Thứ Sáu, 7 tháng 10, 2016

Pennytel Calls Dropping consistantly part 1

  • 2008-Apr-22, 10:19 pm
    shaggyboy
    O.P.

    I am facing a weird problem with my Pennytel calls.

    Whenever I am calling India, the calls are dropping after 3-4 mins and at times after 10-12 mins. This has never happened to me before and has been happening for the last 5 odd days.

    Although I am on the 'Talk Till You Drop' plan my calls are short and the max I would have spoken is for 30 mins.

    I tried calling Pennytel support on 777 and there is no response. They ask me to leave a voicemail and thats the end of it. I have already left 5 voicemails and there is no response. Is there any other way that I can log a support ticket?

    Can someone from Pennytel please explain what's happening as there are others also facing the same problem?

  • 2008-Apr-22, 10:19 pm
    ItsMeDale

    shaggyboy writes...

    I tried calling Pennytel support on 777 and there is no response. They ask me to leave a voicemail and thats the end of it. I have already left 5 voicemails and there is no response. Is there any other way that I can log a support ticket?

    Although PT is my primary VSP, they disappoint immensely in this area. It's simply slack service!

    After complaining over 2 1/2 months ago it seems that a promise was broken by Jocelyn@pennytel (what happened to her?) and absolutely nothing has improved.
    /forum-replies.cfm?t=903908#r10
    /forum-replies.cfm?t=912141#r10

    Still the only reliable way is via Live Assistance Online.

  • rkumar

    shaggyboy writes...

    This has never happened to me before and has been happening for the last 5 odd days.

    You faced the call drops only last 5 odd days. Thats unbelievable for me. For me calls started to drop(to Indian numbers) on regular basis since past 2 weeks. I will say now a days call drop to India is common feature.

    check past posts if you want to get an Idea of the situation.

  • tigerpaul

    same here... this call dropping problem started from the beginning of this month and still continues. I lost a lot of money due to this problem and still loosing in hope :(. in last two weeks untimed call success rate for me is less than 10%.

  • 2008-Apr-23, 12:53 am
    shaggyboy
    O.P.

    tigerpaul writes...

    call dropping problem started from the beginning of this month and still continues.

    You facing this problem for just India or other countries also?

  • 2008-Apr-23, 12:53 am
    promowithus

    I using PennyTel and i facing no problem at a moment.
    Enjoy making call to India and Bangladesh too. Just Tension PennyTel will dropout destinations from Talk Till You Drop plan after next period billing. waaaaaa! waaaaa!

  • 2008-Apr-23, 2:30 am
    rkumar

    promowithus writes...

    i facing no problem at a moment.
    Enjoy making call to India and Bangladesh too.


    You are few of the lucky mates. For me, because of the regular dropout, I have quited the TTYD plan of pennytel.

  • 2008-Apr-23, 2:30 am
    tigerpaul

    ^^^ I am facing the problem for only India, all 8 cent calls are OK... I never called any other country but heard that others from Vietnam and Bangladesh are facing same problem... I see this call dropping problem is only with south-east asian countries.

  • 2008-Apr-23, 11:12 am
    rkumar

    tigerpaul writes...

    this call dropping problem started from the beginning of this month and still continues.

    promowithus writes...

    I using PennyTel and i facing no problem at a moment.
    Enjoy making call to India and Bangladesh too.


    By seeing contradictory experience by the above two users and myself, I can guess that either the calls may be selectively dropped, (as we had called heavily in past to a particular number) or perhaps We call at the wrong time of the day when the calls are being dropped due to excess traffic

  • 2008-Apr-23, 11:12 am
    Search

    rkumar writes...

    TTYD plan of pennytel

    They must have renamed that plan to 'talk till the call drops' plan.

    I'm pretty certain PT is using some dodgy east european service provider. This evening my call to an India mobile was connected perfectly and I may have been talking for 10 secs when I got (dis)connected to some woman talking in god knows which east european language. It was quite loud and distinct. The voice quality was excellent but I was not able to communicate myself or else I was going to ask her who she was and what was their business name.

    I was about to setup my laptop to record the call when the call dropped. That was one of the 3 calls that were dropped this evening. I think I may have to go back to chinese phone cards because PT dropouts cost me the same or more money as phone cards.

    Sorry to say aussies VSPs have dissapointed me.

  • 2008-Apr-23, 11:34 am
    Mike.H

    Search writes...

    Sorry to say aussies VSPs have dissapointed me.

    I've cancelled my Pennytel account. The 30+ hour problem when they stopped incoming calls due to their 'bug' was a woeful decision.

    What were the management thinking? Restrict outgoing calls - most people have multiple options to make outgoing calls but to make a conscious decision to block incoming calls was wrong.

    I've used MNF and iiNet VoIP - both substantially superior IMO to Pennytel.

  • 2008-Apr-23, 11:34 am
    tigerpaul

    Today I experienced call drop even for 8c call to a german landline. I am surprised to see this. Is this a specific problem with 'TTYD' users??

    please all TTYD user share your problem here...

  • 2008-Apr-23, 5:20 pm
    "Fox"

    shaggyboy writes...

    Whenever I am calling India, the calls are dropping after 3-4 mins and at times after 10-12 mins. This has never happened to me before and has been happening for the last 5 odd days.

    You are lucky that your calls lasted 3-4 minutes and at times 10-12 minutes. I just called a mobile number in India 3 times. none of the calls lasted for more than a minute.

    If pennytel cannot provide a service reliably, they should close the business and do something else which they can manage and provide a reasonable service to their customer. If they or their associates cannot provide this service they should not be in this business.

    As a minimum what they should do is to refund people all the money they have earned by cheating and by using unethical means.

  • 2008-Apr-23, 5:20 pm
    vijaynz

    hawamahal writes...

    As a minimum what they should do is to refund people all the money they have earned by cheating and by using unethical means.

    I am totally agree.

  • 2008-Apr-23, 6:32 pm
    tigerpaul

    I noticed one thing about this call drops to south-east asian countries. If I use pennytel softphone the beep sound which we usually get before the call drops is heard only by the mobile where I called, but if I use X-lite of other softphone, both me and the other end can hear the sound. What may be the reason? any idea? why even we get this beep sound before the call drops?? if its a problem with connection then why should we get this sound?? I am sure it's certainly managed by some software in between which gives us this warning. I can remember when i used to call using phone cards, just before my credit finishes it used to give this type of sound which was definitely program regulated. So, in my opinion this call drop to south-east asia is definitely also program regulated. Who is doing this can be told by PT only. if there upstream providers are doing this, PT can certainly can warn them, but if they are themself doing it intensionally then nothing can be done. :x alas...

    In last week only once I could talk for more than an hour, all other calls were less than 10 mints duration. In this case its much better to use Betamax, whose quality and service is much better. and atleast for the last one year I never had a call drop problem with them.

  • 2008-Apr-23, 6:32 pm
    rkumar

    tigerpaul writes...

    ..... I am sure it's certainly managed by some software in between which gives us this warning. I ....
    To answer your question, you should know how we get cheap voip rates when Its illegal in India? The rates offered by VOIPs provider are so cheap that its hard to get same rate within India.

    Read the following article from wikipedia. It will give a hint to the problem.

    From Wikipedia
    "Another problem for operators is that in the location of the SIM box, the towers get inundated with more traffic than usual, and other calls are disrupted."
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSM_gateway

  • 2008-Apr-23, 8:13 pm
    tigerpaul

    i know the fact you mentioned. but my question is why this beep sound??? how overload can give an warning signal????

  • 2008-Apr-23, 8:13 pm
    tigerpaul

    I posted this to support of PT

    No improvement in call drop pr
    hello,
    there is no improvement in call drop problem to south east asia calls. today I even experienced call drops in German landline. it happened twice. Please check with your TTYD plan. which is now a days turning to Talk Till it Drops plan. Hope you care enough about your customer complain. and please don't site me about device problem. i am using pennytel soft phone and all the configuration working fine. for only 10% call i am getting full time to talk, otherwise your system drops the call. my earnest request to you to please check all the involved technical details for TTYD plan which is suffering a big technical drawbacks in recent days.

    thanks

    cheers

    their answer is this...

    Apr 24, 2008 23:31:51 : Pennytel Support
    Hi, we do not have issue from our end when checking the system log. We have customers making calls for more than 2 hours worldwide.

    !!!!!!!!!!!! how they can be so lier :O there are a lots of people facing the problem but they didn't even ready to accept the truth ???

  • 2008-Apr-23, 11:41 pm
    rkumar

    Some advice, if you are still using pennytel to call india then you should reconsider.

    tigerpaul writes...

    !!!!!!!!!!!! how they can be so lier :O there are a lots of people facing the problem but they didn't even ready to accept the truth ???

    Well there were lots of people who faced the problem and many have moved to other voip including me. So why to make such noise which no one hears. Now a days even a call to India through betamax voip's are also dropped. To me it seems that whole VSP are having a bit rough ride to India.

    Pennytel guys already have tough time on 20th April and there system has yet to recover fully from the crash so give them some space to breathe.

    In another post, one guy claimed that he didn't have any problem calling to India as well as Bangladesh through pennytel. It makes me wonder sometimes, that perhaps the system(penytel or its uplink provider partner) uses some kind of rationing. They might have blacklisted our calling accounts and/or number called on the basis of heavy/excessive usage of the past. Thats just my thought.

  • 2008-Apr-23, 11:41 pm
    shaggyboy
    O.P.

    I called India twice today and both times the call dropped after 1.50 mins and the second time after 3.15 mins.

  • Puchipucca

    hawamahal writes...

    So it confirms that call dropping is happening only on TTYD plan and not the timed plans.

    I have been calling Vietnam on TTYD last week and the quality is superb . Got a very decent duration during the call aswell but my billing period just end 2 days ago :(. So it look like pennytel has switch wholesale provider for some SE Asia countries. All we can do now is stick with Gotalk or MynetFone till pennytel come up with a new plan.

    Cheers,

  • petber

    i experienced a drop at 55 minutes to a German landline yesterday. The service for me has been otherwise fine. im on the paid untimed plan.

  • 2008-May-4, 8:20 am
    shaggyboy
    O.P.

    I called India twice during the weekend and the calls dropped once after 2.40 minutes and the second time after 5.15 mins. Looks like this is going to be a permanent feature on Pennytel.

  • 2008-May-4, 8:20 am
    "Fox"

    shaggyboy writes...

    called India twice during the weekend and the calls dropped once after 2.40 minutes and the second time after 5.15 mins.

    Which plan are you ON. I had this problem when i was on TTYD plan, but the problem has gone away as soon as I moved away from that plan.

  • 2008-May-5, 9:29 am
    Simon VK3XEM

    I'm on the TTYD plan and National calls drop at precisely 3 minutes and 12 seconds EVERY TIME. NO WAY this could be a coincidence!

  • 2008-May-5, 9:29 am
    ozbrad

    Simon VK3XEM writes...

    I'm on the TTYD plan and National calls drop at precisely 3 minutes and 12 seconds EVERY TIME. NO WAY this could be a coincidence!

    I'm on TTYD too, here's some detail from my last 4 calls (yesterday). All calls disconnected normally as I hung up the call.

    Australia Mobile Normal 8:26
    Australia Brisbane Normal 12:39
    Australia Brisbane Normal 13:23
    Australia Brisbane Normal 4:48

  • 2008-May-5, 6:24 pm
    petber

    Mark or someone from pennytel, can you please comment on this? I think it is frustrating quite a few users.

  • 2008-May-5, 6:24 pm
    Mark@PennyTel

    petber,

    please lodge a support ticket as many of the disconnect issues vary from case to case.

    mark

  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét