Thứ Năm, 6 tháng 10, 2016

NBN - Campbelltown (NSW) - Part 2 part 2

  • 2016-Aug-6, 11:16 am
    circlesand

    mjc24984 writes...

    That's what I've heard also. 16th sep so far away.
    I don't know what it means but there is half a dozen guys in zeolite today with pits and node and pillar all open doing something.

    I just went and spoke to the three techs there and asked how long off are we. One said they will be finished today and it's finishing off what the other guys did the other day.

    "Ring Monday morning to get connected"

  • 2016-Aug-6, 11:16 am
    mehmeh123

    I have fttp and im not even getting half the speeds everyone else on fttn is getting. This makes no sense and im on the 100/40. The only time i reach my speed plan is at like 4 am in the morning when I get 96mb down and 38 up.

    I dont know who I have to complain to get this sorted or what. Whats more saddening is they want to charge an extra 5$ a month more for speeds to me. T_T

    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5532822853

    MAKES NO SENSE : /

  • 2016-Aug-6, 9:54 pm
    ADSL2+

    mehmeh123 writes...

    MAKES NO SENSE : /

    It does, it is a CVC congestion issue.

  • 2016-Aug-6, 9:54 pm
    mehmeh123
    this post was edited

    Can they fix it then? seems like a scam that fibre optic is worse then adsl2 ; /

  • 2016-Aug-6, 10:22 pm
    Kallos

    mehmeh123 writes...

    Can they fix it then? seems like a scam that fibre optic is worse then adsl2 ; /

    As per ADSL2+ said, http://blog.jxeeno.com/cvc-remains-the-single-biggest-threat-to-nbn/

  • 2016-Aug-6, 10:22 pm
    mehmeh123

    thx for that. Now knowing that it wont likely be fixed I shall cancel my 100/40 plan and stick to using my phone 4g since its faster and can actually download things : /

  • urban spaceman

    I'm on FTTP on 2cbt-065 (near Campbelltown High School) with iinet and get better than 90/35 during business hours.

  • kjparker

    Anybody else in St Helens Park on IInet getting constant dropouts today?

    I have had 5 so far, and it's incredibly frustrating!

    Rang support, and to be honest their lack of knowledge about how FTTN works is borderline criminal! Tried to tell me I had a box installed by NBN in my house....

  • 2016-Aug-6, 10:57 pm
    mjc24984
    this post was edited

    anyone connecting to zeolite place had an update at all?

    I was told my ticket on NBN Co side has been resolved but no one could tell me what the means � they should be calling back shortly.

    was told there as an embargo on the pillar � which i assume was so they could fix the issue which is now over (the embargo)

    I hope it all sounds promising but not holding my breath or i would of died long ago.

  • 2016-Aug-6, 10:57 pm
    circlesand

    mjc24984 writes...

    anyone connecting to zeolite place had an update at all?

    I have a tech scheduled in for tomorrow afternoon 1300-1700 to connect me.

  • 2016-Aug-7, 12:00 am
    PencilBox

    mjc24984 writes...

    anyone connecting to zeolite place had an update at all?

    I also got the info about the line testing to be completed by today. Appointment booked for Wed 1-5 to "fix the node and the problem in your house"...

  • 2016-Aug-7, 12:00 am
    NuJ

    My family up near chalcedony st, eagle vale just got connected to tpg 100/40 plan.

    Getting consistent 3-6Mb connection only

  • Phil9496

    So why am I the only one on my block in Amabarvale not to have access to NBN. They tell me I'm too far from the node.
    The only house on a block of 200+ houses. Please, do they think we are all stupid.

  • mjc24984

    circlesand writes...

    I have a tech scheduled in for tomorrow afternoon 1300-1700 to connect me.

    ill be watching to see what happens

  • 2016-Aug-7, 4:24 pm
    circlesand

    mjc24984 writes...

    ill be watching to see what happens

    I advise no one hold their breath.

  • 2016-Aug-7, 4:24 pm
    mjc24984

    circlesand writes...

    I advise no one hold their breath.

    definitely not � more hoping for a pleasant surprise for yourself and the rest of us!

  • Sam9

    mjc24984 writes...

    watching to see what happens

    Yes. All of us watching and looking forward for good news

  • circlesand

    Sam9 writes...

    Yes. All of us watching and looking forward for good news

    Tech just called. He will be at my place in ten minutes. Said he has connected three houses up on our node this morning.

    I asked him if that means I should be fine. He said it depends on the line..

    I'll post as soon as I have an update .

  • 2016-Aug-8, 12:37 pm
    mjc24984

    circlesand writes...

    Tech just called. He will be at my place in ten minutes. Said he has connected three houses up on our node this morning.

    I asked him if that means I should be fine. He said it depends on the line..

    I'll post as soon as I have an update .

    Hah! live updates sounds promising

  • 2016-Aug-25, 12:43 pm
    scubadiver

    Arokh writes...

    Got to wait another week now. NBN Co should have a priority install for those who are not connected on time due to circumstances outside customer control, such as weather. Bloody ridiculous.

    At least it's only a week. Spend some of that week reading this: /forum-replies.cfm?t=2555536

  • 2016-Aug-25, 12:43 pm
    Arokh

    Rohit. writes...

    Right now the weather is perfect to work on the node.

    As I was heading out this morning I was just thinking the same thing. In fact a Telstra person was working on a pit near the node this morning, at the other end another Telstra person had the top off the line....the silver thing haha.

  • Pure Anzac

    Today I disconnected all the other phone points in the house and managed to squeeze another 16mb/s out of my connection.

    Now getting this, http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5578392615

    Was getting this, http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5572872124

    Highly recommend others do this if you haven't already.

    Just done the work myself, was pretty straight forward.

    I am now thinking about getting someone out to look at things properly and trying to squeeze some more out of this FTTN crap.

  • mjc24984

    No sync in eagle Vale to zeolite node. Urgh. I haven't even been home the previous weeks to use my nbn connection then I come home and it's got no sync. What a mess it is

  • 2016-Aug-25, 7:05 pm
    circlesand
    this post was edited

    mjc24984 writes...

    No sync in eagle Vale to zeolite node. Urgh. I haven't even been home the previous weeks to use my nbn connection then I come home and it's got no sync. What a mess it is

    Same with my connection. I took a few days off work to enjoy my internet. What a joke.

  • 2016-Aug-25, 7:05 pm
    mjc24984

    circlesand writes...

    Same with my connection. I took a few days off work to enjoy my internet. What a joke.

    Saw a guy wokring up in the pit near the node today, maybe they are permanently fixing the problem.... maybe i'm being hopeful. Waiting for a reply from RSP

  • 2016-Aug-25, 7:45 pm
    circlesand

    mjc24984 writes...

    Saw a guy wokring up in the pit near the node today, maybe they are permanently fixing the problem

    I went and spoke to that guy at the pit. He said he was just waterproofing stuff and had no idea about our lack of connection. He said the guys that were down there the day before must of wrecked our connection.
    A few neighbours around the node also told him they had no internet/phone.

  • 2016-Aug-25, 7:45 pm
    Sam9

    Sam9 writes...

    All I could do is get ADSL back.... have given up on NBN

    Atlast I got connected to NBN now.
    I have seen it as practice on this forum that people come and post only when there is an issue but not when its fixed. I just wanted to close on the whinge I started last month.

    Will update on coming weeks on stability, hope all is well now.

  • vid_ghost
    this post was edited

    mjc24984 writes...

    No sync in eagle Vale to zeolite node. Urgh. I haven't even been home the previous weeks to use my nbn connection then I come home and it's got no sync. What a mess it is

    NBN � No sync in eagle Vale �
    Same here on Thursday afternoon my DSL light turned off and its now Wednesday 5 days later and its still OFF .. no DSL .. called my ISP Australiabroadband.net.au every day and they still haven't been able to resolve the issue. They have been made aware of an issue at 8:30 this morning though... more info to come in the afternoon that i will update here when i know more..

    .. WOW NBN CO is SOOOOOO SLOW at fixing problems and my guess is that they created the problem in the first palce

  • circlesand

    vid_ghost writes...

    NBN � No sync in eagle Vale �

    I have a tech at my place now. He tried telling me I just need my modem reset. I told him to look at it further and now he is at the node.

    I actually have sync to Adsl (obviously can't use it) so it's like they stuffed the tie cables up again. I don't see how this is a coincidence that many people went offline last Thursday.

  • 2016-Aug-26, 11:04 am
    circlesand

    circlesand writes...

    I told him to look at it further and now he is at the node.

    I was wrong, and happy to be so.

    I am re-connected.

    Looks like it was human error. Someone moved me to another port on Thursday. I have now been moved back and everything is working fine.

  • 2016-Aug-26, 11:04 am
    vid_ghost

    circlesand writes...

    I was wrong, and happy to be so.

    I am re-connected.

    Looks like it was human error. Someone moved me to another port on Thursday. I have now been moved back and everything is working fine.

    called my ISP .. i'm hoping its the same issue for me and they can just switch me back to the right port.. yep some work experience NBN tech must of done something wrong in the eagle vale area.

  • 2016-Aug-27, 4:46 pm
    mjc24984
    this post was edited

    vid_ghost writes...

    called my ISP .. i'm hoping its the same issue for me and they can just switch me back to the right port.. yep some work experience NBN tech must of done something wrong in the eagle vale area.

    eep... i'll need to check up whats happening with mine.

    My In-laws had their connection appointment delayed due to an issue at the infrastructure or some wording to that effect.

    EDIT: Appointment Friday � Lets see what they come up with.

  • 2016-Aug-27, 4:46 pm
    Arokh

    I suppose everyone would like to hear about a successful install?

    Tech called on the way, went to the node and did his fiddling and bang all good. He said it'll take and hour or two, I just plugged the modem in anyway to play with it and was connected within 15 min.

    So far so good. Was able to d/l a movie in 15min, redownload 11Gb of Dishonoured in about 90min, and can stream both of us watching Netflix on separate devices with no issues.

    Running about 23Mbps (25Mbps connection) at 1130am, sitting at about 14Mbps now, which is better than my ADSL ever got to, plus the slight congestion is expected being the kiddies are home from school.

  • 2016-Aug-28, 5:56 am
    beavis181
    this post was edited

    Well, thought i'd check the nbnco site, again. It's gone from saying 'NBN service is available at this address' to 'build has not started in this area'

    FML

  • 2016-Aug-28, 5:56 am
    vid_ghost

    NBN tech just left.. the ports were all moved and not patched property on Thursday a week ago in the eagle vale area.. so needed to be redone.. working again now :)

  • vid_ghost

    anyone else get lag during peek times on the NBN in the eagle vale area?

  • mjc24984

    vid_ghost writes...

    anyone else get lag during peek times on the NBN in the eagle vale area?

    Most definitely~!

  • 2016-Aug-31, 1:43 pm
    vid_ghost

    Great, .. no point changing ISP's then. My ISP did say that going to a fixed IP Business connection should fix this as once you change to a business connection you are on a different line at the NBN node then the home users.

  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét