Thứ Sáu, 7 tháng 10, 2016

Sudden issue with P2P? part 1

  • 2008-Jul-26, 3:16 pm
    Muad'Dib

    V i P E R writes...
    Seems to be back again this weekend? I'm a Exetel user and am getting the 'host not found' error.

    Not an Exetel things heaps of others all around the world are getting the same error.

  • 2008-Jul-26, 3:16 pm
    sweetchuk
    this post was edited

    Yep, same thing here � using uTorrent 1.8 � problem started a week or so ago while I was using uTorrent 1.7.6, then upgraded to 1.7.7, problem still there so upped to latest version 1.8, but still have issues.

    I actually switched modems from a Dynalink RTA1335 to a Web Excel AL2108P because I thought the modem was stuffed, but little seems to have come of it.

    I've tried switching off NOD32 while torrenting (rather than completely uninstalling it as advised by a uTorrent rep) and while this has seen the PC not freezing anymore nor the usual resultant loss of browsing and the need to reboot after 10 � 20 minutes of torrentng, I'm not entirely convinced turning NOD32 off while torrenting, or replacing the Modem, has contributed � who knows?
    No other application is running other than uTorrent during Off Peak, so I cannot see how it would be a conflict with any other program?

    No matter, the red torrent arrows are still there, and the Network Status icons seem to switch between Green Tick and Yellow Triangle status every two or three minutes.
    Then again, I could have stuffed up my configuration in the new Web Excel Modem (I followed the Config Wizard to the letter though), which is why I have played out the entire config of the Web Excel in the uTorrent Forums, together with screenshots of the actual problem.

    The weird thing is, in my situation at least, SPEED IS NOT AFFECTED anymore after changing Modem and turning off NOD32 � just the Torrent arrows (they turn Red rather than staying Blue)and Connection status indicator icons (which switch between a Green Tick and a Yellow Triangle)!!

    Before, the speed would decrease gradually until all torrenting stopped and all browsing functions were similrly affected, and I'd have to reboot the PC to regain proper function.
    Then the cycle would start all over again once uTorrent was opened.

    If any learned people from here would care to cast an eye over the post, and perhaps offer any solution if Modem config is the problem, I'd be most appreciative.

    The link is here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=43330

  • Muad'Dib

    sweetchuk writes...�

    Then the cycle would start all over again once uTorrent was opened.

    Try another client.

    http://www.vuze.com/Download.html

  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét