Thứ Năm, 6 tháng 10, 2016

NBN - Campbelltown (NSW) - Part 2 part 1

  • 2016-May-23, 6:44 pm
    fnord band

    Unless this is the wrong file, the RFS date from this doc is June 30

    https://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/content/dam/tw/nbn/Documents/rollout-list.xlsx

    I have my doubts it would jump so far forwards, but a man can dream!

  • 2016-May-23, 6:44 pm
    Petith_au

    fnord band writes...

    Unless this is the wrong file, the RFS date from this doc is June 30

    https://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/content/dam/tw/nbn/Documents/rollout-list.xlsx

    No, it's the correct one.

    It is due to be completed by the 30th of june, like you have mentioned. We will check it week by week to make sure that will still be the case :/

  • 2016-May-23, 8:50 pm
    NuJ
    this post was edited

    Question to everyone on fttn nbn in Campbelltown:

    1) what made you decide to choose the isp that you ended up signing up with?

    2) for the guys not signed up yet, who are you planning to go with and why?

    I'm scheduled for rfs on 24th june and can't decide which isp to go with, some shortlisted isps for me are:

    Telstra- $99 1tb bundle. Why: cable has been good, better international link than most isps (so ive heard) not bad package deal.

    Skymesh- why: good feedback on wp, price match, month to month contract

    Optus- unlimited plans, month to month option, i had cable in the past and never had issues.

    TPG- month to month option, affordable. Although, I'm being put off by their inconsistent feedback with adsl (some areas good, some areas bad)

  • 2016-May-23, 8:50 pm
    Petith_au

    NuJ writes...

    2) for the guys not signed up yet, who are you planning to go with and why?

    Possibly Telstra with the $99 bundle (if they can give me the speed boost) otherwise, i will look elsewhere. I haven't done my research yet. But TPG is up there, as well as iinet (although iinet would be more worth it if i could achieve 100mbit). Definitely going to avoid optus for the time being.

  • NuJ

    Petith_au writes...

    Definitely going to avoid optus for the time being.

    Why, what's wrong with optus?

  • Petith_au

    NuJ writes...

    TPG- month to month option, affordable. Although, I'm being put off by their inconsistent feedback with adsl (some areas good, some areas bad)

    TPG are doing fine now that the it is an even playing field.

    NuJ writes...

    Why, what's wrong with optus?

    They have a lot of teething problems with CVC when areas go live. Because a lot of premises will be going live around the same period of time. Don't get me wrong TPG and the like suffer from it too, but there seems to be more cases involving optus regarding this issue.

  • 2016-May-23, 10:29 pm
    siegegamer

    Interesting that 2CBT-09 is not on that list anymore

  • 2016-May-23, 10:29 pm
    Petith_au

    siegegamer writes...

    Interesting that 2CBT-09 is not on that list anymore

    What list are you referring to?

  • 2016-May-23, 10:48 pm
    Rohit.

    Petith_au writes...

    Possibly Telstra with the $99 bundle (if they can give me the speed boost) otherwise, i will look elsewhere.

    I think you can pretty easily achieve this still. When you are RFS just read the Telstra thread about getting deals. It can be done.

  • 2016-May-23, 10:48 pm
    Rohit.

    NuJ writes...

    what made you decide to choose the isp that you ended up signing up with?

    I was already in a contract with Telstra for ADSL so had to stick with them or wait 17 months before switching to another ISP for fttn.

    Telstra- $99 1tb bundle.

    A very good bundle if you can negotiate a free speed boost out of them. I was lucky to also get free international calling pack.

    Pretty much all the major ISPs that provide fttn have similar plans. It really depends on your preference. Some people hate Telstra so will never go with them. If i wasn't in a contract it probably would have been iinet or TPG for fttn.

  • Rohit.

    Just thought i'd let people know that the Telstra CSR on the phone confirmed to me today that 2CBT-10 is congested. I did notice some congestion yesterday night for the first time .. but was fine at around 9pm. She said Telstra is adding more backhaul by around 7pm tonight. I am not sure if this is the truth but it was what i was told.

  • siegegamer
  • 2016-May-24, 4:49 am
    br00dy

    siegegamer writes...

    Sorry this list

    You need to click the "Expected RFS" tab down the bottom for those areas still in build process.

  • 2016-May-24, 4:49 am
    fnord band

    siegegamer writes...

    Sorry this list

    You're probably looking at the wrong tab in the spreadsheet � you need to look at "Expected RFS-DCD"

    (EDIT: beaten dammit!!!!)

  • 2016-May-24, 7:07 am
    randomknits

    CBT-08 tonight, I'm getting 12.46mbps. "Super fast". Right.

  • 2016-May-24, 7:07 am
    siegegamer

    fnord band writes...

    You're probably looking at the wrong tab in the spreadsheet � you need to look at "Expected RFS-DCD"

    (EDIT: beaten dammit!!!!)

    br00dy writes...

    You need to click the "Expected RFS" tab down the bottom for those areas still in build process.

    Ahh yes ty, wow now june 30 instead of 5th of augest.. that's something

  • 2016-May-24, 2:35 pm
    Rohit.

    So i just did a speed test as i wasn't home earlier and looks like congestion is back again and that Telstra timeframe was a lie.

    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5350133408

    Have noticed congestion since yesterday in 2CBT-10-02.

  • 2016-May-24, 2:35 pm
    Kallos
    this post was edited

    Kallos writes...

    "NBNco has estimated the service will be between 70-100mbps."

    "As a side note a Co-existence period will exist where both NBN & ADSL customers share the same cables you may not receive full speeds during this time due to restrictions placed on both networks to ensure compatibility"

    As they say, time will tell.

    Well my switch took place sometime earlier today (Telstra $99 with free 100/40 speed boost), however something is not right. I�m connected to 2CBT-10-11, around 210m from the node (google maps). When I disconnect my modem I can still make phone calls.

    DSL Link Status
    DSL Status: Up
    DSL Uptime: 4min 43sec
    DSL Type: VDSL2
    DSL Mode: Fast

    Maximum Line rate: 28.16 Mbps 70.61 Mbps
    Line Rate: 28.16 Mbps 68.43 Mbps
    Data Transferred: 1.13 MBytes 0.25 MBytes
    Output Power: 14.5 dBm 7.9 dBm
    Line Attenuation: 6.5, 30.5, 47.0,N/A,N/A dB 15.8, 38.5, 59.8 dB
    Noise Margin: 6.6 dB 6.8 dB

    http://www.speedtest.net/result/5350168175.png

  • 2016-May-24, 2:38 pm
    Petith_au

    Rohit. writes...

    Just thought i'd let people know that the Telstra CSR on the phone confirmed to me today that 2CBT-10 is congested.

    Kallos writes...

    Maximum Line rate: 28.16 Mbps 70.61 Mbps

    http://www.speedtest.net/result/5350168175.png

    Could be related to their congestion and by judging the speed test. I would surely assume that is the case, as rohit had said it looks like they are trying to fix it.

  • 2016-May-24, 2:38 pm
    barney85

    Is 2cbt 07 still June 10, it says it on finder but wasn't sure, I thought read somewhere it was pushed back

  • Rohit.

    Kallos writes...

    Well my account finally got activated over night after a number of calls.

    Excellent!

    Your line settings are pretty similar to mine but you get a lot higher attainable rate than me. However it is a node lottery so anything is possible. Even trying to explain to Telstra my download rate should be higher is a painful task especially when they confuse FTTN with FTTP. It's a battle i just can't win.

  • terryc2560

    tmb writes...

    When were they cutting off our good old reliable ADSL?

    You sxhould be able to check this on the nbnco page where you enter your address and select home. It will give you days to disconnection.

  • 2016-Jun-2, 11:58 am
    BrandonPoach

    For people who connected to nbn, was your ADSL speeds slower than usual a few days before nbn was available in your area? I'm hoping that the nbn service will be ready by tomorrow.
    Is anyone in the 2CBT-03 area getting slow speeds?

  • 2016-Jun-2, 11:58 am
    Sam9

    BrandonPoach writes...

    For people who connected to nbn, was your ADSL speeds slower than usual a few days before nbn was available in your area? I'm hoping that the nbn service will be ready by tomorrow.
    Is anyone in the 2CBT-03 area getting slow speeds?

    2CBT-03 Ready for service is 30 Jun now

  • 2016-Jun-2, 6:12 pm
    BrandonPoach

    samgillsydney writes...

    2CBT-03 Ready for service is 30 Jun now

    Why do they keep on delaying it? :(

  • 2016-Jun-2, 6:12 pm
    Turbo B

    Here is my speed for this morning....

    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5374586880

    Remembering, this is a 50/20 service.
    I am seriously jacked off about these speeds, absolutely furious at the moment, I am meant to have decent speed so I can run a VPN phone and work remotely from time to time, and paying over $100 a month for this service.

    Pathetic!

  • 2016-Jun-2, 8:57 pm
    chesterbigbird

    Turbo B writes...

    Here is my speed for this morning....

    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5374586880

    Remembering, this is a 50/20 service.

    Ouch.. how far from the node are you?
    At night there is a huge amount of congestion.. But not in the morning. Something is not right there with your speeds.
    These are my speeds on 50/20 (over wifi not Ethernet.)
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5374660176 However they do drop to around 9Mbps at night. around 500M from the node

  • 2016-Jun-2, 8:57 pm
    Turbo B

    chesterbigbird writes...

    Ouch.. how far from the node are you?

    I found my node last week (went looking lol), I am approx 250 meters up the road from my node.

    I 'think' I have worked this one out, however I need to do some testing and checks to see, but it could be the dodgy rubbish modem they bundle up.

    If this is the case, will humbly eat my words on the speeds, but shouldnt have to worry about the hardware provided for the service, it should be fit for purpose, but if proven wrong, will be asking why it's not.

  • 2016-Jun-3, 12:22 am
    Resilience

    Interesting mate, didn't think that was the case. They sent me the reports within a few minutes of raising the Job with Dial before you Dig.

  • 2016-Jun-3, 12:22 am
    Wazzap

    So my parents connection is finally sorted (after many calls to telstra advising them it was still on ADSL not FTTN, then telstra disconnecting their phone/ADSL service claiming that no issues had been raised, so why wouldn't they cancel it) � turns out the issue is exactly what many other people in the area have reported, in that the ports were mislabeled and they had connected the wrong house to the port.

    The speed is better than they were getting with ADSL, but still disappointing considering it's meant to be a 25Mbps service (8Mbps down, 3.65Mbps up, tested at 10:30am today so shouldn't be a high usage time!)

  • 2016-Jun-3, 9:05 am
    Kiool

    "2CBT-03 Ready for service is 30 Jun now

    Why do they keep on delaying it? :("

    According to the Telstra technician I spoke to yesterday It's still 6 months away

  • 2016-Jun-3, 9:05 am
    Kallos
    this post was edited

    Rohit. writes...

    Your line settings are pretty similar to mine but you get a lot higher attainable rate than me. However it is a node lottery so anything is possible. Even trying to explain to Telstra my download rate should be higher is a painful task especially when they confuse FTTN with FTTP. It's a battle i just can't win.

    Its a lottery ain't it.

    Since being activated, my line speed has been consistent. I also noticed that my IP changed from 101.___ to 58. ___.

    2016.06.03 @ 6:20pm Telstra Server Sydney http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5375422246
    2016.06.03 @ 6:22pm Telstra Server Perth http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5375425444
    2016.06.03 @ 6:25pm Telstra Server Brisbane http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5375431474
    2016.06.03 @ 6:27pm Internode Server Hobart http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5375434990

    Edit 1:
    2016.06.03 @ 7:55pm Telstra Server Sydney http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5375592789

    Edit 2:
    2016.06.03 @ 10:06pm Telstra Server Sydney http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5375841394

  • Rohit.

    Ok so my speeds are great tonight. No signs of any congestion yet at 8pm:

    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5375599406

  • Will.

    I live fairly close to the CBT-08-02 node but after weeks of contacting telstra and nbnco I still can't get connected to the nbn. The rollout map says

    "The nbn� network is available in your area.

    Additional work is still required in order to make your address ready to connect to the nbn� network.
    Contact your preferred phone or internet provider for more information."

    In the "Service Available" section when highlighted it says "The nbn network is available in your area, but there is an issue at your address."

    NBNCo just give generic answers with no eta and as expected Telstra have no idea either.

    After looking at the rollout map it affects quite a few houses near me but the kicker is how close we are to the actual node...yet can't get connected to it.

    Is anybody else experiencing this issue?

  • 2016-Jun-3, 10:37 am
    Micky

    Will. writes...

    Is anybody else experiencing this issue?

    Yep in the same boat, was keen to sign up day one, but can't..

  • 2016-Jun-3, 10:37 am
    WaLLLY

    Nice Rohit. How far from the pillar are you?

  • 2016-Jun-3, 11:31 am
    Rohit.

    I actually spoke too soon. Congestion strikes again tonight:

    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5378107969

    WaLLLY writes...

    Nice Rohit. How far from the pillar are you?

    From google maps i am around 250m from the node and a further 20m to the pillar. So 270m.

    However based on that i should be getting around 90Mbps download. My uploads are on par for my estimated distance. I was told by a Telstra employee my download should be between 75-100 Mbps and upload 22-40 Mbps. So my downloads are nowhere near it should be and my modem only syncs in the 60s.

    Given i get speed boost for free i can't really be bothered getting it fixed. I rather the congestion get sorted out now.

  • 2016-Jun-3, 11:31 am
    Kallos
    this post was edited

    Rohit. writes...

    Given i get speed boost for free i can't really be bothered getting it fixed. I rather the congestion get sorted out now.

    Agree, this is most important. Congestion example,

    2013.06.04 � @ 9:57pm Telstra Server Sydney http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5378335429 :-/

    v

    2016.06.03 @ 10:06pm Telstra Server Sydney http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5375841394

  • 2016-Jun-3, 12:42 pm
    chesterbigbird

    Will. writes...

    I live fairly close to the CBT-08-02 node but after weeks of contacting telstra and nbnco I still can't get connected to the nbn. The rollout map says

    Your talking about 2CBT-08-02?
    I'm on this node and got connected a while ago now. i think it was the 6th of MAY.

  • 2016-Jun-3, 12:42 pm
    Will.

    Yep that's the one, pretty frustrating that they won't even tell me what the "issue at my address" is.

  • 2016-Jul-5, 8:58 am
    midgard2024

    Hi,

    Just wanted to ask a question since my order and most of the talk with sales did not really go into hardware. Did you order one through them after or was it just part of the bundle. My first experience with IInet was a bundled modem, it was good for a while but since I upgraded to a Netgear router. Not sure if I should do the same with the NBN hardware?

  • 2016-Jul-5, 8:58 am
    Resilience

    midgard2024 writes...

    Quick question guys, knowing Telstra could be a bit slow on things these few weeks. How long was the turn-around for Telstra giving you the first update whether it is a date or something after initially signing up for the service?

    RFS Date for 2CBT09 was 30th June, I rang them the next day 1st July. Placed my order. Modem was sent out Monday the 4th July. Tech is coming out Thursday 7th July to activate my service. Hope this helps.

  • 2016-Jul-5, 9:02 am
    barney85

    Sweet cheers for that, i gjess ill start hitting them up then.

  • 2016-Jul-5, 9:02 am
    midgard2024

    Resilience writes...

    RFS Date for 2CBT09 was 30th June, I rang them the next day 1st July. Placed my order. Modem was sent out Monday the 4th July. Tech is coming out Thursday 7th July to activate my service. Hope this helps.

    Thank you.

    I only started my application yesterday, Seems like it is rather quick :) I was told today someone will be contacting me in the next two days. So I should be expecting some kind of movement by about the end of this week then.

    By Tech you mean the NBN guy who will be swapping your cables at the node or premises depending on how you are connected? Or is someone coming to the premises to do some extra work?

  • 2016-Jul-5, 1:45 pm
    Resilience

    midgard2024 writes...

    By Tech you mean the NBN guy who will be swapping your cables at the node or premises depending on how you are connected? Or is someone coming to the premises to do some extra work?

    NBN Tech to Jumper the cables at the node :) 2 days, cant wait!

  • 2016-Jul-5, 1:45 pm
    beavis181

    Just got off the phone to nbn : 2CBT-08-19 they have no idea when i'll be able to connect.
    At this rate, everybody will be on NBN and my adsl speed will improve so much that i wont have to change over.

  • ISS57L

    So NBN bloke just left. Can't connect my service to the node because apparently I need a line rebuild at no cost to me. Fair enough these things happen but having no internet whatsoever is really frustrating.

    Anyone know roughly how long a line rebuild takes?

  • WaLLLY

    beavis181 writes...

    At this rate, everybody will be on NBN and my adsl speed will improve so much that i wont have to change over.

    For 18months at least till you have to jump onto the NBN hehe

  • 2016-Jul-5, 2:59 pm
    Ilikeapplepie

    After driving around all day and being on the phone with telstra i was able to find the modem at the Liverpool store. So if anyone who is on telstra that has not received their nbn modem due to no stock, pick it up from the Liverpool westfield store. However, they only have 3 modem left. My telstra tv will be sent out in the follow days i guess.

    nbn is near :D

  • 2016-Jul-5, 2:59 pm
    barney85

    Ilikeapplepie writes...

    So if anyone who is on telstra that has not received their nbn modem due to no stock,
    Great organisational skills telstra have aint it, its not like there exaxctly strapped for cash, how can they let stuff like that happen.

  • 2016-Jul-5, 3:34 pm
    Kallos

    Ilikeapplepie writes...

    My telstra tv will be sent out in the follow days i guess

    My Telstra TV with t activate, need to give them a call.

    Issue is reported here, https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Telstra-TV/Activation-plug-not-downloaded/td-p/585935

  • 2016-Jul-5, 3:34 pm
    vesikk

    modem arrived this morning (D-link DSL-2877AL). Monday could not come any sooner.

  • 2016-Jul-5, 3:50 pm
    Clyro

    Anyone in the area gone with iiNet? (haven't noticed anyone in the past few pages)

    Tossing up whether to switch to them or stick with Telstra for NBN

  • 2016-Jul-5, 3:50 pm
    quoii

    Waiting for our connection, we were given an appointment time of 7am-2pm but nothing happening yet.

  • 2016-Jul-5, 5:27 pm
    MisterFlibble

    Clyro writes...

    Anyone in the area gone with iiNet?

    I'm on 2CBT-10-10 with iiNet. No major issues, though on occasion I have seen the speed range from the full 25/5 all the way down to 3/3 during peak times.

  • 2016-Jul-5, 5:27 pm
    Petith_au

    Clyro writes...

    Anyone in the area gone with iiNet?

    i am getting connected tomorrow. will let you know what it is like :)

  • 2016-Jul-5, 5:50 pm
    Pure Anzac

    Clyro writes...

    Anyone in the area gone with iiNet

    I went with iinet, I'm on 2CBT-10-08. I initially had some congestion issues but I contacted them and haven't had an issue since both peak and off peak. I'm about 750 � 800m from node so only getting about 40mbps.

    http://www.speedtest.net/result/5456011892.png

    This is school holidays at about 5pm and still getting what is full speed for me.

  • 2016-Jul-5, 5:50 pm
    quoii

    When the FTTN goes active the ADSL should stop working, yeah?

    iiNet say I'm provisioned on their end but I still appear to be connected to my DSL. Called them for help and the dude wanted to argue with me about whether or not I have FTTN because "FTTN is only for complexes, you should have got a box put in at your house". Dude, I wish I got a box put in at my house.

  • 2016-Jul-5, 7:49 pm
    Sam9

    quoii writes...

    Waiting for our connection, we were given an appointment time of 7am-2pm but nothing happening yet.

    How did u go?

  • 2016-Jul-5, 7:49 pm
    quoii

    Not connected, apparently the technician had issues with installs today and now we're rescheduled for the 11th :(

  • NuJ

    fnord band writes...

    Did you get an activation email yet today? I had a 7-11 time slot and got a confirmation email at 10am today.

    No confirmation email.

    TPG rep said I was going to recieve an SMS.

  • mjc24984

    seems my internet has dropped off -> lost my vpn connection to home. but it also appears i still have dial tone according to family members at the premises. Not sure how the cut over works but from my understanding it shouldn't be the case. Maybe they are only midway through.
    Still crossing my fingers it's going ahead after Fridays "completion".

    I did receive notice that it is completed from internode.

  • Dr Nick Riviera

    I am on my way home from work now and trying to remote in to a vm and.... my internet is down :) Upgrade is booked for today (7am to 2pm) They are running late but Fingers crossed this is it.

  • vesikk

    I asked my brother to turn the modem back on and 2 hours later internet dropped. can no longer ping IP address so hopefully it was NBN when I get home :D

  • 2016-Jul-11, 3:59 pm
    NuJ

    NuJ writes...

    Just called TPG who advised:
    "technician is still onsite, there has been a delay to appointments due to unforseen circumstances. give it until close of business today"

    Wife just called me saying "why has the internet stopped working?!!?!"

    I take that as a good sign... hope NBN is up now for me otherwise I'm going to cop an earful when i get home.

  • 2016-Jul-11, 3:59 pm
    vesikk

    NuJ writes...

    Wife just called me saying "why has the internet stopped working?!!?!"

    I suggest turning off the modem just in case of a port block. It may not happen though.

  • 2016-Jul-11, 4:16 pm
    ISS57L

    So my appointment was today between 8-12, bloke turned up and said he couldn't do my line repair as it he didn't have authorisation to access the pits because someone stuffed my repair order. 4 hours of not getting paid to be told the same stuff I was told last week. Currently waiting on another appointment time and date to get this issue sorted. 3rd week in here we go.

  • 2016-Jul-11, 4:16 pm
    petemod
    this post was edited

    Due to "weather" my nbn appointment this morning was cancelled. I think it sprinkled for about 5 minutes the whole day, what a joke. Re-booked for the 27th :(

  • NuJ

    Just got home. NBN connected.

    Syncing at
    Downstream line rate (kbit/s) 43628
    Upstream line rate (kbit/s) 16170

    Actual speed right now
    37.7 down
    15.8 up
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/2056379669

  • PlayMits

    Good to hear :)

  • 2016-Jul-11, 4:34 pm
    Pure Anzac

    NuJ writes...

    Syncing at
    Downstream line rate (kbit/s) 43628
    Upstream line rate (kbit/s) 16170

    Actual speed right now
    37.7 down
    15.8 up

    Almost exactly the same as my sync speeds, now I know its not just me at the lower end of the scale. Still better than what we had but would have liked something closer to the 100 that I pay for.

  • 2016-Jul-11, 4:34 pm
    vesikk

    connected :D !!! Line stats:
    Line State up
    Modulation ITU G.993.5(G.Vectoring),G.998.4(G.INP)
    Annex Mode ANNEX_B

    Downstream Upstream
    SNR Margin 13.1 dB 15.6 dB
    Line Attenuation 16.2 dB 5.3 dB
    Data Rate 28012 kbps 6399 kbps
    ES 0 0
    SES 0 0
    UAS 255 255
    FEC 324 0
    CRC 0 0

    Speedtest � http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5467678120

  • 2016-Jul-11, 6:07 pm
    Ilikeapplepie

    I've had congestion ever since i got connected with Telstra for nbn. Usually i sit around at 95-97mbps. :(
    http://puu.sh/pXNdL/b44cf1e752.jpg

  • 2016-Jul-11, 6:07 pm
    vesikk

    Ilikeapplepie writes...

    connected with Telstra for nbn.

    there is your problem. Everyone seems to be having congestion issues with Telstra.

  • Dr Nick Riviera

    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5468016537

    87.55Mbps down
    37.82Mbps up

    And these results are with 6 users downloading / uploading / surfing as per usual so i am very happy with the results!

    It took a bit for me to get the config working on my cisco 1900 series router, and i have not bypassed the central adsl line filter yet or have a hwic installed ( isp modem in bridge mode) :)

  • PlayMits

    Are the speeds everyone's achieving the same as the estimate on this map?

    https://nbnmtm.carto.com/viz/6ab38cc4-1b74-11e6-a856-0e3ff518bd15/public_map

  • vesikk

    roughly the same for me except upload on the map would be 12Mbps but i'm getting 6Mbps upload line sync on my 25/5 plan so i'll put that down to modem/plan

  • NuJ

    NuJ writes...

    Downstream line rate (kbit/s) 43628
    Upstream line rate (kbit/s) 16170

    Actual speed right now
    37.7 down
    15.8 up

    Just did speed test in off peak and got similar results.
    This would mean tpg didn't have congestion?

    I'm signed up to the 100/40 plan.

    Damn I'm getting jealous at people hitting around the 90Mbps downloads. I need to share this plan with tenants in my grant flat too :(

  • Petith_au

    NuJ writes...

    Actual speed right now
    37.7 down
    15.8 up

    I will probably get around this too.

    My rescheduled installation date is this thurs.

  • Pure Anzac

    PlayMits writes...

    Are the speeds everyone's achieving the same as the estimate on this map?

    mines about half what that says, wish it was that good. That map says I should get about 90 but I only get around 40. I am about 700 � 750 from node so I don't see how I should get 90. Map is not very accurate at all in my case.

  • 2016-Jul-15, 1:14 pm
    Sam9

    I am trying to find process to contact Ombudsman and TIO,
    Let us all do it

    mjc24984 writes...

    It's made incredibly frustrating by the face that 2/3 of the area is on and working a small portion of us here are left out.
    I bet the populous is so small that there will be bigger fish to fry for the NBN

  • 2016-Jul-15, 1:14 pm
    mjc24984

    samgillsydney writes...

    I am trying to find process to contact Ombudsman and TIO,
    Let us all do it

    i'm on board

  • 2016-Jul-15, 1:18 pm
    Bert386

    Just FYI, unless you already have an order with an ISP, the TIO doesn't really help with these sort of problems. I got on better with Dept. of Communications.

    Here is their number: 1800 254 649
    Ask to speak with the NBN MIgration Dept.

    PM me for the name of the staffer that helped me out.

  • 2016-Jul-15, 1:18 pm
    quoii

    Got our NBN installed Monday. 22Mbps down, 5 up � miles better than our ADSL which was 4/1 so I'm happy.

  • 2016-Jul-15, 1:54 pm
    akarpati

    I got my NBN installed yesterday in Eagle Vale 2CBT-03-18 21Mbps/0.7 Netcomm NF4V router from Spintel
    I am having issues accessing the webinterface of the router. It supposed to be 192.168.20.1 , i disabled firewall already.

  • 2016-Jul-15, 1:54 pm
    Sam9

    Has anyone connected to 2CBT-03-19 NODE yet and operational FTTN?
    I get the impression that whole node is not operational yet

  • 2016-Jul-15, 7:19 pm
    mjc24984

    There were a couple of workers there this morning which might be hopeful.
    I also notice my line has dropped off but still no sync. which I assume means they were nbn techs. They were in the cabinet.

    Why on a Saturday? I guess they were claiming overtime

  • 2016-Jul-15, 7:19 pm
    Sam9

    mjc24984 writes...

    There were a couple of workers there this morning which might be hopeful.
    I also notice my line has dropped off but still no sync. which I assume means they were nbn techs. They were in the cabinet.

    Why on a Saturday? I guess they were claiming overtime

    Just to compliment you statment:

    on 1st of July optus website was saying that my address has FTTN avialable.
    Yesterday on 15th afternoon, it was saying that it is not avialable.
    Today on 16th it is saying that it is avialable.

    May be some work has been done. Fingers crossed

    Next time if you see workers there, could you please ask them for more information. Usually they are friendly

  • 2016-Jul-16, 8:10 am
    Isho

    Brroy writes...

    Ouch. What ISP is that?

    Will keep you posted on how long it takes me with Telstra. Already having the modem makes things a bit easier too, and if it doesn't happen i'll be making many phone calls. I don't see how they can just push it back like that. Mine should hooked up and working by the 22nd.

    I upgraded with Telstra as well. Seems like they told you straight up it would be done on the 22nd rather than promising you that it'd be done within a few business days!

    midgard2024 writes...

    To make things a bit more grey my order was done on the Monday 4th but the order page has Saturday 9th July instead, the day before I visited the shop. The first email sent to me was on the 12th July, same day as the modem was suppose to be delivered but still nowhere in sight and with hotline team at the moment trying to find out where is it or has it been sent.

    Edit: To further matters the hotline staff just told me they are out of modems :(

    Sorry to hear that mate. I only just got sent an SMS yesterday afternoon saying that they had finally dispatched a modem out to me... which I won't even get until Monday since Star Track don't deliver on weekends.

  • 2016-Jul-16, 8:10 am
    midgard2024

    Isho writes...

    Sorry to hear that mate. I only just got sent an SMS yesterday afternoon saying that they had finally dispatched a modem out to me... which I won't even get until Monday since Star Track don't deliver on weekends.

    I did the opposite instead of waiting :) I collected one in store. Sure I had to pay a bit extra for now, going to be reimbursed by the end of the month, at least I am sitting in my room and looking at my gateway max and not have to worry if it comes today, tomorrow or as the support staff say "It may not turn up by the installation date." Hopefully everything goes smooth on the 25th, I also have seen a NBN tech at my node but at the time I don't think my application has been put in yet. Hope everyone else's application and appointment date goes well.

  • 2016-Jul-16, 11:02 am
    mjc24984

    Eagle Vale-ians

    2 tech out at zeolite

    1 tech out at boyd

    update from my father � but he didn't get to chat with them.

  • 2016-Jul-16, 11:02 am
    Sam9

    mjc24984 writes...

    2 tech out at zeolite

    1 tech out at boyd

    Thanx for feeding the hope bro

  • 2016-Jul-16, 1:13 pm
    mjc24984

    Sam9 writes...

    Thanx for feeding the hope bro

    Hoping someone can maybe chat to them if they are around
    but yeah � here's hoping!
    sorted out by the end of the week would be nice

  • 2016-Jul-16, 1:13 pm
    ablecross

    Anyone else having issues with getting connected to TPG NBN?
    I'm almost on day 7 now and yet to receive an email or any correspondence at all. First call was to pass on a message to the original person who took my call.

    Today I called again and was told our phones are playing up you might get cut off and if we do I will call you back. We did get cut off and no one has called me back.

    I can only assume they are super busy with nbm connections.

  • Brroy

    Just an update, Telstra said it would be "within" a week from signup (Wednesday morning last week). And didn't hear anything since until an email received a couple hours ago.

    Telstra: Your NBN Install date (at Glen Alpine) is 2nd of August.

    Not within a week of signing up... But can't complain if they honour that date and it is hooked up on the 2nd. Should be more updates from others in this thread before then too. I also haven't seen anyone touch the node in weeks.

  • Rohit.

    After 23 days of solid uptime of our FTTN connection we suffered multiple dropouts today. Pretty much gateway max modem would connect and then drop connection again. It seems to have stabilised now though.

    But 23 days is pretty good given before we could only manage 4 days before connection used to disconnect.

  • 2016-Jul-16, 8:06 pm
    Isho

    Brroy writes...

    Just an update, Telstra said it would be "within" a week from signup (Wednesday morning last week). And didn't hear anything since until an email received a couple hours ago.

    Telstra: Your NBN Install date (at Glen Alpine) is 2nd of August.

    Not within a week of signing up... But can't complain if they honour that date and it is hooked up on the 2nd. Should be more updates from others in this thread before then too. I also haven't seen anyone touch the node in weeks.

    I knew this would happen to you mate ;).

    Happened to me & midgard2024 as well. Hopefully mine is still set for 22/07/2016, but I'm very doubtful. Wouldn't surprise me if I got pushed back to the 2nd of August either.

    In other news, my modem arrived today. Gives me something to stare at all day I suppose!

  • 2016-Jul-16, 8:06 pm
    Isho

    Just opened my parcel up.... Telstra you silly silly buggers.

    They've sent me a Telstra Gateway Max modem..... one they sent out to me 1-2 months ago when I was having issues with my ADSL2+ connection.

    Looks like I now have 2 identical brand new modems while there's people out there, who need the modem desperately, being placed on back order.

    Sigh.

  • 2016-Jul-16, 9:16 pm
    ZacB

    Gateway max is the only residential vdsl modem they have. Unless you want to get the netgear gateway pro v7610

  • 2016-Jul-16, 9:16 pm
    Rohit.

    Looks like the Telstra congestion is back:

    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5485178929

  • 2016-Jul-28, 3:45 pm
    ISS57L

    4th appointment today. The tech actually showed up!!. But still no dice apparently nothing has been done to fix my dead line. Back to the drawing board I go.

  • 2016-Jul-28, 3:45 pm
    circlesand

    Zeolite/Eagle Vale/19 update.

    No tech and no NBN.

    The short story: I called at 1pm to see what was happening. Was told the tech will be at my place in 40 minutes. Called again at 3:15, tech not coming because the problem outside isn't fixed. Nbn will call you within 24 hours.

  • 2016-Jul-28, 4:29 pm
    mjc24984

    circlesand writes...

    tech not coming because the problem outside isn't fixed.

    painful. i'll be 3 weeks without internet tomorrow.
    wish this would hurry up.

  • 2016-Jul-28, 4:29 pm
    Vicarious Trauma

    Hitlers Hair writes...

    I'm with Telstra. I've had 6 July , 12 July and now waiting till 28 July.

    Service Class: 10 ADA: 2CBT-06-05

    Got hooked up today on 25/5. Getting consistent 23.6/4.8.

    Negative is Gateway max wont let me use alternative DNS and my TP Link switch wont work with it.

  • 2016-Jul-28, 4:34 pm
    Sam9

    circlesand writes...

    Zeolite/Eagle Vale/19 update.

    No tech and no NBN

    That is vey sad to hear.
    We were hoping to hear good news from you.

  • 2016-Jul-28, 4:34 pm
    kgl61

    My daughter at Ruse had a great experience with TPG. They are very close to a node and are getting excellent speeds.

  • 2016-Jul-28, 5:30 pm
    Sam9

    circlesand writes...

    Zeolite/Eagle Vale/19 update.

    No tech and no NBN
    It is becoming frustrating to live without internet. We were better off on ADSL than this ...

    Zeolite/Eagle Vale/19 update.
    Any more update from anyone ?

    The short story: I called at 1pm to see what was happening. Was told the tech will be at my place in 40 minutes. Called again at 3:15, tech not coming because the problem outside isn't fixed. Nbn will call you within 24 hours.

    Has NBN called you? Any good news?

  • 2016-Jul-28, 5:30 pm
    PencilBox

    I called my provider who spoke to nbn, apparently the Zeolite Pl node fault is resolved however we require a technician to 'fix the signal to the house', which will be happening tomorrow.

    I will reply with updates.

  • 2016-Jul-29, 7:50 am
    Sam9

    PencilBox writes...

    I will reply with updates.

    Thanx. Will wait to hear good news from you

  • 2016-Jul-29, 7:50 am
    circlesand

    Sam9 writes...

    It is becoming frustrating to live without internet. We were better off on ADSL than this ...

    Agreed. I would have no problem waiting for the issues to be fixed if they had just kept me on ADSL � perhaps doing a check to see if it was possible before disconnecting me (and anyone else) as it cannot be undone.

    Has NBN called you? Any good news?

    No one has called me. But I did call yesterday and was told there was no update from NBN because that section is not in on weekends.

  • 2016-Jul-29, 8:22 am
    Sam9

    circlesand writes...

    No one has called me. But I did call yesterday and was told there was no update from NBN because that section is not in on weekends.

    I will be calling TPG at my lunch break time.
    I have also lodged complaint with TIO, and TIO has acted on it and contacted TPG.

    I assume that we have to keep chasing up.

  • 2016-Jul-29, 8:22 am
    mjc24984

    circlesand writes...

    Agreed. I would have no problem waiting for the issues to be fixed if they had just kept me on ADSL � perhaps doing a check to see if it was possible before disconnecting me (and anyone else) as it cannot be undone.

    THIS � it makes perfect sense to everyone except for NBN.

  • Isho
    this post was edited

    Finally got connected to the NBN.

    Apparently I don't get connected to the mini-node in front of my house or the other node that's 300m away, but rather to the furthest node away from my house.

    DL speed: 35mbps
    UL speed: 6mbps

    Went up from my previous DL speed of 17mbps on ADSL2+.

    Can't say I'm too thrilled as I was expecting a much faster speed but I guess it's still an upgrade. Currently on the 100/40 plan with Telstra, anyone think they can lower me down as I'm not going to get anywhere near 100?

    The tech didn't even node what the mini-node in front of my house was. He got called down from Queensland for 2 weeks to help out with the area and straight up told me that they had no idea what all these things were.

  • Brroy
    this post was edited

    Glad to hear you got connected though, I wouldn't complain about 35mbps, might get quicker. I haven't seen upload that slow on the nbn so far. Which I need fast upload... currently adsl2 is 8mbps down/0.8mbps up. Which node are you connected to out of interest? The Glen Alpine shops one? 2CBT--09-16 (i think), if it is, then i'm confused why he couldn't hook me up too while he had it open.

    My NBN install date is tomorrow morning (02/08), hoping all goes to plan.

  • 2016-Jul-31, 5:52 pm
    airbornesf

    Isho writes...

    Can't say I'm too thrilled as I was expecting a much faster speed but I guess it's still an upgrade. Currently on the 100/40 plan with Telstra, anyone think they can lower me down as I'm not going to get anywhere near 100?

    It should be a speed boost option on top of the plan, you can disable or enable it month by month

  • 2016-Jul-31, 5:52 pm
    Isho

    Brroy writes...

    Glad to hear you got connected though, I wouldn't complain about 35mbps, might get quicker. I haven't seen upload that slow on the nbn so far. Which I need fast upload... currently adsl2 is 8mbps down/0.8mbps up. Which node are you connected to out of interest? The Glen Alpine shops one? 2CBT--02-16 (i think), if it is, then i'm confused why he couldn't hook me up too while he had it open.

    My NBN install date is tomorrow morning (02/08), hoping all goes to plan.

    Yeah I think I had too much expectation. I should've kept a low expectation from the start and it would've been fine lol. It's just kinda underwhelming.

    I got connected to the node near the golf course.

    Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. Let me know what your speeds are.

    airbornesf writes...

    It should be a speed boost option on top of the plan, you can disable or enable it month by month

    Thanks for the information. Might give a call to Telstra soon.

  • 2016-Aug-1, 7:28 am
    Supernova

    Connected to the NBN in Ruse last Thursday with iiNet. No problems at all, connection on the expected date and router delivered a few days earlier. Compared to my ADSL download speeds around 3 Mbps, I've loving the 20+ connection now!

  • 2016-Aug-1, 7:28 am
    peeky

    Isho writes...

    I got connected to the node near the golf course.

    Hi Isho,

    That is the node i will be connecting to. 2CBT-09_13
    I am in Mount Huon Circuit approx 500 metres from node.
    How far are you from that node? Could you please check on this link?

    https://nbnmtm.carto.com/viz/6ab38cc4-1b74-11e6-a856-0e3ff518bd15/public_map

    It will tell you the Pillar to Premise distance. When you click on the dot for your house you may have to scroll down in the box that pops up.

  • 2016-Aug-1, 7:34 am
    Brroy

    How accurate is that map? It says i'll have 43down/17up, 713metres to pillar. Even though i'm more like 200metres to pillar, although i'll find out tomorrow I guess. My house is a yellow dot too.

    Very strange since I can see the node out my window, must be how the copper is, my adsl is fairly rubbish 8/0.8 so i am not surprised if I get the 43/17 it claims. Which would be a massive improvement.

    One odd thing is that the node is basically at the glen alpine shops, but at the glen alpine shops it's a yellow dot. meaning the copper must jump straight under the road.

    EDIT: I will also be hooked up to the mt huon circuit node, CBTN-164, must be the same one you mentioned.

  • 2016-Aug-1, 7:34 am
    peeky

    Brroy writes...

    EDIT: I will also be hooked up to the mt huon circuit node, CBTN-164, must be the same one you mentioned.

    Hey mate, Just because you can see a node from your house, does not mean that you will connect to that node.I think that when copper services were laid years ago they were in a sought of radial pattern from the pillar.

    "mt huon circuit node, CBTN-164" This is the Pillar number, the node is 2CBT-09-13 and it is only about 2-3 metres from the pillar

  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét