Thứ Năm, 6 tháng 10, 2016

gotalk official FAQ part 2

  • 2008-Nov-1, 12:16 am
    Chaosdog1

    zeddie writes...

    I have to fill out the local number portability form and send it in?

    Yes � and then the promised 3 days turns into someone calls you after a week to confirm. Then nothing happens for almost another 3 weeks despite calls 2 or 3 times a week to find out what's going on, including assurances from GoTalk that it has been escalated and will be actioned with 24-48 hours.

    Then, you find someone helpful in the off-shore tech centre who finds out that the confirmation paperwork has been mislaid by the Provisioning Dept on the Gold Coast, or at least claimed never received by them.

    That helpful person forwards the required paperwork to the Provisioning Dept immediately, but tells me that it could be another 3 working days before Provisioning contacts me...

    I explain that I am moving from the address that the number is attached to in 3 working days and thought that a month's notice to port the number would be sufficient as they claim 3 days as a usual standard.

    I explain that this is my published business number and I need to know if they can't port it in time as I will need to very quickly cancel the port and make arrangements with Telstra to take the number to the new premises.

    The poor girl in the call centre is powerless to give me contact details for provisioning, but promises to get her supervisor to call me as soon as the supervisor gets off her phone call.

    It must be a very long phone call as I am still waiting for the call 8 hours later.....

    This doesn't suprise me � in all of my dealings with GoTalk, not once has a promised call back from a supervisor actuallly ever happened.

    So, don't imagine that your port will go smoothly.

    Aaron � can you help on this one? I'll whim you my account details.

  • 2008-Nov-1, 12:16 am
    Toot

    lol.. I have a similar experience with porting... I sent my application form in over 6 weeks ago, and despite multiple follow up emails and calling the help desk, it is still not done.

    I tried to do it through email as much as possible, as people suggest that it gets a better response. Sorry, that is not true.

    And calling GoTalk? Well if u are happy to wait on the phone for long periods, be somehow cut off and forced to ring again, answered by an operator who says they are looking at the history and suddenly find yourself transferred and talking to voicemail with no idea what happened, and promised call backs happen days later than what they assure you will happen, then GoTalk support is marvellous!

    Good luck on your porting!

  • 2008-Nov-1, 1:36 am
    Nutztoyou

    Toot writes...

    lol.. I have a similar experience with porting... I sent my application form in over 6 weeks ago,

    That's because you guys are all going about it the wrong way.

    I went directly to Cormain for my sign up and porting. Sent them all the paperwork after establishing that what I wanted was possible. Within a week I had my accounts setup. When I sent in my porting paperwork to Cormain sometime later, the port happened without any delays.

    Sorry, you are not going about it the wrong way, it's just that when Aaron S deals with it, you are his customer and things work a little more smoothly.

  • 2008-Nov-1, 1:36 am
    Toot

    Ahh now that is just rubbing salt in our wounds! :)
    Funnily enough, I am not really upset. I have only myself to blame as I had read numerous times how bad customer support is before signing up. I thought that if any technical issues did occur I could resolve them myself without resorting to dealing with GoTalk. Unfortunately porting is not one of those things.

  • 2008-Nov-1, 5:52 am
    davedrastic

    It's not just porting.

    I still haven't heard back about this local call issue.

  • 2008-Nov-1, 5:52 am
    bsk662

    davedrastic writes...

    It's not just porting.

    Reading the forums, I think it's everything apart from their voip service. Backoffice, frontoffice, billing, refunds, callcentre, accounts, am I missing anything? If I were Steve Picton, CEO of GoTalk, I'd be doing something about it. Seems all the complaints here are just falling on DEAF EARS.

    Mind you, this pic of Steve here is ironic. That is a HOT AIR balloon behind him right? ;O

  • 2008-Nov-1, 1:10 pm
    plpb

    Hello all, this is not on your topic but where else do i send it?

    i have a new gotalk service and a new linksys 3102 ata.

    got it all configured but have a couple of questions.

    1. when i dial there is about a 10 second delay before i hear ring tone. can i fix this problem by playing with my 3102 ?

    2. not urgent, i sometimes get a little echo. you can address this now if you wish but the ring tone delay is paramount.

    thanks,

    paul brown.

  • 2008-Nov-1, 1:10 pm
    onhold

    plpb writes...

    got it all configured but have a couple of questions.

    1) delay on send out will be your dial plan � post your dial plan so we can see what it is.

    2) echo � is this when you use the pstn line on your 3102? � in which case you're probably stuck with this problem as it is a known problem with the 3102. It can be mitigated with judicious stuffing around with various gain/volume settings.

  • 2008-Nov-1, 5:26 pm
    plpb

    thanks onhold,

    1. (delay) dial plan is from line1.

    (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

    2. (echo) i dial out on voip (line1) and incoming on pstn.

    paul brown.

  • 2008-Nov-1, 5:26 pm
    plpb

    or do you mean the dial plans in the pstn window

    they all say the same (xx.)

    p.s.
    love the idea of voip and it's cheap calls etc. etc. but only when it gets as easy as picking up a phone and dialling will it be more accepted.

    not complaining. this is all part of the improvement process.

    paul brown

  • onhold

    plpb writes...

    (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

    This is indeed a strange dial plan.
    Question � is Gotalk the only voip provider that you are using? (helps to know before mucking around with the dial plan)

  • plpb

    thanks,

    yes this is the only (voip) provider. surly one is enough .....!!!

    (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

    i noticed the "11" in the plan. could that be a delay ??

    say i try to change that and will let you know what happens.. sounds exciting

    paul brown.

  • 2008-Nov-2, 2:50 pm
    plpb

    i changed the "11" to a "5" . no change.

    don't worry about it, i will put up with it and contact gotalk tomorrow.

    regards,

    paul brown.

  • 2008-Nov-2, 2:50 pm
    onhold

    plpb writes...

    i changed the..

    Have a study of this post.
    Might help in understanding how the dial plan works
    (I'm not suggesting you cut & paste it.)
    /forum-replies.cfm?t=1080487#r2

  • 2008-Nov-2, 2:57 pm
    davedrastic

    Re: Local Call Issue

    OK, for those that are interested in the Local Call Issue that came up a few weeks ago, I've got a bit of an update.

    I finally got an email back. It took 9 days, and approx 7 emails to get there, but we got there.

    Shame I can't be as pleased with their response as I am with their promptness.

    "I have been informed that we use exactly the same system as Telstra does to classify calls. If it is a local call with Telstra, it should be a local call with us."

    Other than a thankyou and a "hope this helps", this is the beginning and the end of the feedback that i've been provided with.

    Now the guy that I spoke with a few weeks ago did say something in reference to local telephone exchanges, which by my basic understanding is what the response is referring to. But the answer is in complete contradiction with the previous "first four digit" explanation � isn't it?

    Also, the explanation in no way explains what locality an 02 90 is supposed to be from. If Telstra is able to assign a location on an 02 90 number (and thereby be able to classify calls as local), can someone please let me know what that location is. Perhaps that question should be asked of a GoTalk representative, or perhaps I should ask the nearest bald-assed baboon as I'm likely to get as much sense out of either.

    In anycase, if the above explanation is full and correct, couldn't it be explained in a little more detail, not to mention confidence? Couldn't they let us know how Telstra does classify calls? Are we really expected to investigate Telstra's practices in order to understand GoTalk practices? Surely it's not just me that notices that there's something missing here.

    If I can get down to brass tacks, I haven't been provided with a solid explanation in regards to what does or does not constitute local calls, nor an explanation as to why such an explanation can't be found on the GoTalk website and/or Terms and Conditions. To say i'm dissapointed with GoTalks' lack of information/clarity/promptness/respect to customers/common sense will be adding me to a long list of other clients that are equally dissapointed with one of their weaknesesses or other. But I'd also like to say that I'm dissapointed in this thread and the regular GoTalk affiliated users that have failed to provide an explanation that people can concur with and understand.

    If you're here to help, HELP.

    In anycase, Pennytels' Crazy Talk plan seems pretty good � $18.88 for 800 Australia wide calls, 150 calls to mobiles.

    If an answer in regards to this local call issue does somehow get posted here please send me a whim. In the meantime, good day.

  • 2008-Nov-2, 2:57 pm
    boofh

    davedrastic writes...

    Couldn't they let us know how Telstra does classify calls?

    Man, Dave you seem to be always ranting, (not just in this thread � yes I agree GoTalk support sucks) take it easy dude, lifes too short.

    Anyhow to try and help you, this is my understanding how Telstra class a local call.

    A untimed local call is any call made to a destination < 85Klms from your exchange.

  • 2008-Nov-2, 3:06 pm
    onhold
    this post was edited

    The two documents you need to refer to are located:
    here
    1) http://www.telstra.com.au/customerterms/home_charging.htm

    and here
    2) http://www.telstra.com.au/customerterms/home_phone_general.htm

    (...for home users. Refer to the relevant links for business).

    From (2) above:
    a local call is a call between Basic Telephone Services where:
    (a) both services are in the same or adjoining standard zones; or
    (b) one service is in a charging precinct and the other is in its designated
    standard zone; or
    (c ) both services are in the same charging precinct.

    You need to refer to (1) � 409 pages � to check the zones, precincts etc. Here you can find all your number prefixes and check them out. (Not a small task if doing it manually.)

    And for non-local calls ....

    a long distance call (either an STD call or an operator assisted call) is a call made within Australia between Basic Telephone Services, that is not a local call.

    edit � reversed items numbers.

  • 2008-Nov-2, 3:06 pm
    davedrastic

    and what about 02 90 numbers?

    and Boofh, thanks for the personal advice mate, but I don't really need it. I "rant" when there is clearly something wrong with the information being provided (by the service provider in question) after an adequate amount of time and effort on my part has been put into resolving the issue at hand. If you'd prefer me to just quietly accept the shoddy service/information/practices of GoTalk (and others) you'll be dissapointed.

    My "rant" is a mere call of frustration to highlight the issues at hand. If you don't like my posts, don't read them, it's not that difficult. And if you want to review my posts on other threads, you'll do well to note that I do give credit where credit is due � it's just that in this instance I, and fellow GoTalk users, have not been provided with a clear explanation that is agreed to and understood by other GoTalk representatives nor furthermore explained on their website or in their terms and conditions for the benefit of GoTalk customers, some of which are less technically minded than others. Hence the "rant".

  • 2008-Nov-2, 3:21 pm
    onhold

    davedrastic writes...

    and what about 02 90 numbers?

    There appear to be subcategories of 0290 numbers.
    But the bulk appear to fall in the Sydney zone (except for numbers starting 02903454xx which show as Liverpool).
    See page 230 of Ref 1 above.

    On first pass, it looks like 0290 numbers are Sydney zone numbers.

  • 2008-Nov-2, 3:21 pm
    Handy7000

    davedrastic writes...

    If an answer in regards to this local call issue does somehow get posted here please send me a whim. In the meantime, good day.

    Could it be that local and national calls are categorised under the "old" Telstra/Telecom system. I'm trying to think outside the square a little so don't shoot me down just yet.

    I remember when Sydney numbers used to be 7 digits long rather than the current 8 (Wow was that ten years ago) and we still had to dial STD prefixes to call a number that was inside the Sydney basin yet not part of the local exchange. For instance if I wanted to call Penrith from Parramatta, I needed to dial 046 (I think) as a prefix. This made the call an STD or national call of sorts. Campbelltown and other outlying Sydney suburbs followed a similar pattern.

    Is it possible that GoTalk are using this system to categorise national or local calls? If that was the case, it would be interesting to see if (02) 90xx xxxx numbers are local or national listings.

  • 2008-Nov-7, 8:32 pm
    davedrastic

    Aaron S writes...

    Well, I just use common sense, like my explaination above.

    Perhaps you could ask your colleagues at GoTalk to do the same

    Well, you got what you want, which is GoTalk is indeed mucking up your account, and they are going to fix it. What more do you want?

    It would be nice to have had received contact and/or explanation from GoTalk, seeing as it's a GoTalk issue. I want to have a proper explanation as to what is classified as local calls, and for a correct explanation to be present on the GoTalk website/terms and conditions. I want to be able to simply calculate how many local/national/mobile calls have been made by accessing the MyAccount facility. I want some kind of apology/recompense from GoTalk directly for incorrectly cutting my service in the first place. I want to be able to use my service in confidence and under the understanding that my service won't be cut until the quotas as advertised on their website are met or exceeded. I want to be made aware of the correct way to reset quotas or similar, and for that to not be the same cost as a full months' service for a fraction of the time.

    Other than that, I'm good.

  • 2008-Nov-7, 8:32 pm
    boofh

    I rest my case

  • 2008-Nov-7, 8:46 pm
    onhold

    Aaron S writes...

    GoTalk web site actually has every single call listed, as to what zone it is. I log into my account now, and I see these names:

    Blacktown
    Mobile
    13 Numbers
    Brisbane
    Sydney
    Perth
    Newcastle
    Dandenong
    Beenleigh
    Liverpool
    Coffs Harbour
    Melbourne
    Bathurst
    Sunbury
    1800 Service
    Queenscliff
    Whittlesea
    Mundubbera
    Canberra
    Windsor (NSW)
    Narromine

    Now, I am in Sydney, so it is obvious that numbers listed as Sydney would be local calls, and others would be national.

    Aaron � I expected better from you. Your post was ill considered and although written with great gusto � contains basic errors.
    Let me point out the fundamental error of your argument.

    Calls from Sydney to Liverpool:
    National you say, because it's not listed as Sydney.
    Wrong.
    This is a local call.

    Calls from Sydney to Blackburn:
    Again a Local call.

    Check them for yourself with Boofh's link.
    Sydney Opera House: 02-9250 7777
    Liverpool Council: 02-9821 9145
    Blackburn Council: 02-9839 6000

    You cannot use the argument that a different zone from your own results in a National call. It just isn't correct.
    If only it were that easy.
    Gotalk are clearly doing the complicated analysis to work out Local Vs National � it doesn't seem unreasonable to ask them to list that classification on the call statement.
    Look � I expect them to do this just as promptly as they intend to fix the call forwarding issue.
    But please don't try to BS us on behalf of GT.

  • 2008-Nov-7, 8:46 pm
    CMA

    onhold writes...

    I expected better from you. Your post was ill considered

    please don't try to BS us on behalf of GT.

    This is a bit harsh. Please try and be a little more respectful and use your words more wisely. The poster you were replying to didn't understand the zones for local or National calling, and did not require these sorts of comments or harrasment.

    In the future please be more considerate of posters and understand that not everybody's perfect.

  • 2008-Nov-7, 8:56 pm
    Deer With No Eye
    this post was edited

    onhold writes...

    Aaron � I expected better from you. Your post was ill considered and although written with great gusto � contains basic errors

    I simply made the point that Sydney to Sydney would be local, it would be air tight no way for GoTalk to say Sydney to Sydney is STD.

    I was not clear on this, sorry.

    Calls from Sydney to Liverpool:
    National you say, because it's not listed as Sydney.
    Wrong.
    This is a local call.

    Yes, you are correct on this one, with Telstra.

    Calls from Sydney to Blackburn:
    Again a Local call.

    Blackburn is in VIC, not NSW

    You cannot use the argument that a different zone from your own results in a National call. It just isn't correct.
    If only it were that easy.

    Ask why is Telstra making it so difficult.

    Gotalk are clearly doing the complicated analysis to work out Local Vs National � it doesn't seem unreasonable to ask them to list that classification on the call statement.

    I will try an get an answer on this.

    they intend to fix the call forwarding issue.

    What call forwarding issue?

  • 2008-Nov-7, 8:56 pm
    onhold

    Aaron S writes...

    Blackburn is in VIC, not NSW

    OK Blacktown (not Blackburn � my typo) quoted in your post will be local.

  • 2008-Nov-7, 9:20 pm
    davedrastic

    Aaron S writes...

    Ask why is Telstra making it so difficult.

    Telstra really ought to be kept out of this discussion unless they decide to merge with GoTalk. The only organisation that should be responsible for explaining GoTalk policies, is GoTalk.

    IMHO having Cormain reps be the only person to comment on this issue over the course of approx 1 month, on a FAQ that was started by a GoTalk rep, who still makes comments every now and then, is pretty unfair.

    It's akin to the US asking Australia to send troops to Iraq.

  • 2008-Nov-7, 9:20 pm
    davedrastic

    Doublepost somehow � please remove

  • Deer With No Eye
    this post was edited

    davedrastic writes...

    The only organisation that should be responsible for explaining GoTalk policies, is GoTalk

    And this is not the official support channel for GoTalk (or any other ISP). Some staff members for some ISPs decide to volunteer their own time, including GoTalk.

    So you should call GoTalk on 1800 GOTALK, officially.

    Cormain reps be the only person to comment on this issue over the course of approx 1 month

    You only started complaining about this under one month ago on this site, you only WhiM me on 2008-Oct-23 when I told you to e-mail Cormain see if Cormain can get a manager at GoTalk to look into this for you.

    So there is no where near one month.

    I don't think it is fair with some of the comments you made, and I don't think it is fair with comments you made about Cormain.

    Your account is not even managed by Cormain, so me / my staff have no obligation to help you in the first place, but regardless; but you asked Cormain for assistant to give GoTalk a kick on this issue, which had happened now, GoTalk is fixing for you, then you are now saying Cormain is taking over the issue???

    What exactly do you want?

    I think I know what I want, that I wasted time answering your WhiM, looking at your e-mail, and my other staffs looking at your e-mail, chasing it up for you. We all wasted time for you to whinge. Should have just let you deal with GoTalk direct.

    Here is the complain policy. Write to them so you can have the astronomical formula which calculate local call zone. gotalk Australia PO Box 452 Robina 4226

  • davedrastic

    Aaron S writes...

    Some staff members for some ISPs decide to volunteer their own time, including GoTalk.

    This FAQ gives a full explanation on page 1 � i've read it, the other readers have read it, we know who it's been started by and we know who's been choosing not to comment on this issue (as is their right).

    So you should call GoTalk on 1800 GOTALK, officially.

    I've done that, several times, also sent several emails � refer to previous posts.

    when I told you to e-mail Cormain see if Cormain can get a manager at GoTalk to look into this for you.

    That's right. I'd use the word suggest rather than told, but yes, it was you that suggested that I send details to yourself after GoTalk had failed to respond. Don't agree with the getting a manager to look at it part though as I don't recall that being stated. But certainly the understanding from my point of view was that you may be in a position to assist alongside the actions taken by GoTalk.

    Your account is not even managed by Cormain, so me / my staff have no obligation to help you in the first place, but regardless; but you asked Cormain for assistant to give GoTalk a kick on this issue

    Ooh, you seem to have contradicted yourself there, so really no need for me to deny. Take a look at your previous sentence and you state that "I told you to e-mail Cormain see if Cormain can get a manager at GoTalk to look into this for you". Being told something is quite different to me "asked Cormain for assistant to give GoTalk a kick on this issue". I know it is a subtle difference, but it is a fundamental difference.

    I feel as if I'm being pushed to quote from an email I was sent by Cormain, so I will...

    "Response time for your case this time is slightly longer than usual, due to our heavy workload, and extra process time required as your account is not opened and managed by
    Cormain"

    First off "heavy workload" is a poor excuse that anyone can palm off to anyone else. Look George W you shouldn't have bombed Iraq when they didn't have WMDs'. Well we had a heavy workload at the time. Oh, fair enough.

    So the key point in my interpretation from your email is " extra process time required as your account is not opened and managed by Cormain". Now this statement seems to be telling me that the reason for the near month long delay in getting back to me (and if you don't like my time classifications I don't care) is because I got Cormain involved. Which I did at the request/suggestion of a Cormain representative, Aaron. Which I did after I had expressed concerns about forwarding details to a third party. Which I did in good faith would be used to assist in resolving the issue as opposed to transferring the handling of the issue from GoTalk to Cormain and/or increasing the time frame of resolution which you seem to be suggesting.

    You may not think that It is fair with some of the comments you made, and I don't think it is fair with comments you made about Cormain., but I do.

    Your account is not even managed by Cormain, so me / my staff have no obligation to help you in the first place

    I agree. And I'm wondering why you offered your involvement in the first place if all it was to do was let GoTalk off the hook from coming up with an adequate response themselves.

    And, actually, what is more of interest and telling to me is your comment me / my staff � because when I emailed my personal details following the suggestion of "Aaron @ Cormain", I thought I was sending the details to "Aaron @ Cormain" for Aaron to deal with and respond to. What I'm now strongly suspecting is that there is in fact no Aaron @ Cormain � and that several of you and your staff use the same Whirlpool and email account. I say this because in my emails that I received from Cormain, there was no name mentioned, Aaron or otherwise, and no reference to this Whirlpool "conversation", and despite my requests for confirmation that I was dealing with Aaron none was given.

    It may be perfectly legal for you to have several different people pose as the one user but I'm not quite sure how ethical it is. Certainly I don't feel good about releasing my personal data to anyone other than the one person I was liasing with on Whirlpool. If you can soothe my paranoid soul by confirming that there is only one user of the Aaron @ Cormain account, I'd sleep so much better tonight.

  • 2008-Nov-7, 9:33 pm
    Defaulty

    Close thread.

    Continues in Part 2

    Please do not continue the above argument on to Part 2!

  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét