scheduled to be installed on Wed so by wed arvo.... fingers crossed.

  • 2013-Dec-7, 11:30 pm
    abiJ

    Am in the 4GUL-06 FSAM and NBNinfo status says Active Early Access but it's all still brown build stage. What's it mean? Some areas in 4GUL-06 FSAM are available and if so how can I determine if I'm fortunate enough to snazzle it early?

  • 2013-Dec-7, 11:30 pm
    Xserve2

    abiJ writes...

    Some areas in 4GUL-06 FSAM are available and if so how can I determine if I'm fortunate enough to snazzle it early?

    You will need to contact your chosen Service Provider � They will check the on-line NBN database, only accessible by them, and they can book a connection if your address is serviced

  • 2013-Dec-8, 7:48 am
    IMSancho

    Fatty writes...

    I received an email from Internode yesterday telling me that NBN construction has started in my area (4TNS-06). I haven't spotted any work yet.

    New 3-bay pit has been sunk on western corner of Putt st and 11th ave, and conduit was being dug in on the other side. Silcar guys were also walking 11th on Monday with their pit plan, I had a chat with them as the pit in front of my place is slightly in the border of my driveway. They were quite happy to chat and said the pit would need replacing anyway and would be moved a bit which I'm pretty happy about.

  • 2013-Dec-8, 7:48 am
    Whitednj

    loftywinds writes...

    NBN connected back in Oct 2013, but still waiting for NBNco to even tell Telstra that I am connected! Telstra waiting on NBNco for confirmation of connection so I can get "full" speeds, what ever that is.

    Who are you talking to in Telstra?

  • 2013-Dec-8, 9:08 am
    Fatty

    IMSancho writes...

    New 3-bay pit has been sunk on western corner of Putt st and 11th ave, and conduit was being dug in on the other side.

    A new pit has been installed on the corner of Armstrong Street and Lily Street over the last couple of days.

  • 2013-Dec-8, 9:08 am
    Xserve2

    New Pics for all

    First pic is speed test of the wireless installation on the other side of Mt Elliott � on the Woodstock-Giru Rd. � Looks good for a 25/5 connection � Earlier pics showed the internal install and also a pic of the exterior

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90657828@N04/11267868266/

    Second Pic is a Green Fields install in the new area "Spring Bark" on the southern side of Ross River opposite the Skate Park (where the old meatwork's chimney stands)

    You can see by the lights that there is an 'Optical' connection just needs the resident of that unit to request their connection with their choice of RSP. All the Units are preinstalled

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90657828@N04/11267933343/

    All of the NBN pics so far are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/90657828@N04/

  • 2013-Dec-8, 9:18 am
    bkim

    crew from "Trackson" using inline underground boring equipment Sunday in Latchford Street putting in new conduit from the pits to house for the NTD, they have been all round this area the last week or so, I have seen then in Corcoran Street west of Hugh St, in Palmerston St between Hugh and Latchford St and seem to be concentrated on installing new conduits to properties.

    It looks like this area 4Gull-03 is getting the connection to the property without having to opt in for the NTD, despite being one of the first early access areas.

    Two of my friends also in 4Gull -03 have been advised their NTD are being installed in the next few days, ironically they are both rusted on coalition supporters who certainly didn't vote for the FTTP NBN! while I continue to wait with bated breath to see if I get it, my FDH 4gull-03-09 is active and only 80m from my house but they haven't roped my pits or ducts on my part of the street yet!

    They were even 2 of their trucks (Trackson) parked outside of my Neighbours place when I was returning home the other day, but left without doing anything

  • 2013-Dec-8, 9:18 am
    nthqld adsl2 user
    this post was edited

    nthqld adsl2 user writes...

    We had ISGM through our block of units in Pimlico 2 days ago. Hopefully not long now :)

    ^^^ 13 NOVEMBER, Planning Site Survey.

    ------------------

    We received a notice from our body corporate today with an enclosed letter sent by ISGM/NBN to advise our Pimlico unit block's planning has been completed and the NBN install will be completed between sometime between 19DEC and 19FEB.

    Hopefully on the early end of that date range :)

    In other news not 1 not 2, but 3 field tech visits from Telstra in the last 10 days to try and fix my copper based ADSL connection. Was given a new O Pair in the end and it is a bit more stable now, but still experiencing dropouts and noise margin fluctuations. Really looking forward to ditching my copper line for good.

  • 2013-Dec-8, 12:22 pm
    nthqld adsl2 user

    bkim writes...

    It looks like this area 4Gull-03 is getting the connection to the property without having to opt in for the NTD, despite being one of the first early access areas.

    That is the impression I got from our letter from ISGM. They said they were obtaining access under Telecommunications Act Provisions.

    Does anyone know if Skymesh is available in 4GUL-03 ?? It is not showing up in the provider list on the NBN website when searching a close by address.

    I am on Tail � 4GUL-03-13

  • 2013-Dec-8, 12:22 pm
    mickey.b

    I applied for NBN with exetel late September. 5 days later two guys came out to run the fibre from the pit to the house but couldn't because there was a blockage and put a work order through with civil works to fix the conduit. About a week later a guy came out fixed the blockage and pulled a draw string through the conduit. Apparently he never reported he has done the work. I have been on to exetel multiple times since to tell them that the job has been done but including an email with photos of the ccompleted works and they said they will pass this on to nbn. Ever time i ring im told that there is a problem with the conduit and every time I tell them it has already been fixed and they say they will get onto nbn and I'll hear back in 3 or so days. I hear back from them alright, they send me an email saying there is a problem with the conduit and civil works will need to come and fix the problem.
    I get another email said that the order has been put on hold due to civil work needed to fix the conduit and renumeration date will be 10 Dec. No one came out. Got the same email again today saying civil works is required to fix the conduit and new renumeration date is 13th Jan. Called back exetel again and they said they will get back on to nbn and will get back to me. This is ridiculous. A friend of ours also in South Townsville was getting his nbn connected and we told the nbn guys what was going on and said that a guy came and fixed the conduit and pulled a draw string. They asked who did it and we told them and they knew exactly who I was talking about. Turns out he's notorious for doing work and not reporting he's done it. What I don't understand is why nbn can't get it into their head that the work has been done even after send pictures of the completed work.

  • 2013-Dec-8, 9:49 pm
    The_Great_Greeneye

    mickey.b writes...

    Apparently he never reported he has done the work.

    Seems to be the go with local NBN contractor � had pit works done on friday and no update. Fortunately iiNet seem to be a bit more on top of NBN stuff, and they've spoken to the local field managers � should have a proper update in 1-2 days.

    From what the install techs were telling me at last install attempt, the local civil contractor didn't have a co-ordinator till recently, and he now seems to be snowed under with the backlog. Sounds like the contractor needs to put on a few more local office staff to get things on track, but I imagine the $$$ are a bit tight for that.

  • 2013-Dec-8, 9:49 pm
    Xserve2

    Work on MDU's along The Strand are progressing well it seems
    � Just got notified by a colleague that Fibre was run to the door of his Unit (2nd floor of a '6-pack' ) today. Internal fit-out possibly tomorrow but that depends more on the RSP

  • ac124

    interfreak writes...

    There was some cable splicing going on at the Belrowes Place shops, at the turn off to Rowes Bay... Getting closer...

    I thought I saw an NBN van at Belrowes Place. I didnt even let myself hope this might be a sign of work actually commencing in Belgian Gardens.

    But if you actually saw NBN cable splicing happening... oh please please let it be true. I thought FTTP in Belgian Gardens was likely dead in the water.

  • mickey.b

    A few days ago after a call to exetel treating to cancel and posting on another exetel thread I got another email saying nbnco has advised civil works have been completed and installation is set for 15th January which is still ridiculous and replied saying so to which I got a reply saying it's the earliest nbn can install and that the job has been escalated numerous times which is shit but hey, at least I got an install date... today to my surprise a knock at the door. Nbn has come to do the installation. They are doing it now. Fingers crossed everything goes well and I can give you a speed test report.

  • ITTechGuru

    You should be very very thankful you are even getting fiber. (NOT complaining about delays).

  • GetR3ktM8

    ITTechGuru writes...

    You should be very very thankful you are even getting fiber. (NOT complaining about delays).

    #firstworldproblems eh!! lol

    Xserve2 writes...

    Work on MDU's along The Strand are progressing well it seems
    - Just got notified by a colleague that Fibre was run to the door of his Unit (2nd floor of a '6-pack' ) today. Internal fit-out possibly tomorrow but that depends more on the RSP

    highly doubt it

    ive been monitoring my friends and my girlfriends location in the RSP service portal and both of them are still not ready for service service level 0 after being completed 2 months ago same goes for a bunch of other random units that ive seen PCD's mounted out the front of but still not ready to go NBN side so it looks like its taking isgm a long time to actually test and book em off or complete additional work on them.. i got a letter in late Oct saying my unit would be done between 4th of November and 25th of December so maybe a little while longer to go

  • 2013-Dec-10, 12:34 am
    phreeky

    Anyone else in Townsville on Internode NBN experience poor speeds? Upload is great (over 30Mbps), but download is terrible (sub-10Mbps generally). This is what I previously experienced on Exetel and why I got Internode on port #2 for a direct comparison (was doing 90Mbps+ for weeks), but now Internode has gone bad on me :(

    Backhaul issues? Have they switched to using iiNet network recently?

  • 2013-Dec-10, 12:34 am
    nthqld adsl2 user

    +Fu$iOn+ writes...

    i got a letter in late Oct saying my unit would be done between 4th of November and 25th of December so maybe a little while longer to go

    Install or design ?

  • 2013-Dec-11, 11:27 am
    Fernando

    Xserve2 writes...

    Then you will have the ammunition to TELL Telstra to get their act together and have you provisioned.

    Thank you for the response, but I am not technically skilled in NBN speak. What exactly should I say? What is PCD? Should I ring NBN directly and go from there? I also have not had my first bill yet about the NBN so I don't even know my customer number, but they can look it up. Thanks again.

  • 2013-Dec-11, 11:27 am
    GetR3ktM8

    loftywinds writes...

    Thank you for the response, but I am not technically skilled in NBN speak. What exactly should I say? What is PCD?

    pcd is the small junction box they install on the side of your house or appartment its where the fibre conencts to the inside ntd unit :)

    nthqld adsl2 user writes...

    Install or design ?

    for the install the designs are all done :D they where included with all the paperwork from my body corp

  • 2013-Dec-18, 4:54 pm
    Caillin

    I'm on Internode 100/40, and last time I checked I was getting full speed. I'll check again tonight if I remember and let you know.

  • 2013-Dec-18, 4:54 pm
    h323tech

    phreeky writes...

    Have they switched to using iiNet network recently?

    I'm with iiNet 100/40, and getting full speeds � haven't seen d/l below 93Mbps since I got NBN.

  • 2013-Dec-18, 5:20 pm
    thomo

    Noticed NBN checking some pits along Ingham Rd Garbutt today, hopefully things are progressing along.

  • 2013-Dec-18, 5:20 pm
    phreeky

    NTD power cycle fixed my speed issues.

  • 2013-Dec-18, 5:21 pm
    greazzy

    Xserve2 writes...

    You will need to contact your chosen Service Provider

    Say my current isp isnt on said list. would i be silly not to jump ship to one that is?

  • 2013-Dec-18, 5:21 pm
    Xserve2

    greazzy writes...

    Say my current isp isnt on said list. would i be silly not to jump ship to one that is?

    If who you would like is not listed then probably they would not be able to connect you so choose another. But do give a phone call to your first choice. Providers are added to the list every day

  • 2013-Dec-18, 9:06 pm
    greazzy

    Xserve2 writes...

    Providers are added to the list every day

    Its seems odd they are not considering when i put through my relocation request i inquired about NBN being imminent at my new address and them assuring me id be taken care of. Only to find now they are not on the list oh well its not even active yet i guess ill give then time to sort it out. 4gul 04 btw. I want that early access i should have been less ignorant about the whole situation but after seeing my address and noting how i jewed i got by boundaries (house/street behind me has nbn) i resigned to the fact i may not ever get fibre.

  • 2013-Dec-18, 9:06 pm
    adamo sanchez

    greazzy writes...

    i resigned to the fact i may not ever get fibre.

    It's a sinking feeling isn't it. Your fence has become a 'digital devide' frankly, your neighbours are the has and you are the has not.

  • 2013-Dec-19, 5:56 am
    greazzy

    tboo writes...

    Your fence has become a 'digital devide' frankly, your neighbours are the has and you are the has not.

    Turns out the lot number im on is available for NBN and i just put and order through. go figure i only ordered the adsl on the 6th dec and it apparently wasn't on their systems then. Yet today they checked and walla its ordered seems a bit fishy. At least i have my crappy adsl connection till this NBN gets going which wont be till late January apparently there pretty booked up installing.

  • 2013-Dec-19, 5:56 am
    Xserve2

    greazzy writes...

    only ordered the adsl on the 6th dec and it apparently wasn't on their systems then. Yet today they checked and walla its ordered

    Yep things change quiet rapidly. Providers find out if connections are available by checking a special section on the NBN website (not available to the public). NBN can update that in a matter of hours � but I think it's usually once a day.

    To other followers of the Townsville roll-out � Don't give up hope. As others, besides myself, have mentioned it's work as usual for our local NBN guys.

    MDU's are being connected � new areas are being surveyed � Fibre splicing is going ahead in Map areas that are still coloured brown.

    If anything can be gleaned from recent Senate NBN hearings, most of Townsville will be completed before June 2014. We are covered by work orders already in existence. Green Fields (new developments ) are unaffected by any of this � they will get Fibre

  • 2013-Dec-19, 6:05 am
    greazzy

    Xserve2 writes...

    To other followers of the Townsville roll-out � Don't give up hope. As others, besides myself, have mentioned it's work as usual for our local NBN guys.

    This is good news.

  • 2013-Dec-19, 6:05 am
    interfreak

    Xserve2 writes...

    most of Townsville will be completed before June 2014

    Xserve, I'll shout you a carton if Belgian Gardens is even commenced by that date lol.

    Seriously, I'd be truly shocked.

  • 2013-Dec-19, 6:10 am
    thomo

    interfreak writes...

    Xserve, I'll shout you a carton if Belgian Gardens is even commenced by that date lol.

    Seriously, I'd be truly shocked.

    Better make that 2 cartons ;)

  • 2013-Dec-19, 6:10 am
    Xserve2

    Here's a link to the latest NBN PDF document outlining what Installers should do when they arrive at a premise.

    It again reinforces that the installer should install at the location selected by the resident if it complies with the standards.

    Don't let the 'renegades' dictate what they will do.

    From what I have personally witnessed, and heard of, I think we are not having the issues some residents down south complain about

    First 10 Minutes: http://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco/documents/NBN589%20First%2010%20Minutes%20Guide%20Update%20NOV13.pdf

  • 2013-Dec-19, 6:23 am
    greazzy

    Xserve2 writes...

    Don't let the 'renegades' dictate what they will do.

    Yeh i heard via sales rep that they will only charge extra and do a quote for really specific and unreasonable requests for install locations.

  • 2013-Dec-19, 6:23 am
    adamo sanchez

    Xserve2 writes...

    most of Townsville will be completed before June 2014

    So will the change of FTTH to FTTN affect Townsville? Or are we still getting the NBN FTTH?

  • 2013-Dec-19, 7:12 am
    Xserve2

    For the majority of residents it will be FTTH.

    - It seems likely though that High Rise Apartments and locations, like Shopping Malls, will be FTTB (Fibre to the Basement � meaning to their existing internal 'comms point' and from there be distributed over their existing wired connections ('phone lines').

    What few tests that have been done so far, seem to suggest that this connection will be capable of at speeds close to the current 100/40 of the NBN.

    As I have mentioned in earlier posts, Townsville is well served with fibre already. Transit fibre is in place, criss-crossing and circling a large area. the only areas still in doubt as to what the final solution will be, are those suburbs mainly 'south' of Ross River.

    2014 will be very interesting

  • 2013-Dec-19, 7:12 am
    nthqld adsl2 user

    Xserve2 writes...

    are those suburbs mainly 'south' of Ross River.

    Which interestingly enough have some of the worst copper in Townsville, namely Annandale, Wulguru, Douglas (not so much Riverside).

  • 2013-Dec-19, 9:43 am
    max-rob

    nthqld adsl2 user writes...

    Which interestingly enough have some of the worst copper in Townsville, namely Annandale, Wulguru, Douglas (not so much Riverside).

    Don't remind me, my terribad ADSL connection does that often enough already...

  • 2013-Dec-19, 9:43 am
    The_Great_Greeneye

    Finally had a new trench dug and a new lead in conduit put in yesterday � got a message today saying I'm elligible for a priority reschedule since they've stuffed me around twice before. iiNet call up NBN, and apparently the best they can do is the 14th of Jan.

    Four. *#%$ing. Months.

    Seriously not happy.

  • 2013-Dec-21, 9:55 am
    iceni

    The_Great_Greeneye writes...

    Four. *#%$ing. Months.

    Its still better that not getting it all

  • 2013-Dec-21, 9:55 am
    The_Great_Greeneye

    iceni writes...

    Its still better that not getting it all

    True enough. The whining is strong with this one.

  • 2013-Dec-21, 12:54 pm
    lubmiflog

    ac124 writes...

    I thought I saw an NBN van at Belrowes Place. I didnt even let myself hope this might be a sign of work actually commencing in Belgian Gardens.

    But if you actually saw NBN cable splicing happening... oh please please let it be true.

    Holy crap, please please please let them progress this toward my place. I had written off fibre anywhere near my place for the next 20 years after I saw how far behind estimates they really were...

    whrl.pl/Rc5zI2

    Fingers crossed we get something in a reasonable timeframe. I'll take FTTN at this point in time, I don't mind paying a couple of K if 25mbps turns out to be insufficient for my needs (given 4mbps is currently painfully sufficient, I don't see it being a problem)

  • 2013-Dec-21, 12:54 pm
    Craig00

    There's definitely work going on. NBN crew arrived today to install me, there's a hopefully minor problem with the conduit @ the pit. According to the installer, minor problems like this are fixed pretty quickly.

    Evidently they're doing a lot of installs in this part of Vincent.

  • 2013-Dec-23, 12:14 pm
    h33

    Im at a MDU in North Ward, speaking the resident manager, it appears the NBN team were looking at where they can dig the pits, and we should get access to the NBN from mid January 2014

    Hope it's true :D What's the recommended ISP in Townsville?

  • 2013-Dec-23, 12:14 pm
    adamo sanchez

    node

  • 2013-Dec-23, 1:49 pm
    h323tech

    h33 writes...

    What's the recommended ISP in Townsville?

    I'm with iiNet and I can't fault them. Quite a few people around here with Skymesh.

  • 2013-Dec-23, 1:49 pm
    Xserve2

    SkyMesh is the go for quiet a few customers here in Townsville � Great prices, Excellent service

  • 2013-Dec-23, 7:19 pm
    Arto

    All of the barricades around pits in Hivers Street, Vincent have been removed and a metre-high beige cabinet is now on the corner where the bundle of cables was sitting for the last few months. Last week they set up a canvas shelter there and there was a Thiess van just up the street. Connections musn't be too far off.

  • 2013-Dec-23, 7:19 pm
    Xserve2

    Merry Christmas to all the followers of the Townsville thread,
    and a Happy New Year, with many new connections :)

    Looking for more good news after the holiday break

  • 2013-Dec-23, 9:00 pm
    trevor1

    i dont know if this is the right part of the forum to use ....i am on the iinet nbn plan 100/40 i use a program called newsleacher to download linx iso and i have been getting speeds of only 2 to 3 mbps. When i do a speed test at http://www.speedtest.net/ within australia i am getting 82 mbps down and 20 mbps up and when i do a speed test outside of australia i get 13 mbps download speed and 5 mbps up. Is any one else having problems with downloads from over seas (i use iinets modem i have replaced the nic and a new cable ).. is there a way to do speed tests with other isp's

  • 2013-Dec-23, 9:00 pm
    71meh

    that is perfectly normal, do a speedtest to brisbane server and if your getting 82/20 that is great, over seas will always be slower, you just have to deal with it.

  • 2013-Dec-24, 9:41 am
    71meh

    Has IInet become available anywhere else in Townsville outside 4GUL-01 yet?

    who is everyone using in all other areas of Townsville?

  • 2013-Dec-24, 9:41 am
    trevor1

    i live in gulliver and iinet has been here awhile now

  • 2013-Dec-24, 11:10 am
    h323tech

    71meh writes...

    Has IInet become available anywhere else in Townsville outside 4GUL-01 yet?

    I'm in Cranbrook and I'm with iiNet.

  • 2013-Dec-24, 11:10 am
    h323tech

    trevor1 writes...

    ..i am on the iinet nbn plan 100/40 i use a program called newsleacher to download linx iso and i have been getting speeds of only 2 to 3 mbps

    I'm with iiNet as well and getting around 11MBps (88Mbps) from Astraweb using SABnzbd, it's a tad slower from TweakNews, but not much � so no complaints from me. :) I'm using an Asus RT-AC66U router.

  • 2013-Dec-24, 1:33 pm
    greazzy

    lubmiflog writes...

    given 4mbps is currently painfully sufficient

    insufficient :( from 300m from exchange and 21/2 to 5km and 4/0.5 glad im booked for nbn appointment soon.

  • 2013-Dec-24, 1:33 pm
    Fernando

    +Fu$iOn+ writes...

    pcd is the small junction box they install on the side of your house or appartment its where the fibre conencts to the inside ntd unit :)

    Yes. I do have that outside my house.

    NBN speeds still around 11-12mb/s.

    Meh... I have "fast" enough NBN and it never drops out, and solid.

    Happy chappy here in Pimlico.

  • adamo sanchez

    Wonder if backhaul links to Brisbane are sufficent to cater for the mass boost in downloads?

  • davidhes

    Holding out hope that the rest of Townsville that was in the 1 year maps will still get fiber... Not sure how likely that is though. I think "construction" was originally meant to start in Garbutt in Feb 14. Obviously that's not going to happen but if I get fiber sometime in the next 2 years I'll be happy. Who knows though... Until then I'll go back to using my 7-10Mbps connection depending on the day of the week and that drops out every time it rains :(

  • 2014-Mar-21, 10:43 pm
    Xserve2

    Zmega writes...

    - Can anyone recommend for or against SkyMesh or Westnet??

    You won't find any better than SkyMesh � They would be one of the most recommended RSPs on Whirlpool. I have assisted in a number of installs and all are 100% with no down time or slowdowns.

  • 2014-Mar-21, 10:43 pm
    h323tech

    Xserve2 writes...

    You won't find any better than SkyMesh

    Bit surprising if they can service that area as I was told by them on March 4th that they could not service my area, 4GUL5-04, due to not having been able to resolve the backhaul provider issue between Townsville and Brisbane.

  • 2014-Mar-22, 8:03 am
    Observator

    Xserve2 writes...

    You won't find any better than SkyMesh

    I'm having the same problem in 4GUL05-08 � I really want to go with Skymesh but they are not covering this area. Westnet is my Plan B but I'm prepared to hang on with Billpond ADSL for a few more months in case Skymesh eventually come on board.

  • 2014-Mar-22, 8:03 am
    Zmega

    Just had an email from Paul at SkyMesh stating they can't service my area of Townsville yet.

    Anyone got a UNI-V phone service in Townsville??? If so, who with??

  • 2014-Mar-22, 9:49 am
    h323tech

    Observator writes...

    I'm prepared to hang on with Billpond ADSL for a few more months

    Just be aware copper based services will be withdrawn end of May this year in NBN ready areas here in Townsville (and others).
    http://www.nbnco.com.au/get-an-nbn-connection/home-and-business/nbn-services/switch-off.html

  • 2014-Mar-22, 9:49 am
    GetR3ktM8

    Zmega writes...

    Just had an email from Paul at SkyMesh stating they can't service my area of Townsville yet.

    Anyone got a UNI-V phone service in Townsville??? If so, who with??

    you may need to go with telstra

  • 2014-Mar-22, 10:18 am
    h323tech

    Observator writes...

    I'm having the same problem in 4GUL05-08 � I really want to go with Skymesh but they are not covering this area.

    They're not covering Townsville � period.
    The only ones who were lucky enough to get Skymesh here are the users in the original NBN trial areas as NBNCo paid for(?) (subsidises?) the backhaul to Brisbane for those users.

    Once the trial period ended they, and the rest apart from Telstra etc, had to find a backhaul provider. Telstra is incredibly expensive, and Optus ain't that far behind. Not sure how Nextgen stacks up price-wise, but they won't be cheap either.

    I've seen a helluva slowdown in my 100/40 iiNet service in the late afternoons and evening during the last couple of months � they insist there is no congestion and keep on referring to the CVC, however, adjusting the CVC only impacts on the traffic in the local area, it does nothing to alleviate issues caused by lack of backhaul capacity. :(

    It's a damn shame NBNCo was not allowed to build their own backhaul at the start of the roll-out, but I understand Telstra, Nextgen, and possibly others, protested rather loudly when this was suggested, arguing it would kill their (highly profitable) backhaul business.

  • 2014-Mar-22, 10:18 am
    Observator

    h323tech writes...

    Just be aware copper based services will be withdrawn end of May this year in NBN ready areas here in Townsville (and others).

    The NBN went live in my area last November and May 2015 has been quoted as my copper cut-off date. Given what's been written above about Skymesh's backhaul issues, I'll probably jump to my Plan B Westnet sooner rather than later.

  • 2014-Mar-22, 10:53 am
    h323tech

    Observator writes...

    The NBN went live in my area last November and May 2015 has been quoted as my copper cut-off date.

    Yes, of course, you're right � it's 18 months after a particular area goes live when the copper is pulled.

  • 2014-Mar-22, 10:53 am
    noobeo

    The exterior installation was completed end of last July. It's been a saga since with a cabling issue in my area that caused postponements until early/mid this month. But that appointment too was postponed to 17/04/2014 because the NBN internal installers were too busy. Hopefully, the next NBN appointment will be met and the Telstra completion effected on 22/04/2014.

  • 2014-Mar-22, 11:05 am
    davidhes

    Zmega writes...

    - Can anyone recommend for or against SkyMesh or Westnet??

    Sky mesh are truly outstanding. Just got a friend signed up to them. Sky mesh offered a 3 month trial for free! Included in the trial is 100/40 speeds, 200gb peak and 200gb off peak data, $100 of VoIP credit and a free Cisco wifi modem/router to borrow. At the end of the 3 months she can cancel for no cost or sign up to a plan and continue to borrow the router until she wants to cancel or buy it off sky mesh.

    My friend is located in north shore and receiving 90/30 over wifi at peak times. Pretty impressive.

  • 2014-Mar-22, 11:05 am
    davidhes

    h323tech writes...

    They're not covering Townsville � period.
    The only ones who were lucky enough to get Skymesh here are the users in the original NBN trial areas as NBNCo paid for(?) (subsidises?) the backhaul to Brisbane for those users.

    Incorrect. Literally signed up my friend 2 weeks ago and received the modem yesterday. As my post above this says, she is located in north shore and was offered a free 3 month trial.

  • Paul Rees

    davidhes writes...

    Sky mesh are truly outstanding.

    Hi davidhes,

    Thanks for that.

    Sky mesh offered a 3 month trial for free!

    It's actually a 60-day free trial, but everything else you posted was spot on.

    Thanks, Paul

  • h323tech

    davidhes writes...

    Incorrect. Literally signed up my friend 2 weeks ago and received the modem yesterday

    In that case they might have been able to get the backhaul issue sorted as they told me on March 4th that they could not connect me due to not being able to provide backhaul from Townsville to Brisbane and that they were back to "square one". Would be nice if one of the Skymesh reps could clarify what's going on as far as that goes.

  • 2014-Mar-22, 12:21 pm
    Paul Rees

    h323tech writes...

    They're not covering Townsville � period.

    Hi h323tech,

    We do actually provide services in some parts of Townsville.

    The only ones who were lucky enough to get Skymesh here are the users in the original NBN trial areas as NBNCo paid for(?) (subsidises?) the backhaul to Brisbane for those users.

    That's almost spot on. We are at NBN's Temporary POI for Townsville, but we're not at the permanent POI at this stage.

    Thanks, Paul

  • 2014-Mar-22, 12:21 pm
    Paul Rees

    h323tech writes...

    Would be nice if one of the Skymesh reps could clarify what's going on as far as that goes.

    Hi h323tech,

    Hopefully I have done that now. I suspect that davidhes's friend just happens to be in an area that's serviced by the Temporary POI in Townsville.

    Thanks, Paul

  • 2014-Mar-22, 12:28 pm
    h323tech
    this post was edited

    Paul Rees writes...

    Hopefully I have done that now.

    Thanks Paul, you have � that explains it.
    Hopefully you'll be able to cover whole of Townsville NBN roll-out area in the not too distant future and not just a bit here and a bit there � which is a bit confusing.

  • 2014-Mar-22, 12:28 pm
    davidhes

    Paul Rees writes...

    It's actually a 60-day free trial, but everything else you posted was spot on.

    My mistake :) I'm incredibly jealous of her. She had no idea she could even get the nbn and now she is enjoying great speeds with sky mesh and will definitely be staying on after the trial. Although she isn't a big user and will likely drop down to a 25mbps plan.

    Also that Cisco router you provide is impressive! Far better wifi range than my billion 7800vdpx and great that you guys send it to the customer all ready to go.

  • 2014-Mar-25, 1:51 am
    Aussie DjK

    It has been 6 weeks since I first signed up for NBN service in my new home at Sanctum. First NBN appointment did not show, and now another 6 weeks until the next appointment (if they show).

    It does not appear to be Exetels fault however, after the no-show I rang a few other providers who advised that the NBNCO tech contractors are booked solid.

    I relocated up too Townsville to look after sick family and work remotely for my office in Central Queensland. No copper wires = no phone or internet until my NBN box gets installed. Wish I had known about the severity of the delays earlier as that information would have impacted my decisions.

  • 2014-Mar-25, 1:51 am
    iceni

    I've always been of the opinion that this wold occur � now it seems to coming true.

    http://tinyurl.com/m3g4v6a

  • 2014-Jul-24, 1:01 pm
    interfreak

    Try putting that link into Google, and do a cached search. Looks like detailed rollout information for 4TNS-06.

  • 2014-Jul-24, 1:01 pm
    davidhes

    interfreak writes...

    Try putting that link into Google, and do a cached search. Looks like detailed rollout information for 4TNS-06.

    Google doesn't bring anything up for it. Put it up on Dropbox for us?

  • 2014-Jul-24, 1:15 pm
    interfreak
  • 2014-Jul-24, 1:15 pm
    Turbo
    this post was edited

    Feldersnatch writes...

    but i believe if you live closer to annandale central you can be placed on a tophat

    there is adsl 2+ equipment in a small telstra building/hut on Weddel drive which seems to service the newer part of annandale. I had a nice speed when living at Boronia Drive. (sync was something like 15,000 to 18,000)

    here is the google maps link:
    https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-19.313028,146.785198,3a,75y,94.85h,93.53t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s7a-ZEoUVEhoGi3eASySmmA!2e0!6m1!1e1

    prior however, i used to live in Honeysuckle Dr , and the connection was f/shite. It is in the older part of Annandale... so is that part connected directly to Gulliver? Never seen any Rims around the place?

  • 2014-Jul-24, 1:21 pm
    Turbo

    nthqld adsl2 user writes...

    Meh... Annandale is full of crusty old people :)

    +1 !!

  • 2014-Jul-24, 1:21 pm
    GetR3ktM8
    this post was edited

    Working nbn service for 3 weeks then today I notice a random contractor screwing around at the ctl box downstairs splicing something .. Fixing something i believe needed to be fixed due to when they installed my apartments cabling they had me and another unit number spliced wrong so he must have been fixing that..... Didn't really fix it just F%& it and then
    Off into the sunset he drove :-/ already got my rsp onto it lol and not even Adsl to fall back on haha ahh well lol

  • interfreak

    scrw?

  • nthqld adsl2 user

    Feldersnatch writes...

    Didn't really fix it just F%& it and then

    Well that's a bitch... Keep us updated how long it take to get fixed, I am interested in the turn around times for such an occurrence.

  • 2014-Jul-24, 8:38 pm
    Observator

    Happily hooked up with iiNet in Cranbrook 4GUL-05-08 with satisfactory speeds, Fibre-phone on my old Telstra number for me and Netphone for mate in the granny-flat downstairs. Now I need to hook the house phone outlets (previous owners put 7 in) to the UNI-V port on the connection box. Can anyone put me in touch with a suitably qualified cabler to do this? Send me a whim if you want to keep it private. Cheers.

  • 2014-Jul-24, 8:38 pm
    GetR3ktM8

    still offline here *Red Optical*

    its a shame that you are at the mercury of nbn to get services connected... and then when nbn co are incompetent and break your shit leaving you with nothing that you are then at there mercy to fix it while your RSP sits in the middle of it all

    have busted out the old 3g+ vodafone stick and loaded 3gb onto it... how much it has changed .. pings are around 56ms and download is about 6mbps... i remember when you would never get anywhere near that with vodafone and especially a ping as low as that with HSDPA

  • Arto

    Good news for businesses in the Willows � there is a barricaded double pit in Carthew Street behind the shopping centre and inside the barricade are 2 stacks of green fibre optic cable with the end leading into one of the pits.

  • ShortyM

    Saw some rope being pulled into a pit across the road from the Mount Louisa shops. Soccer field side.

  • 2014-Jul-25, 1:30 pm
    interfreak

    Seems that there has been a pretty big up kick in activity across most of the city then!

    Work continues in Belgian Gardens/West End. Saw some pit digging/pipe laying going further along Primrose Street, they should reach rose Street by the end of tomorrow by the looks of things:

    Primrose Street, opposite the shops:

    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/10380403_521563941323359_6464406991852442407_o.jpg

    https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10517419_521563947990025_4837383610056277898_o.jpg

    Heading back along Primrose Street towards Cape Pallarenda Road:

    https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10551714_521563927990027_6874953183258687802_o.jpg

    Primrose Street, just before it turns into Hooper Street:

    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/905853_521563961323357_5280377116871719208_o.jpg

    I'm not an expert on the roll out by any stretch of the imagination, but it seems to me that the link from Harold Street in West End, to Rose Street in North Ward is the 'back bone' to the rollout in Belgian Gardens.

    Here's an updated map of the work I've seen, the green line is where I think this 'back bone' is (red is observed work, orange is where I think the roll out will go):

    https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10373074_521568084656278_7768658387746296486_o.jpg

  • 2014-Jul-25, 1:30 pm
    ac124

    interfreak writes...

    I feel your pain � I've hit the ADSL trifecta at home!

    1)Pair gain
    2)RIM
    3)Over capacity exchange

    = barely 3Mb/s connection...

    Exactly my situation too in Belgian Gardens � which is why I am overjoyed to see this new work underway in our area. Roll on the roll out.

  • 2014-Jul-25, 1:43 pm
    Matt_Q

    Branding by Air partners with Exetel for Australia�s �largest ever aerial brand campaign'

    Taking in locations across NSW, Queensland, South Australia and Victoria, the campaign has been created to promote Exetel�s NBN broadband plans.

    In each location, Branding by Air will fly a 1000sqm banner across regional and metropolitan locations in coordination with the NBN switch on. The high-impact campaign aims to create large-scale awareness for Exetel, particularly in rural locations where it is traditionally difficult to target large audiences.

    Running throughout July and August, the campaign will reach, Sydney, Toowoomba, Brisbane, Mackay, Townsville, Coffs Harbour, Tamworth, Armidale, Canberra and Kiama.

    http://mumbrella.com.au/branding-air-partners-exetel-australias-largest-ever-aerial-brand-campaign-240959

  • 2014-Jul-25, 1:43 pm
    Jordee

    Lots of work happening around Thuringowa Central. Saw on the news that Condon is next. Does anyone have any more info on this?

    I see the ditch witches and new pit work happening on the other side of herveys range road outside Sunland plaza. Also some new conduits and pit work going on outside the Condon power substation but was unsure if this was power related or not.

    Who's in the know on here?

  • 2014-Jul-25, 8:45 pm
    GetR3ktM8

    Matt_Q writes...

    Branding by Air partners with Exetel for Australia�s �largest ever aerial brand campaign'

    yeah seen that banner in the air the other day.... to bad exetel are useless pricks who from what i can see on their forum about 90% of there users wait months and months before they even get an install date

  • 2014-Jul-25, 8:45 pm
    interfreak

    Jordee writes...

    Lots of work happening around Thuringowa Central. Saw on the news that Condon is next. Does anyone have any more info on this?

    There are currently no 'official' fibre plans for Condon that I can see, however (as I mentioned earlier), this is what appears on the map just to the South of Condon:

    https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10537169_518805758265844_2603019596220543048_n.jpg

    I reckon it's pretty likely that at least some of Kelso/Condon will be covered by this tower, it would be odd to have it so close yet no-one in the immediate area be able to use it.

    You could fire a quick email off to NBNCo to see if they can give you some info?

  • Jordee

    I don't think it'll be wireless unless it's a trial of some sort.

    NBNCo seem to only roll wireless into sparsely populated areas which they have deemed not to be worth covering with fibre. This could be perhaps for areas out the back of Kelso etc.

    If you look at coverage maps, even of Ayr � the wireless coverage covers the areas around the town, but not the town itself.

    I also have my doubt as to the viability of putting that many customers on Wireless. I don't think it would work.

    However � I have been wrong before. It could be a trial of some sort. Perhaps I may become a guinea pig!

  • ShortyM

    Finally saw some crews pulling ropes in.

    Saw them on Banfield Drive as I was riding home. Stopped and had a quick chat to them. They said it should all be up and running in about 8 months. So all over old Mt Louisa off Banfield drive and all up the newer parts up Bayswater Rd.

    Must. Resist. Excitement.

  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét