Thứ Sáu, 30 tháng 9, 2016

Mandurah WA NBN Rollout part 7

  • 2016-Mar-3, 5:31 am
    Wez55

    :( I have to wait for NBN Co to install the NTD in the house, was giving like 2 weeks :(. Telstra can not book any apt till this is installed inside the house.

  • 2016-Mar-3, 5:31 am
    bla74

    For any others awaiting website updates, I'd recommend calling your ISP if you're still waiting.

    I was just able to book an appointment for next week, as they checked my address on the NBN portal and were able to get a Location ID (which seems to be key to getting the appointment booked) even though my address does not show as RFS on the main NBN site.

  • 2016-Mar-3, 2:27 pm
    Bad News Bear
    this post was edited

    bobthebigbat writes...

    So, is there anyone in Mandurah and/or on the Pinjarra POI that has reasonable NBN Fibre peek speeds. If so, which provider, roughly what speeds do you get and from which speed tier.
    While I'm taking recommendations, can anyone suggest ISPs that have good national and international routing paths out of Perth and don't send all traffic via the East Coast first.

    Internode's still very solid, but there is a question mark over how much longer it'll have its own CVC bandwidth pool � the common assumption is that, at some point, TPG is going to kill off the iiNet and Internode CVCs in favour of one giant one for all TPG providers, and TPG being, well, TPG, it's further assumed that such a move would be more negative than positive.

    Definitely "So far, so good", though, the relatively brief October iiNet-wide outage aside.

  • 2016-Mar-3, 2:27 pm
    Daniel:)

    well that's rather annoying apparently our booking was "glitched" and didn't go through to nbn so I waited from 8am-12pm and it wasn't even booked. >.<

  • Shayne1973

    Hi,

    NBN installed yesterday, where I wanted it, which was a concern. All went smoothly until NBN guy just left without knowing how to hookup my equipment or what happens next. I left a call back with Skymesh but had it sorted myself before they rang back. Luckily Skymesh provided, what turned out to be correct credentials, the same as hose I was using to access online settings. I also was advised as to which port was active. So I connected things up as I thought, configured the login details in my Draytek router, using default settings elsewhere & now I'm getting constant 90+/30+ speeds in Mariners Cove.

    Cheers,
    Shayne

  • Ballterror

    Had mine installed yesterday morning in Placid Waters, only took just over an hour. Rang Internode and was connected almost straight away. Connection is running to the max on 100/40, happy so far.

  • 2016-Mar-9, 3:41 pm
    zebO

    Most definitely over the service provided by iinet. These international speeds are making me want to puke.

  • 2016-Mar-9, 3:41 pm
    Warooda

    Drove past the tower in StakeHill Yesturday to see NBN & Ericcson? vehicles parked around the tower and people doing work.

    I just wish they would hurry up and update the maps.

  • 2016-Mar-10, 10:33 am
    Tomwh

    Connected 6 days ago on 100/40 plan in Dudley Park. Downloads are only getting 150~kB/s on steam/torrent/origin but full sync on online speed testers.

    Have lodged a complaint with iiNet � told backhaul was at capacity, getting ran through all the trouble shooting stuff and they are 'escalating internally'.. why did they not advise customers that the backhaul was congested before signing up?

    zzzz

  • 2016-Mar-10, 10:33 am
    cowthespud

    Tomwh writes...

    why did they not advise customers that the backhaul was congested before signing up?

    money

  • 2016-Mar-10, 3:16 pm
    Daniel:)

    I ordered NBN with Telstra on the 02/03 and still waiting to get connected, apparently there was a "glitch" when Telstra tried booking an appointment with NBN. I was told on Friday to wait 2-3 days and they'll call back, not holding my breath to be honest. Pissed off.

  • 2016-Mar-10, 3:16 pm
    crimsondawn

    Never wait for a call back. It doesn't happen.

  • 2016-Mar-16, 11:36 pm
    Bad News Bear
    this post was edited

    Tomwh writes...

    Connected 6 days ago on 100/40 plan in Dudley Park. Downloads are only getting 150~kB/s on steam/torrent/origin but full sync on online speed testers.

    Have lodged a complaint with iiNet � told backhaul was at capacity, getting ran through all the trouble shooting stuff and they are 'escalating internally'.. why did they not advise customers that the backhaul was congested before signing up?

    zzzz

    I'm beginning to think 100Mb/40Mb iiNet connections will never be viable on the Pinjarra POI; it's been a mess since Netflix launched a year ago. I'd switch to either Internode (which has its own separate CVC bandwidth pool) or Telstra.

    Edit: This congestion-related fault is three months old now.

  • 2016-Mar-16, 11:36 pm
    crimsondawn

    How viable is internode given the TPG buyout?

  • 2016-Mar-17, 10:54 am
    Bad News Bear
    this post was edited

    crimsondawn writes...

    How viable is internode given the TPG buyout?

    I'd say Internode's safe. Even if TPG does eventually kill off the Internode CVC and bring everything under one giant TPG CVC (which strikes me as less likely the more CVC costs drop), and this adversely impacts service quality to the extent that you're routinely experiencing speeds closer to 50Mb/20Mb or worse, you could use that to get out of contract (if you opted for one). I actually wouldn't be surprised if the intention is to announce a switch to a single TPG CVC ahead of time and give existing customers the option of exiting free of charge, simply to avoid a potentially messier exodus at a later date.

  • 2016-Mar-17, 10:54 am
    crimsondawn

    Worth jumping from Westnet to Internode?

  • 2016-Mar-17, 3:39 pm
    Bad News Bear

    crimsondawn writes...

    Worth jumping from Westnet to Internode?

    I'd say so. Here's another speed test that I ran just now.

    Edit: Bear in mind that, like iiNet, Internode's current plans no longer have quota-free content.

  • 2016-Mar-17, 3:39 pm
    crimsondawn
  • 2016-Mar-17, 4:04 pm
    Quazbut

    crimsondawn writes...

    Monday evening 8.20PM.

    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5185579856

    What do you get from all the other Perth servers?

  • 2016-Mar-17, 4:04 pm
    crimsondawn

    Will try again tonight and see. Pretty crappy going from 95 to 12.
    4.20 this morning; http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5186811837

  • 2016-Mar-22, 10:13 pm
    crimsondawn

    Depending on the server I choose, Vodafone server I was getting 20 down, 24 up.
    Internode 93 down, 36 up.
    Telstra 91 down, 35 up.
    'Preferred' server was 82 down. 33 up.

    8.10pm.

  • 2016-Mar-22, 10:13 pm
    Quazbut

    Yeah that's what I thought would happen. The preferred server is based on ping, which doesn't have much to do with the network sustained data transfer capability. I get a huge variation in download speed from various servers, with the fastest ping rarely giving the best download speed. 4ms from Internode and 55 from Telstra, with Telstra giving faster data speeds both ways.

    You can get a better idea of what you can get by selecting the company with the best local result then try their servers in other states. Right now with speedtest.net I get 88 down from Telstra Perth, 84 from Adelaide, 79 from Melbourne, and 67 from Brisbane. Fairly consistent 28-30 up.

    A multi thread download from Youtube is averaging 10MB/s. 2GB in under 4 minutes. I'm quite happy with that for peak time.

  • 2016-Mar-22, 11:34 pm
    bindi

    Just had the line tester here in Halls Head-near McLarty Rd, he says my connection goes to Mandurah then to Midland?, thought we were all on the Pinjarra poi, anyone else been told this?

  • 2016-Mar-22, 11:34 pm
    crimsondawn

    Considering now jumping to Skymesh. Good/bad? Sort of getting tired of Westnet's service. I have been getting duplicate emails since jumping to NBN and it's taken them since November to sort it.
    Apparently I also have used 3 of my 21 free email accounts when I am only supposed to have 10.
    They were charging me for the 3rd one for the first couple of bills.
    When I log in with my new NBN account name I cannot see my full dashboard. I have to log in using my old account name.

  • 2016-Apr-1, 12:13 pm
    epedizzle

    So I have to now jump ship from Internode as the peak speeds are slowing down to ~20mb/s and lower in the evenings.
    Just had to bail IINet 12months ago for same reasons, Now looks like internode is overloaded too.

    Why is it so hard to get relaible performance on NBN?

  • 2016-Apr-1, 12:13 pm
    cowthespud

    epedizzle writes...

    jump ship from Internode

    to who?

  • 2016-Apr-4, 7:46 pm
    cowthespud

    crimsondawn writes...

    Considering now jumping to Skymesh. Good/bad?

    no major concerns with SkyMesh from me

  • 2016-Apr-4, 7:46 pm
    bobthebigbat

    So this doesn't kick in for a couple of months https://delimiter.com.au/2016/04/05/nbn-finally-overhauls-damaged-cvc-pricing-model/ and RSPs will take even longer to consider buying more, but maybe this will slowly easy the Mandurah congestion issues. I can finally order a service, but I get 16 mbps on ADSL 2+ (even in most peek periods), so I'm tempted to wait a few months more.

  • 2016-Apr-5, 9:01 am
    epedizzle

    cowthespud writes...

    to who?

    yeah who do I try now, skymesh or Telstra I guess

  • 2016-Apr-5, 9:01 am
    cowthespud

    epedizzle writes...

    yeah who do I try now, skymesh or Telstra I guess

    https://www.belong.com.au/nbn

    anyone looked into Belong? They're backed by Telstra but not sure how they fair with speeds etc

  • 2016-Apr-5, 10:05 am
    Daniel:)

    I'm still not connection.. signed up with Telstra on 02/03 and they keep messing up the appointments, apparently a "glitch" in the system.

  • 2016-Apr-5, 10:05 am
    Keryn

    How are your speeds with Telstra, Daniel?
    I need to change provider and want to be able to get the speed that I pay for.

    I have had the 100/40 with iinet for over two years and they used to be fantastic. Unfortunately my download speeds are now less than dial-up, which is pretty pathetic (yesterday was 338 bytes per second). All I get from iinet is that they are aware of the problem, have been since December and hope to fix it by the end of April.

  • 2016-Apr-5, 10:05 am
    jaxx10

    For residents of Stake Hill, Parklands and Lakelands:

    NBN MEETING being held at the Pinjarra Bowling & Recreation Club on Dixon Avenue in Pinjarra on Thursday, 14th April between 11.30am & 1pm. You have to RSVP to and you can direct your enquiries to that email address too. The Minister for Communications (Mitch Fifield) will be there too to answer our questions.

  • 2016-Apr-5, 10:05 am
    Bad News Bear
    this post was edited

    epedizzle writes...

    So I have to now jump ship from Internode as the peak speeds are slowing down to ~20mb/s and lower in the evenings.

    Yeah, I've noticed that Internode's peak time speeds dropped off a cliff recently. I suspect TPG killed off Internode's CVC pool and possibly also iiNet's given NBN Co will be abolishing the "one size fits all" CVC charge in favour of a tiered system in just a couple of months. I'd like to be optimistic, but, hey, we're talking about TPG here.

    Telstra's the only reliable option at this juncture, but its 1000GB plan with a 100Mbps/40Mbs "speed boost pack" is an extra $30pm ($145pm in total), which is a bit rich for my blood, plus I'd have to wave goodbye to free Usenet.

  • 2016-Apr-5, 10:12 am
    EddieV

    I'm looking at Telstra as well but waiting on peoples feedback about that mob called Belong who are on Telstra's network to see how decent it is.

  • 2016-Apr-5, 10:12 am
    Daniel:)

    EddieV writes...

    I'm looking at Telstra as well but waiting on peoples feedback

    I had to switch to skymesh, signed up with telstra on 02/03 and had 2 appointments "booked" but glitched still not connected. Skymesh booked an appointment the day after my order went through and I've got a install date of 18/04. :)

  • 2016-Apr-5, 11:00 am
    kyzer

    jaxx10 writes...

    For residents of Stake Hill, Parklands and Lakelands

    how did the meeting go? is there a result? only just saw your post.

  • 2016-Apr-5, 11:00 am
    whoanellie

    I just walked out the front door and there were 2 NBN chappies pulling FIBRE through to the house.

    Apparently we are getting Fibre to the House, not Fibre to the Node.

    Cool.

    (Halls Head, near the bridge to Aztec Island.)

  • 2016-Apr-5, 11:43 am
    MatMuzza

    Yep, looks like your getting fibre:
    http://www.finder.com.au/nbn-tracker/sam/6MDR-10

  • 2016-Apr-5, 11:43 am
    bindi

    whoanellie writes...

    Apparently we are getting Fibre to the House, not Fibre to the Node.

    Cool.

    (Halls Head, near the bridge to Aztec Island.)

    I'm now connected by fttp.-apparently-haven't been informed by nbn tho but by tpg letter (with Internode presently)-went to nbn site-yep now available
    (Halls Head just up off McLarty Rd. near park)

  • 2016-May-18, 5:46 pm
    Warooda

    So I looked up the tower that is supposed to be getting NBN has now got NBN assignments on the AMCA website!!

    Still nothing on the NBN website for coverage or ETA.

    Anyone want to guess how long until they are live?

    Site ID 9009739
    Location STAKE HILL WA 6210

  • 2016-May-18, 5:46 pm
    bruce67
    O.P.

    Yep Halls Head (MDR09) is live only MDR10 to go and FTTN for the rest of us :(

  • 2016-May-18, 8:39 pm
    Bad News Bear

    Warooda writes...

    So I looked up the tower that is supposed to be getting NBN has now got NBN assignments on the AMCA website!!

    Still nothing on the NBN website for coverage or ETA.

    Anyone want to guess how long until they are live?

    Site ID 9009739
    Location STAKE HILL WA 6210

    Ah, nice. I was at a mate's place in Stake Hill last week and he asked if he was scheduled to get the NBN any time soon, but there was no mention of Stake Hill on the three-year plan. Once construction begins, the tower should be live no more than a few months later, which bodes well for the area being RFS before the end of the year. He'll be a happy chappy.

  • 2016-May-18, 8:39 pm
    Warooda

    Bad News Bear writes...

    He'll be a happy chappy.

    With 520 homes planned on being connected to the tower I hope so too.

    It appears that the new area of Lakelands on the other side of the train line, Dwellingup, Parklands, Pinjarra East are to be connected to the Stakehill tower. A very large area..

  • trash-talker

    Has anyone seen any movement for 6HER ?

  • Justiinnn

    Any news for 6MDR-10? Finder.com.au saying ~27th May as RFS date but doesn't appear to be the case as of yet.

  • 2016-May-23, 12:11 pm
    Bad News Bear
    this post was edited

    Justiinnn writes...

    Any news for 6MDR-10? Finder.com.au saying ~27th May as RFS date but doesn't appear to be the case as of yet.

    Telstra Wholesale's rollout schedule, last updated on the 26th, still lists the 27th as the expected Ready for Service date. Have you tried ordering a service over the phone? A sales rep should be able to query NBN Co's RFS database directly.

    Warooda writes...

    With 520 homes planned on being connected to the tower I hope so too.

    It appears that the new area of Lakelands on the other side of the train line, Dwellingup, Parklands, Pinjarra East are to be connected to the Stakehill tower. A very large area..

    I'd say he has nothing to worry about: I put his address and the address of the build site into Google Maps and the two are roughly 1.9KM apart by road. Obviously roads aren't a concern with fixed wireless, so the relevant distance would be smaller still.

  • 2016-May-23, 12:11 pm
    Warooda

    Bad News Bear writes...

    I'd say he has nothing to worry about:

    My concern is how many people they will try and jam onto this tower.

    I have a lot of big trees between myself and the tower. I hope i won't need to install a tower on the roof.

  • 2016-May-26, 8:16 pm
    Bad News Bear

    Warooda writes...

    My concern is how many people they will try and jam onto this tower.

    I have a lot of big trees between myself and the tower. I hope i won't need to install a tower on the roof.

    Well, the wireless tower in Bridgetown covers north of 1,100 premises. That's almost twice the footprint. I assumed there'd be multiple towers involved, but there's just one on MyNBN's map.

  • 2016-May-26, 8:16 pm
    Warooda

    Bad News Bear writes...

    Bridgetown covers north of 1,100 premises

    Good to know. I'm just a bit paranoid as the rim in our area is very congested at night and really hope that this tower doesn't get congested.

    I've send an email to NBN co to see if I can find out what the ETA is and when they will update the map.

  • Justiinnn

    Bad News Bear writes...

    Telstra Wholesale's rollout schedule, last updated on the 26th, still lists the 27th as the expected Ready for Service date. Have you tried ordering a service over the phone? A sales rep should be able to query NBN Co's RFS database directly.

    Thanks for that, I've given them a call and they've advised that construction is yet to complete � Might of been some issues during construction, which doesn't surprise me :P

  • Justiinnn

    Still waiting for that letter! RFS Date everywhere I can see still says 27th of May, though!

  • Bad News Bear

    Justiinnn writes...

    Still waiting for that letter! RFS Date everywhere I can see still says 27th of May, though!

    It's the 24th of June now. :(

    Rollout Schedule & Disconnection Dates � Telstra Wholesale (09/06/16)

    6MDR-10 Erskine WA Pinjarra CSA 24-Jun-2016

    Hopefully this date sticks as it's only a week-and-a-half away.

  • Justiinnn

    Oh well! A date is better than no date (or a past date) anyway! :)

    Thanks BNB!

  • 2016-May-29, 11:18 pm
    Justiinnn

    Aaaaand... no letter! Probably going to be another push back :)

  • 2016-May-29, 11:18 pm
    Bad News Bear
    this post was edited

    Justiinnn writes...

    Aaaaand... no letter! Probably going to be another push back :)

    Telstra Wholesale's Ready for Service schedule was updated today and says 6MDR-10 is now RFS.

    Edit: As do MyNBN and Telstra's service checker. It's definitely live. Huzzah.

  • trash-talker

    6-HER expected build commence date slips unsurprisingly into history. Seems like NBN was built (or not) to disappoint. Insert unhappy face here.

  • Justiinnn

    What a joke.

    I called iiNet and they've told me that my premises is still not 'live' and "Service Class 10" how the flap does that work? I thought it was supposed to be FTTP? :(

  • 2016-May-30, 11:26 am
    Justiinnn

    Justiinnn writes...

    at a joke.

    I called iiNet and they've told me that my premises is still not 'live' and "Service Class 10" how the flap does that work? I thought it was supposed to be FTTP? :(

    Ah � Possibly there's an issue at our apartment block? If I put in the next door neighbor it says Ready for Service on iiNet's website, but my apartment block (nextdoor) says not ready.. strange?

  • 2016-May-30, 11:26 am
    Bad News Bear

    Justiinnn writes...

    Ah � Possibly there's an issue at our apartment block? If I put in the next door neighbor it says Ready for Service on iiNet's website, but my apartment block (nextdoor) says not ready.. strange?

    Sadly, NBN Co has always had trouble with MDUs. You may find yourself waiting months before you can finally order a service. Ring up NBN Co to see what the go is and keep bugging them about it.

  • 2016-Jul-15, 8:05 pm
    bruce67
    O.P.

    Seems the next section of Halls Head has gone into "build commenced" Probably HER1? suspected technology FTTN.

  • 2016-Jul-15, 8:05 pm
    Justiinnn

    Hmph, seems like NBNCo are confused with our address, we've already had reps come out and tell us it's good to go, but yet when I call them they say there's a problem � so does my ISP.

    I'm confused on who to listen to because everyone is telling me a different story, it's god awful.

  • 2016-Jul-20, 1:22 pm
    Warooda

    NBNco have now got license's for the tower in Parklands.

    Still no updates on the Map for either the Stakehill/Lakelands tower or the Parklands tower.

    http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/site_search.site_lookup?pSITE_ID=10000279

    http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/site_search.site_lookup?pSITE_ID=9009739

    Hopefully they are still on track for January go live.

  • 2016-Jul-20, 1:22 pm
    Maxxy69
    this post was edited

    Gotta laugh, I look up my address on NBN website and it says not ready, my service provider and Telstra are telling me that it is ready to go. When I look at the map it says service available but when I click on the link to check it all out it says sorry but we haven't got to you yet, lol makes me laugh.

  • 2016-Jul-26, 1:06 pm
    Justiinnn

    Sadly, this is not out of the ordinary for NBNCo, apparently.

  • 2016-Jul-26, 1:06 pm
    trash-talker

    6HER seems to be on the move now. Yippee. Out today have seen NBN personnel in Falcon on Pleasant Grove Circle and also in Halls Head. Nice to see some action

  • Justiinnn

    Good to hear, NBN is now available at my place, booked in a technician for Friday 26th August, was hoping sooner but MEH its a date :)

  • Bad News Bear

    Justiinnn writes...

    Good to hear, NBN is now available at my place, booked in a technician for Friday 26th August, was hoping sooner but MEH its a date :)

    Huzzah. That's sooner than I would have guessed given your situation.

  • 2016-Jul-31, 7:15 pm
    Maxxy69

    The tech is booked in for Aug 23rd for my hook up, going to be interesting to see how it all goes. Even purchased a new modem / router for the occasion

  • 2016-Jul-31, 7:15 pm
    trash-talker

    Maxxy69 writes...

    The tech is booked in for Aug 23rd for my hook up, going to be interesting to see how it all goes. Even purchased a new modem / router for the occasion

    So how was it?

  • 2016-Aug-15, 3:21 pm
    Bad News Bear

    trash-talker writes...

    So how was it?

    Well, he hasn't been online since the 23rd, so either very good... or very bad. ;)

  • 2016-Aug-15, 3:21 pm
    Justiinnn

    Tech didn't show to mine.
    Rebooked for the 31st of August.. Hopefully somebody turns up this time.

  • 2016-Aug-16, 5:01 pm
    sTeeL.

    Anyone with Internode in the Mandurah area getting congestion? I'm getting beyond sick of it. I had to leave iiNet due to congestion and if Node has gone the same way, Ill stop paying a premium for a non-premium product.

  • 2016-Aug-16, 5:01 pm
    bobthebigbat

    sTeeL. writes...

    Anyone with Internode in the Mandurah area getting congestion?

    Don't know about Internode, but TPG is terrible ATM. I'm getting about 21mbps from Perth servers, about 3mbps from Sydney, and about 0.7mbps international.
    Mines been like this for weeks (maybe months now � lost track of it). Last week after many calls and emails to TPG, they said there was an issue and NBN should have it resolved by the end of August � I'd be laughing if I didn't want to cry.

  • 2016-Aug-17, 8:53 pm
    Daniel:)

    Justiinnn writes...

    Tech didn't show to mine.
    Rebooked for the 31st of August.. Hopefully somebody turns up this time.

    Is this with Telstra? because we had issues with this also.

  • 2016-Aug-17, 8:53 pm
    Bad News Bear

    sTeeL. writes...

    Anyone with Internode in the Mandurah area getting congestion? I'm getting beyond sick of it. I had to leave iiNet due to congestion and if Node has gone the same way, Ill stop paying a premium for a non-premium product.

    Yeah, I've been getting dips to around 35Mbps during peak times. Also, I'm growing fairly certain that torrents are now throttled.

    Regardless, I'm more or less "stuck" with Internode as the free Astraweb essentially saves me ~$15 per month and I've been rather enjoying my recent switch to unlimited (1.88TB thus far this billing month with 18-and-a-half days to go). Not even TPG offers unlimited 100Mb/40Mb for $74 or less.

  • 2016-Aug-18, 9:57 pm
    Steele1989

    just encase some of you are sick of internode and iinet and others
    Im with skymesh and its great
    Sunday, 28 August 2016 18:11
    Server: Perth
    Down: 94.6 Mbps
    Up: 38.0 Mbps
    Latency: 4 ms
    consistent speeds and im going 100/100 soon will post a speed test when available

  • 2016-Aug-18, 9:57 pm
    Justiinnn

    Daniel:) writes...

    Is this with Telstra? because we had issues with this also.

    Nope, iiNet � and I believe the issue was on NBN's side not the RSP (but I don't know they're both pretty good at playing the blame game.

  • 2016-Aug-25, 3:02 pm
    Justiinnn

    Steele1989 writes...

    just encase some of you are sick of internode and iinet and others
    Im with skymesh and its great

    Can't tell if trying to prove point or rubbing internet speeds in our faces.

  • 2016-Aug-25, 3:02 pm
    sTeeL.

    Bad News Bear writes...

    Regardless, I'm more or less "stuck" with Internode as the free Astraweb essentially saves me ~$15 per month and I've been rather enjoying my recent switch to unlimited (1.88TB thus far this billing month with 18-and-a-half days to go). Not even TPG offers unlimited 100Mb/40Mb for $74 or less.

    Well I must have missed that memo because I think Im paying $115 for 1TB @ 100/40. I also use the Astraweb but Id rather pay for the extra Astraweb sub than have 1/10th my connection speed during peak periods.

  • 2016-Aug-29, 3:43 pm
    cowthespud

    Steele1989 writes...

    just encase some of you are sick of internode and iinet and others
    Im with skymesh and its great

    I was with SkyMesh but have just changed to AussieBroadband

    similar ethos to their service as skymesh � but with much better international speeds

    skymesh has been suffering horribly (last 6-8 months) with slow international speeds (5-20mbps on a 100/40 connection) all the time (i.e. not a peak issue)
    multi thread the connection, or get it from an AU source and its fine
    US slow
    EU/asia even slower

    AussieBB so far seems much much better � 70-90mbps to US servers all the time and no noticeable peak reduction in speed
    plus cheaper than skymesh at $75 for 500gb 100/40 (skymesh was $80 for 120gb plus large chunk of offpeak)

  • 2016-Aug-29, 3:43 pm
    Bad News Bear
    this post was edited

    sTeeL. writes...

    Well I must have missed that memo because I think Im paying $115 for 1TB @ 100/40.

    Yeah, Internode didn't even so much as send out an e-mail. It was just dumb luck on my part as I decided to check the unlimited plans thread in the Internode forum one afternoon in late July and noticed people were discussing the new slate of NBN plans.

  • Tech head

    Maxxy69 writes...

    Gotta laugh, I look up my address on NBN website and it says not ready, my service provider and Telstra are telling me that it is ready to go. When I look at the map it says service available but when I click on the link to check it all out it says sorry but we haven't got to you yet, lol makes me laugh.

    even better, Nollamara WA is not listed on NBN yet and is in MTM 3 year roll-out, however Amnet cannot verify address but list available NBN plans and verifying will be done "afterwards" form has been submitted.

    lol .... Whats the point of a checker if it doesn't work. Although i know this already i'm outside the area, but i do checks like this all the time :)

    It's the only way i find faults.

  • Justiinnn

    It's all been installed now, technician came � Took about 10 minutes and we were off to the races :)

    http://www.speedtest.net/result/5596200135.png

  • Maxxy69
    this post was edited

    Went quite well, only on about 12mbps up during peak times but that's 10 times what I was on before, only took less then half an hour to have the inside box installed and set up (they ran it into the room I wanted instead of going straight through the wall). Would have posted earlier but have been crook. Oh just to say that I am only on the basic package as that's all I need, can't justify paying for premium packages as I just wouldn't use it

  • sTeeL.

    So Internode got back to me stating that they know of no issues on 6PNJ congestion. Anyone who is with Internode in the Mandurah area can you please report to Internode support if you are having issues getting your full speeds.

    Thanks guys.

  • 2016-Sep-1, 3:17 pm
    bindi

    sTeeL. writes...

    So Internode got back to me stating that they know of no issues on 6PNJ congestion. Anyone who is with Internode in the Mandurah area can you please report to Internode support if you are having issues getting your full speeds

    Already have on the 10/8/16, no usable internet for the family at night with speeds down to 960kbps, don't know how they can say there is no congestion when the first tech had a look at the graphs and she told me that 6PNJ was "dangerously congested".
    Nothing has improved since then either.

  • 2016-Sep-1, 3:17 pm
    Hogie

    bindi writes...

    Already have on the 10/8/16, no usable internet for the family at night with speeds down to 960kbps, don't know how they can say there is no congestion when the first tech had a look at the graphs and she told me that 6PNJ was "dangerously congested".
    Nothing has improved since then either.

    After placing an order with Internode on Friday I read about the congestion on 6PNJ. I caled support yesterday to enquire about the problem and explained that I had just placed an order but had reservations about proceeding if the congestion was going to be ongoing and requested a date for extra CVC capacity to be added. The Internode tech support rep said that he would source the information from a senior and get back to me. When he called back about an hour later the tech told me infaticly that there was no congestion at 6PNJ and subsequently no extra back haul was going to be added.

    So if you are having issues with congestion with Internode I suggest that you raise another support ticket as the company does not appear to be aware of the issue or doing anything about it.

  • bindi
    this post was edited

    Oh yes they are, I still have an open ticket, btw-here's some of tonights results--

    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5606926664

    http://speedof.me/show.php?img=160905121731-7568.png

    http://testmy.net/db/VZImlQoOP

    Spin my friend, so what are your real world speeds right now?, maybe the above is why I cannot use my connection for other than simple browsing right now

  • Hogie

    Hi Bindi,

    Those speeds look pretty horrendus. I'm not on NBN as yet so I don;t have anything to report, but i'm guessing that until the congestion is resolved.

    Lets hope that there is some action behind the scenes of the spin being presented to the customers.

  • 2016-Sep-5, 10:34 am
    sTeeL.

    I took regular speed tests all day showing considerable degradation from 7pm to 8pm. Wasnt even hitting 100 duri5nf the day either.

    I submitted my excel sheet to support. If they cabt identify congestion issues without help from a thousand customers, I will be moving on

  • 2016-Sep-5, 10:34 am
    sTeeL.

    Tonight I went between 15 and 4 Mbps.

  • sTeeL.

    /forum-replies.cfm?t=2562356#r10

    Link to my rant in the Internode forum. For those on 6PNJ, stay away for the moment.

  • cowthespud

    sTeeL. writes...

    For those on 6PNJ, stay away for the moment

    I've just moved from Skymesh to Aussie Broadband because of slow international speeds.

    Very pleased so far
    Can post speed tests if anyone would like to see at a specific time etc

  • 2016-Sep-5, 10:35 pm
    bindi

    cowthespud writes...

    Very pleased so far
    Can post speed tests if anyone would like to see at a specific time etc

    That would be of great help to many on here currently having problems in this area, especially between 6.30-10pm when people would normally need their connection to be usable, not dial up speeds.

  • 2016-Sep-5, 10:35 pm
    sTeeL.

    And hopefully hear that if they have issues, they respond and resolve quickly.

  • cowthespud

    bindi writes...

    That would be of great help to many on here currently having problems in this area, especially between 6.30-10pm when people would normally need their connection to be usable, not dial up speeds.

    Friday 8:40pm

    To Perth 92/27
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5617790140

    Eastern States 90/30
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5617797629

    West Coast US 63/10
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5617801738

  • bindi

    Geez, although you have 100/40 that's quite good speed, I have Internode 25/5 fttp and it's garbage by comparison--
    http://beta.speedtest.net/result/5617828357 (local servers)

    http://testmy.net/huoATsPL2.png

    http://speedof.me/show.php?img=160909124030-6566.png

  • 2016-Sep-5, 11:04 pm
    woosydiver
    this post was edited

    cowthespud writes...

    To Perth 92/27
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5617790140

    The ping times are strange, it's twice the time to Perth than to Sydney.
    Although fast, is their routing pooped?

    Also, can you explain what you did to change RSP's?
    Although I guess your on FTTH so it may be different for my FTTN
    [I can't see any recent info on changing RSP for FTTN]

    ps, you need to update your info, still showing SkyMesh

  • 2016-Sep-5, 11:04 pm
    bobthebigbat

    My speeds are amazing right now compare to what I get in the evenings (though international is still crap).
    TPG 25/5 � Sat about 9:15am
    Perth: 22.97 / 4.82 � http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5619359204
    Sydney: 17.97 / 4.78 � http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5619360249
    San Jose CA: 5.48 / 4.16 � http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5619357192

  • 2016-Sep-10, 11:51 am
    sTeeL.

    Yeah cant really fault offpeak with Node on 100/40. Its just abysmal at peak times.

    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5619398600 � Perth 5 ping 93Mb/38Mb
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5619396343 � California 199 ping 66Mb/16Mb

  • 2016-Sep-10, 11:51 am
    sTeeL.

    woosydiver writes...

    The ping times are strange, it's twice the time to Perth than the eastern staes.
    Although fast, is their routing pooped?

    This is what iiNet used to do back in the day. Route all traffic to eastern states and then back to WA. I wouldnt pick anywhere that did that these days.

  • 2016-Sep-10, 11:52 am
    cowthespud

    woosydiver writes...

    The ping times are strange, it's twice the time to Perth than to Sydney.

    yeah not sure what was happening there � think I might have been going over east and then back

    was picking up my location as in syd too
    normally picks it up in perth

  • 2016-Sep-10, 11:52 am
    Bad News Bear

    Relief may be in sight for fellow Internode customers:

    Joseph Burford writes...

    If you're at the Pinjarra POI you're likely impacted by a backhaul capacity issue, there is a backhaul upgrade in progress to resolve that.

    I can't seem to find an advisory on the Internode site (which I'll ask about), however there is one up on the iiNet site https://www.iinet.net.au/status/4805991

    The ETC on the iiNet website is currently October 6th.

  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét