Thứ Năm, 6 tháng 10, 2016

DIDLogic customer Discussion part 1

  • 2012-Dec-9, 4:02 pm
    blisslove

    Slowly Ned writes...

    Hmmm. My East Coast VSP SIP pings are typically 20-40 msec, but pinging sip.didlogic.net gives 340-350 msec though! :-(

    ... 13 hops to didlogic in Germany. Among them being.
    Have you tried to ping Sydney server : syd01.media.au.didlogic.net ?

    My ping times to Sydney server are 40-43 msec from ADSL2+ and 78-80 msec from Telstra 3G.

  • 2012-Dec-9, 4:02 pm
    Slowly Ned
    this post was edited

    blisslove writes...

    Have you tried to ping Sydney server : syd01.media.au.didlogic.net ?

    Yes, tried most of the day � on and off. Won't resolve to an IP address.

    Edit: .... Including rebooting modem, router, PC.

  • Robnll

    ozimarco writes...

    Click on My Account up top, then Edit Profile

    Got it thanks. I normally give profiles a miss so I ended up in Afghanistan (first drop down).

  • Robnll

    Slowly Ned writes...

    Won't resolve to an IP address.

    Just use 27.50.90.165 that is working for me. With such a long domain number you only need a comma instead of a full stop or and extra space and it wont resolve.Also if your sip client has too many false attempts to register you are locked out for 3 hours.

  • 2012-Dec-9, 4:11 pm
    blisslove

    Slowly Ned writes...

    Ned...

    Yes, tried most of the day � on and off. Won't resolve to an IP address.

    Edit: .... Including rebooting modem, router, PC.

    I don't have any issue to ping their Sydney server. Prob, they are changing some configurations on their server. We might have to wait for a couple of days for their server settle down .

  • 2012-Dec-9, 4:11 pm
    ozimarco

    blisslove writes...

    I don't have any issue to ping their Sydney server.

    I can ping it from Perth no worries. I'm getting 77ms.

  • 2012-Dec-9, 4:17 pm
    Slowly Ned

    Robnll writes...

    Just use 27.50.90.165 that is working for me...

    That's better! Thanks for that, Robnll.

    I've just given it a bit of a thrash. Pings range 24-1576(!!) msec for a big mob of pings � perhaps 350+ or so in 8-10 long groups on 2 different PCs. A couple of packets lost in addition to 3 pings > 1000 msec too.

    Mostly 24-29 msec without the above major hesitations or packet losses

    This is over Optus cable which is normally quick. Don't ever remember dropped packets on SIP pings before. Certainly not so many in one sitting

    With such a long domain number you only need a comma instead of a full stop or and extra space and it wont resolve.

    Must admit that's quite possible, Robnll, but I had so many goes at it even I should've fluked a correct one :-)

    Also if your sip client has too many false attempts to register you are locked out for 3 hours.

    Not got as far as registering � nor opening an account. Initially just attempting pinging from 2 different machines spread over many hours to see what the response was first. Think I'll wait a bit ... got enough accounts to go on with at the moment, but research is always good.

  • 2012-Dec-9, 4:17 pm
    Phil L. at DIDLogic
    O.P.

    Slowly Ned writes...

    Initially just attempting pinging from 2 different machines spread over many hours to see what the response was first.

    Hello Slowly Ned. If you PM me your source IP then I will be able to check the route between your Optus endpoint and our Sydney IP and see what needs to be done to correct that routing issue.

    For users in Perth/Adelaide, accessing our Singapore proxy may make more sense for international destinations. Australia-Singapore Cable and SEA-ME-WE 3 international cable landings are in Perth. If you are dialing non-Australian numbers from West Coast, media has to go to Sydney (~75 ms), then loop back to Perth across the continent to hop on the AU-Singapore route and before it hits the incumbent LECs in APAC.

    We will be launching Singapore-based SIP proxy service soon. Equinix in Singapore is our interconnect point for calls going from Australia to destinations in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan and most of the Middle East. Perth harbor is where that traffic leaves the Australian soil. For calls to North and South America, Sydney is where it hops on the Southern Cross cable to California.

    The ability to choose between Singapore and Sydney, based on perceivable latency in the conversation and call clarity, will improve things for everyone in AU and NZ with international calling (for users in New Zealand, the same Southern Cross situation applies).

  • ozimarco

    Phil L. at DIDLogic writes...

    The ability to choose between Singapore and Sydney, based on perceivable latency in the conversation and call clarity, will improve things for everyone in AU

    That's interesting for us as we live near Perth and call Malaysia almost daily. A bit less latency is always welcome. I'll keep an eye on Twitter for the launch of your Singapore proxy.

  • Phil L. at DIDLogic
    O.P.

    VOCUS edge in Perth to sgw.equinix.com = 130 ms; another 5-10 ms from Singapore to Celcom in Malaysia.

    Perth to Sydney 80 ms, Sydney to Perth 80 ms again, plus 130 ms to Malaysia.

    We're talking 130 ms vs 290 ms improvement here.

  • ozimarco

    Phil L. at DIDLogic writes...

    We're talking 130 ms vs 290 ms improvement here.

    Yup, that should make for a much smoother conversation, not so much talking over each other.

  • Colin 2905
    this post was edited

    blisslove writes...

    If I can use my mobile number as caller id would be better. ;)

    You can if you're using Asterisk, etc, as per one of Phil's posts on the first page, and the web site.

    Phil has enabled CLI passthrough on my account, and for the tests that I've been able to do so far, it works as advertised. :)

    EDIT: My tests this morning were only to a few mobile numbers that I have, and they all showed the expected CLI. However, now that I've had time to test to my landline and assorted DID's, thing's aren't looking so good.....

    To my Canberra landline: No number, and the "overseas" flag is set.

    To my Gold Coast, Sydney, Nowra, Canberra and Melbourne DID's: No number and "anonymous".

    To my US 1-888 DID: No number and "unknown".

    To my Hartlepool, UK DID: This was the only one that worked as expected.

  • 2012-Dec-9, 4:57 pm
    ozimarco

    Colin 2905 writes...

    You can if you're using Asterisk

    Yes, the way Didlogic works at the moment is ideal for Asterisk users but not so good for the average VoIP user who wants to display their PSTN number.

    It'll be interesting to see if Didlogic will be able to adapt their offering more specifically to the Australian market. The fact that they are going to have a Perth proxy has made me decide to renew my sipsorcery subscription for another year so I can have a play when the proxy becomes active. Btw, I would love to see some of the main players in the Aussie market to provide a Perth proxy as well. For Australian calls, the eastern states servers are not a problem for us here in Perth, but for calls to Asia, the lag is annoying, although calls are still perfectly usable.

  • 2012-Dec-9, 4:57 pm
    Robnll

    ozimarco writes...

    I can't imagine the look on my wife's face if I told her she would have to dial 6189571xxxx to ring the neighbour.

    Doesnt help everyone but its not hard to add a prefix in your gigaset so you only need to dial xxxxxxxx as usual for your own state. No good using the same provider in calling anywhere else though as dial plan is too restrictive.

  • 2012-Dec-10, 12:49 am
    lmn

    My wife just made our first call with DID Logic. I don't know where the problem was, but there was significant delay and breaking up. The call was from Brisbane (CSipSimple over home WiFi) to a Telstra mobile at Noosa. Although syd01 was specified, I wonder if in fact the call went via overseas.

  • 2012-Dec-10, 12:49 am
    Robnll

    lmn writes...

    Although syd01 was specified, I wonder if in fact the call went via overseas.

    Hi Imn I dont think that would be the case. Some vsp's such as PT and MNF use a media intermediary server which is physically different ( different IP ) to their sip proxy and could be located anywhere. Didlogic uses an asterisk pbx and the media server has the same ip as their sip proxy.It would be interesting to see if the delay is consistent . I have made a few calls but they were good quality. Also we have family in the US who are with mnf and our calls are consistently good quality so distance and the location of a media server doesnt mean much.

  • 2012-Dec-10, 1:27 am
    lmn

    Robnll writes...

    I dont think that would be the case.

    Hi Rob. Thank you for replying. I guess I was prompted to think along the lines I did by this comment:

    Slowly Ned writes...

    If didlogic have a SIP server in Sydney then, for me, it's being bypassed by the routing tables and is much, much longer than to, say, MNF's SIP server (currently 23 msec) which I understand is located in Sydney too.

    Anyway, we'll see what future calls are like. Maybe I'll try calling directly from SJphone on my PC. I can't set up DID Logic on an ATA as I still (very happily) use my essentially free locked MNF Netgear WGR613V in WAN bypass mode with VoIP re-enabled. (Thank you once again for your help with that.)

  • 2012-Dec-10, 1:27 am
    blisslove
    this post was edited

    Is their Sydney server down? I'm getting the wrong username/password error when I used their Sydney server but no issue with sip.did logic.net.

    Edited:it's working now after created a new sip account.

  • 2012-Dec-10, 2:36 am
    _sync_

    Robnll writes...

    I dont think that would be the case.

    I believe Imn's could of been suggesting that DIDlogic could be routing the actual call internationally (ie to a supplier in maybe Hong Kong and that supplier would in return rout it back to Australia), which could very well be the case if quality to certain destinations isn't so good.

    Would be interesting in knowing who DIDlogic use to terminate locally (if they do).

  • 2012-Dec-10, 2:36 am
    ozimarco

    At the moment, I have Didlogic set up as a trunk on Sipsorcery. Outgoing calls work fine but I'm not happy about the 'Anonymous' Caller ID. All Australian VSPs allow me to overstamp with my PSTN or DID numbers. I know that a lot of people don't even answer anonymous numbers. I think custom caller ID is a 'must have' for any VSP. I really hope Didlogic will come to the party on this.

  • 2013-Jul-3, 4:50 pm
    Igortsky

    lmn writes...

    I'd suggest contacting Support.

    Thanks, just emailed support and will wait and see if they approve it.

  • 2013-Jul-3, 4:50 pm
    Major Lurker

    Been testing out the system, seems to work really well (once I ironed out my head!!)

    Just one thing I have noticed during the testing is that the call charge starts when the connection is made, not when the caller answers. Now this might be a standard thing because I have not been able to watch this happen in the past. Just a comment, it's not really bothering me.

  • 2013-Jul-3, 9:35 pm
    Igortsky
    this post was edited

    Anyone having registration problems this morning? My asterisk box can't register to syd01.media.au.didlogic.net and when I try with the Fritzbox it looks like it's registered but no outgoing calls possible.

    Edit: Changed to sip.didlogic.com and it's working again.

  • 2013-Jul-3, 9:35 pm
    Major Lurker

    Igortsky writes...

    Anyone having registration problems this morning

    Just tried it here, and all OK as far as making calls, and showing as registered on my Elastix box (interestingly it does not show me as registered on the DID Logic portal though)

  • jarw

    Major Lurker writes...

    interestingly it does not show me as registered on the DID Logic portal though

    The portal is known to be faulty and rarely shows registrations correctly.

  • Major Lurker

    jarw writes...

    jarw...

    The portal is known to be faulty and rarely shows registrations correctly.

    Yea thanks, I kind of figured as such. It does show up calls extremely quickly though!

  • amiens

    With didlogic's WEBCALL, do you have to wait for your phone to stop ringing as an indication that the other person has answered their phone? So this means when you call someone, you'll never hear their first words? Is that how it works?

  • VK2XXY

    amiens writes...

    With didlogic's WEBCALL,

    I thought you pick up your phone while it's ringing then the other persons phone starts ringing.

    I might be wrong.

  • 2013-Jul-4, 12:08 pm
    blisslove

    Has anyone succeed to use mobile number as caller ID? I tried it from AsteriskNow but wouldn't work.

  • 2013-Jul-4, 12:08 pm
    ceghphel

    Boy am I pleased I discovered DIDLogic.
    We have family members in Europe at the moment who have one of those terrible TravelSIMs with an Estonian +372 "Topconnect" mobile number.

    DIDLogic are by far the cheapest at US 28.04c/min

  • 2013-Jul-4, 12:14 pm
    VK2XXY

    blisslove writes...

    Has anyone succeed to use mobile number as caller ID? I tried it from AsteriskNow but wouldn't work.

    Did you email support and ask for callerID pass through?

    Does it work with land line numbers?

    It worked for me with sip.didlogic but not with the syd proxy. I swapped it back then back again and it came good.

    Using Asterisk with FreePBX.

  • 2013-Jul-4, 12:14 pm
    jarw

    blisslove writes...

    Has anyone succeed to use mobile number as caller ID? I tried it from AsteriskNow but wouldn't work.

    Yes I have from Asterisk.

    I assume you have got didlogic to enable you to be able to set your own caller id?

  • 2013-Jul-5, 9:35 am
    blisslove
    this post was edited

    VK2XXY writes...

    Did you email support and ask for callerID pass through?

    Yes, I did and got a "Done" replied email from them.

    Does it work with land line numbers?

    I haven't tried it yet.

    It worked for me with sip.didlogic but not with the syd proxy. I swapped it back then back again and it came good.
    I tried both server but just wouldnt work.

    I followed the exact instructions from their website as well.
    Not really a bit deal though. It would be better if I ccould use my mobile number as caller ID.

    Cheers

  • 2013-Jul-5, 9:35 am
    VK2XXY

    blisslove writes...

    I followed the exact instructions from their website as well.

    Example of what works for me...

    http://i.imgur.com/vtTRTUu.png

  • 2013-Jul-5, 9:41 am
    blisslove

    Yes, I did the same configuration but didn't work for me. I'll try it again later.

    Cheers!

    VK2XXY writes...

    Example of what works for me...

    http://i.imgur.com/vtTRTUu.png

  • 2013-Jul-5, 9:41 am
    sweetpea

    DeKa writes...

    Boy am I pleased I discovered DIDLogic.
    We have family members in Europe at the moment who have one of those terrible TravelSIMs with an Estonian +372 "Topconnect" mobile number.

    DIDLogic are by far the cheapest at US 28.04c/min

    We have been using TravelSIMs for the past three or four years and find them fantastic.

    You get off a plane, train or bus in a new country and you have a working phone without having to pay extortionate Global Roaming charges of the Australian telcos.

    And I am contactable in any country again without paying global roaming rates.

    There is a cost to the convenience and safety.

    Until the AU dollar took a dive, Pennytel at $AU0.29 cents per minute with per second billing was a similar price.

    S.

  • 2013-Jul-5, 10:35 am
    ceghphel

    sweetpea writes...

    We have been using TravelSIMs for the past three or four years and find them fantastic.

    Really? I hate them and always recommend local SIMs or the ekit roaming SIMs with +44 or +1 phone numbers as calls to them are so much cheaper than travelsim's +372 numbers.

    Unfortunately I can't help what family members choose.

  • 2013-Jul-5, 10:35 am
    Highl&r

    sweetpea writes...

    We have been using TravelSIMs for the past three or four years and find them fantastic.

    My daughter bought one in February when she traveled to South America. I tried three different VSPs. No VSP wanted to connect to TravelSIM and DIDlogic was one of them. Only Skype Out was working. So, I'm pleasantly surprised that DIDlogic works with TravelSIM.

  • 2013-Jul-5, 11:03 am
    ceghphel

    Highl&r writes...

    My daughter bought one in February when she traveled to South America. I tried three different VSPs. No VSP wanted to connect to TravelSIM and DIDlogic was one of them. Only Skype Out was working. So, I'm pleasantly surprised that DIDlogic works with TravelSIM.

    You have to contact support and increase your max per minute rate. You also must have at least 10 mins worth of call value in your account.

  • 2013-Jul-5, 11:03 am
    Highl&r

    Wasn't aware of max per minute rate.
    When I inquired about connections to TravelSIM I was told that problem was with profit splitting. TravelSIM wasn't willing to offer compromise so VSP refused to connect. Seems to be resolved.

  • 2013-Dec-29, 8:13 pm
    ozimarco

    terryjay writes...

    You showed me in another thread that is why my DIDLogic service was not able to make calls, it was not the service but me, the operator not knowing how to dial a number.....once you told me the format it worked perfectly.

    I contacted Didlogic about this problem for Australian users. They are fully aware of the issue and are treating it as an important matter. They said that local dial plans will soon be available in the form of a simple dropdown menu where we'll be able to select "Australia", "New Zealand", "US/Canada", "UK". They indicated that this should be deployed in about 2 to 3 weeks and they are working to make it available as soon as possible.

    I replied and asked if, for Australian users, they could make it so that we can select our state (the way Pennytel does it). This would make Didlogic a lot more user-friendly to Australian users. Once you have selected your state, you would be able to dial numbers in the accepted Australian format, the one telcos like Telstra and Optus use.

  • 2013-Dec-29, 8:13 pm
    hampered

    Be great when it does come in. I would probably just use DID logic for everything rather than the 4 VSP's I currently use. And I wouldn't put the home phone on DID Logic without it, there's no way I can convince everyone to dial E164 format on that!

  • 2013-Dec-29, 9:17 pm
    Finite State Machine

    Why not set up a dial plan to translate numbers to e.164 format? As a nice little bonus, it will also play nicely with SIP Broker.

  • 2013-Dec-29, 9:17 pm
    terryjay

    hampered writes...

    Be great when it does come in.

    Amen to that.

    I would probably just use DID logic for everything rather than the 4 VSP's I currently use.

    Agree, I'm currently using a big mix of VSP's to acieve the best cost per call.

    And I wouldn't put the home phone on DID Logic without it, there's no way I can convince everyone to dial E164 format on that!

    Same here, fortunately the dial plan in my Gigaset A580IP allows the various calls to be seamlessly directed to the required VSP, but convincing the wife to use E164 would not be an option.

    Terry

  • 2013-Dec-30, 5:25 am
    hampered

    Finite State Machine writes...

    Why not set up a dial plan to translate numbers to e.164 format?

    I have Siemens C470IP and they don't allow that as far as I can see

  • 2013-Dec-30, 5:25 am
    ozimarco

    Finite State Machine writes...

    Why not set up a dial plan to translate numbers to e.164 format? As a nice little bonus, it will also play nicely with SIP Broker.

    That's OK for those who have the equipment that allows this plus the knowledge of how to do it. The Gigasets, for example, have limited dial plans. Many new users do not want to know about dial plans. They just want the phone to work, as it does with other Aussie VSPs. There is no doubt that Didlogic's current lack of internal dial plans is a stumbling block for many people, one they wouldn't encounter if they used an Australian VSP. As soon as DL allow for local dial plans, this stumbling block will disappear, although new users will still need to be made aware that they will have to choose a local dial plan in the portal after signing up.

  • 2013-Dec-30, 7:02 am
    ceghphel

    ozimarco writes...

    I contacted Didlogic about this problem for Australian users.

    They indicated that this should be deployed in about 2 to 3 weeks and they are working to make it available as soon as possible.

    Thanks for doing this ozimarco. Fingers crossed they implement the state based selection as you suggested.

  • 2013-Dec-30, 7:02 am
    Robnll

    terryjay writes...

    but convincing the wife to use E164 would not be an option.

    Or anyone else for that matter but you can setup a dial plan in a gigaset for E164 dialling but you can only use it for one group of calls. EG I use it for dialling all nsw calls . It adds a 612 prefix to all called numbers starting with 9 etc.

  • 2013-Dec-30, 7:58 am
    plugger2
    this post was edited

    I was testing out some DIDlogic dial plans this morning, and everything works fine, translating to e164 isn't a problem on my equipment, but what appears to be an annoying limitation is the inability to set the CLI (caller identification number) to my home phone landline number, as I have it set up for PT (which is my default VSP for Oz mobile calls at the moment.)

    A quick look at the FAQ was discouraging:

    DIDLogic FAQ writes...

    We do not offer passthrough CLI for the majority of SIP accounts. Under normal circumstances, your caller ID should be changed by using your didlogic.com account controls (DID numbers in your "caller ID" dropdown list). Certain business customers may be eligible for custom CLI option if they absolutely require sending their existing numbers as CLI, or passing through the Caller ID information of the forwarded call. Before you can transmit your own custom CLI to the PSTN networks, your organization will need to provide proof of physical location (your electricity, water, natural gas or building society bill that arrives via postal mail � no PDFs, no screenshots, and no electronic bills are accepted).

    Ugh.

    Editing my SIP set-up details, there is a drop-down box labeled "Caller ID:".

    The only option it offers is "No callerID".

    As I said, doesn't look auspicious.

    Anyone managed to get a CLI set? My calls are going out as "Private number" when dialling through DIDlogic at the moment. Not great. I don't have (and have no intention of acquiring) a DIDlogic DID number.

  • 2013-Dec-30, 7:58 am
    ceghphel

    plugger2 writes...

    Anyone managed to get a CLI set? My calls are going out as "Private number" when dialling through DIDlogic at the moment. Not great. I don't have (and have no intention of acquiring) a DIDlogic DID number.

    Are you using Asterisk? If so ask them to enable you to send your outbound CID.

    If not, just email them with the request and proof of use of the number (e.g. phone bill) and they set it up as a "Virtual Number" on the Purchased tab � you can then assign it to any of your SIP connections.

  • 2013-Dec-30, 9:40 am
    plugger2

    ceghphel writes...

    Are you using Asterisk? If so ask them to enable you to send your outbound CID.

    No.

    If not, just email them with the request and proof of use of the number (e.g. phone bill) and they set it up as a "Virtual Number" on the Purchased tab � you can then assign it to any of your SIP connections.

    Sounds a bit more encouraging. I'll try that and see how I go. Thanks!

  • 2013-Dec-30, 9:40 am
    StephenH

    plugger2 writes...

    Anyone managed to get a CLI set?

    Yep, they did it for me in a couple of emails, along with the per-second billing ...

    Have found them great to deal with.

    StephenH

  • 2014-Jan-1, 10:16 am
    plugger2

    StephenH writes...

    Yep, they did it for me in a couple of emails, along with the per-second billing ...

    Have found them great to deal with.

    Excellent to hear! I've just sent an email with my most recent telco invoice attached, we'll see how we go. Cheers!

  • 2014-Jan-1, 10:16 am
    ceghphel

    plugger2 writes...

    Excellent to hear! I've just sent an email with my most recent telco invoice attached, we'll see how we go. Cheers!

    I did it for a landline and a number of mobile phones too. Those mobiles run Acrobits Softphone, and have their own SIP account in DIDLogic .. perfect for calling outbound via wifi when overseas, but still having your caller ID show up.

  • 2014-Jan-1, 11:01 am
    ozimarco

    plugger2 writes...

    I've just sent an email with my most recent telco invoice attached, we'll see how we go. Cheers!

    Sorry I am a bit late to the party. They did it for me, too, after I sent them an email with a copy of a Telstra invoice.

  • 2014-Jan-1, 11:01 am
    Jason@M

    Anyone tried fax over ip yet with DID Logic?
    Couldn't see anyone talking about it thus far.
    Thanks. :)

  • plugger2

    ozimarco writes...

    Sorry I am a bit late to the party. They did it for me, too, after I sent them an email with a copy of a Telstra invoice.

    Well, now they've done it for me too. I'm impressed! That's great service.

    I think I may start using DIDlogic sooner rather than later as my new default Oz mobile provider...

  • Whatsit

    Sounds promising, I can't even get past the Create a new DID Logic Account step, The [CREATE ACCOUNT] button does nothing :(

  • 2014-Jan-2, 4:34 pm
    tisah

    Whatsit writes...

    Sounds promising

    I had no trouble.. hehehe.. The website has help (if you can find it)

  • 2014-Jan-2, 4:34 pm
    plugger2

    plugger2 writes...

    I think I may start using DIDlogic sooner rather than later as my new default Oz mobile provider...

    Done. I've cut over the dial plans from PT to DIDlogic this morning � wife made first call before I had a chance to tell her I'd changed anything � everything looks good.

    Call was 3:44 duration, charge of $0.3052, showing a billing rate of $0.0013625/sec, or $0.08175/min (USD, of course). Call quality was fine.

    WAF test passed with flying colours! :-)

    Must admit, a bit sad about leaving PT behind, we'd had a great run, but time to move on, I think. And as Humphrey Bogart famously said to Claude Rains, "Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." :-)

    Thanks to everyone (DIDlogic included) for your help getting things smoothed over that last hurdle!

  • 2014-Feb-7, 10:11 pm
    m�bius

    I signed up for an account and for the life of me can't get calls working.

    I try to callout and all i get is a busy tone.

    All my settings appear correct, anyone have any ideas?

  • 2014-Feb-7, 10:11 pm
    ozimarco

    m�bius writes...

    All my settings appear correct, anyone have any ideas?

    Do you mind telling us what device you use and what your settings are? Without that, we are just stabbing in the dark.

  • 2014-Feb-7, 10:53 pm
    Reiai

    Might be the server settings? I successfully registered with sip.au.didlogic.net at first, but calls wouldn't work. Changing to syd01.media.au.didlogic.net seemed to do the trick.

  • 2014-Feb-7, 10:53 pm
    Highl&r

    m�bius writes...

    I try to callout and all i get is a busy tone.

    All my settings appear correct, anyone have any ideas?

    Perhaps this?

    The format of the target number must be E164. Forwarding to 00 or 011 in front will not work. You need to forward the DID number using the international format, with country code, area code and number (1 for NANPA countries). Forwarding to US/Canada requires a "1" in front � 12125551212 for example, and NOT 2125551212. German numbers are 49XXXXXXXXX and NOT 0049XXXXXXXXX and so on.

  • 2014-Feb-8, 12:39 pm
    Bildo
    this post was edited

    Whatsit writes...

    Absolutely � and will continue to do so whilst they're being spoon-fed.

    The bastards!!! : )

    My surprise was more at the fact that users actually purchase VOIP equipment that doesn't allow dial-plans (an essential part of the VOIP system).

    I have been a Voip user for quite a few years and never used a dial plan. In fact i just looked up what it means. So it is obviously not essential.

    Maybe i am more fortunate than some by being able to afford the $5 per month for a very reliable Voip service, and the odd 25c every blue moon, for the occasional 1300 call ,without having to stuff around with multiple providers and accounts, dialling prefixs etc.

    To use a Marcoism 'my heart goes out to' those of you who need to scrimp and save to be able to afford Voip or have nothing better to do with your life. ; )

  • 2014-Feb-8, 12:39 pm
    Highl&r

    Bildo writes...

    'my heart goes out to' those of you who need to scrimp and save to be able to afford Voip

    Take care of cents, dollars will look after themselves.

  • 2014-Feb-8, 1:07 pm
    ozimarco

    Bildo writes...

    or have nothing better to do with your life. ; )

    We all need a hobby. For some, that is VoIP. Horses for courses. When it comes to occupying your time, there is no better or worse. Some lke jumping out of aeroplanes or surfing or watching footy or reading or knitting... the list goes on. For me it is VoIP.

  • 2014-Feb-8, 1:07 pm
    m�bius

    ozimarco writes...

    Do you mind telling us what device you use and what your settings are? Without that, we are just stabbing in the dark.

    Using a Billion 7401VGPR3

    Expire(seconds): 3600
    Outbound Proxy Port: 5060
    Registrar Address(or Hostname): media.au.didlogic.net
    User Domain/Realm: media.au.didlogic.net
    Phone Number: My didlogic SIP user name
    Registrar Port: 5060
    Outbound Proxy Address: media.au.didlogic.net
    Username: My didlogic SIP user name
    Password: My didlogic SIP password

    Server side i just created a default SIP.

    Reiai writes...

    Might be the server settings? I successfully registered with sip.au.didlogic.net at first, but calls wouldn't work. Changing to syd01.media.au.didlogic.net seemed to do the trick.

    Tried changing, same end results.

    Also tried deleting the old SIP and creating a new one, again same busy tone.

    Highl&r writes...

    Perhaps this?

    I believe i am dialing the right way?

    Calling an overseas mobile number in Romania, so i am dialing 61 first then the mobile number correct?

  • ceghphel

    m�bius writes...

    Calling an overseas mobile number in Romania, so i am dialing 61 first then the mobile number correct?

    No, that is not e164 format.

    You would dial 61 for Australia eg 61411111111

    For Romania you'd dial 40 and the number (drop the first zero)

  • Highl&r

    ceghphel writes...

    No, that is not e164 format.

    It is right format, just wrong country code :)

    mobius, in your DIDLogic profile check also what is your max rate for the call and compare to rate to Romania. It is under SIP tab. If the max rate is lower than the rate for the country you are calling connection will drop. You'll need to send email to support and ask them to increase max rate to appropriate level.

  • 2014-Feb-8, 3:07 pm
    Whatsit
    this post was edited

    Bildo writes...

    So it is obviously not essential ...

    Had you have looked a little further you might have learned that it is essential, since the full international number is actually required for each system.
    The fact that the VSPs you pick, apply the dial plan for you, does not negate the necessity for one.

    Maybe i am more fortunate than some by being able to afford the $5 per month for a very reliable Voip service

    Or maybe just one of the unfortunates not capable of tapping in the couple of rules required for yourself, in order to help keep VOIP prices lower? I guess we'll never really know (or care). ROFL

    my heart goes out to' those of you who need to scrimp and save to be able to afford Voip or have nothing better to do with your life. ; )

    Strange comment, considering your previous statement places you in the latter of the two categories, since you apparently don't use VOIP out of necessity ;)

  • 2014-Feb-8, 3:07 pm
    m�bius

    ceghphel writes...

    No, that is not e164 format.
    You would dial 61 for Australia eg 61411111111
    For Romania you'd dial 40 and the number (drop the first zero)

    Ahh yes, i have been dialing 40 (61 is a typo :P), still get the busy tone though.

    Highl&r writes...

    It is under SIP tab. If the max rate is lower than the rate for the country you are calling connection will drop. You'll need to send email to support and ask them to increase max rate to appropriate l"]

    Rate is 0.18c, so i am fine.

    Any other ideas?

  • 2014-Feb-8, 4:26 pm
    VK2XXY

    m�bius writes...

    Calling an overseas mobile number in Romania, so i am dialing 61 first then the mobile number correct?

    Is Romania a VoIP fraud hotspot?

  • 2014-Feb-8, 4:26 pm
    m�bius

    VK2XXY writes...

    Is Romania a VoIP fraud hotspot?

    Not sure, but i wouldn't be surprised.

  • 2014-Feb-8, 4:54 pm
    Toto

    m�bius writes...

    Not sure, but i wouldn't be surprised.

    So is it all calls that don't work or just Romanian mobiles?

  • 2014-Feb-8, 4:54 pm
    m�bius

    So is it all calls that don't work or just Romanian mobiles?

    All calls, have tried AUS landline, mobile, US landline.

    All return the busy tone.

  • 2014-Feb-8, 5:15 pm
    ceghphel

    m�bius writes...

    Using a Billion 7401VGPR3

    Expire(seconds): 3600
    Outbound Proxy Port: 5060
    Registrar Address(or Hostname): media.au.didlogic.net
    User Domain/Realm: media.au.didlogic.net
    Phone Number: My didlogic SIP user name
    Registrar Port: 5060
    Outbound Proxy Address: media.au.didlogic.net
    Username: My didlogic SIP user name
    Password: My didlogic SIP password

    m�bius writes...

    All calls, have tried AUS landline, mobile, US landline.

    All return the busy tone.

    That's not the right server... are you registering successfully? Either way, I think you should be using sip.au.didlogic.net

  • 2014-Feb-8, 5:15 pm
    m�bius

    ceghphel writes...

    That's not the right server... are you registering successfully? Either way, I think you should be using sip.au.didlogic.net

    Ye i am using the sip.au.didlogic.net server.

    Still getting busy tone, i've redone all the settings, redone the server side settings and still nothing.

    Sent support an email, but other then that i am lost why its not working.

  • 2014-Feb-8, 5:39 pm
    pedrov

    m�bius writes...

    Still getting busy tone, i've redone all the settings, redone the server side settings and still nothing.

    Just setup DIDLogic in about a minute on my home list of VSP's. Works fine.
    I find I get busy signal only if the number being dialled is the incorrect format for e164.
    Eg, I get a busy tone if I dial the number with 00 prefix, etc.

    Maybe you have some kind of dialling plan set which is adjusting your dialled number on the way through? Maybe it is trying to add a local area code or something?

    Just a thought.

  • 2014-Feb-8, 5:39 pm
    pesawat

    Also, what codecs are enabled and what priority are they in?

    Can you check the logs in the Billion to find out what is the problem? Copy them to pastebin.com or something and link here.

    Don't forget to remove any usernames etc.

  • Finite State Machine

    The extra latency may bug you, but a better question if you ask me is, why aren't they using a local media gateway?

    How can they claim "premium connectivity", "Managed routes, "end to end control", "premium voice routing" if they require customers to use possibly congested international links to reach their media gateways?

    That helps explain why their prices don't depend on the country you are calling from.

    I am ... disappointed.

  • Pikey18

    I am using a scenic route to get to the media server as well:

    Tracing route to sng02.media.sg.didlogic.net [192.170.159.195] with TTL of 32:

    1 0ms 0ms 0ms router
    2 17ms 16ms 16ms 172.18.113.129
    3 17ms 17ms 17ms 172.18.92.214
    4 17ms 17ms 17ms ken-edge902sydney.lnk.telstra.net [139.130.190.173]
    5 17ms 20ms 20ms bundle-ether14.ken-core4.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.11.96]
    6 19ms 20ms 20ms bundle-ether1.pad-gw2.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.6.29]
    7 20ms 21ms 20ms tengigabitethernet1-0.sydp-core02.sydney.reach.com [203.50.13.46]
    8 134ms 132ms 131ms i-0-5-0-2.siko-core03.bx.telstraglobal.net [202.84.141.234]
    9 131ms 132ms 131ms i-0-3-1-5-405-peer.siko02.pr.telstraglobal.net [134.159.125.89]
    10 130ms 130ms 130ms anc-peer.siko02.pr.telstraglobal.net [134.159.125.90]
    11 131ms 130ms 130ms gi0-0-0.cr2.nrt1.asianetcom.net [202.147.1.58]
    12 182ms 183ms 180ms te0-2-0-1.wr1.sin0.asianetcom.net [61.14.157.157]
    13 182ms 184ms 183ms te0-0-4-0.wr2.sin0.asianetcom.net [61.14.157.38]
    14 180ms 184ms 180ms gi6-0-0.gw2.sin1.asianetcom.net [61.14.157.114]
    15 180ms 180ms 180ms gi14-0-0.gw5.sin1.asianetcom.net [202.147.48.122]
    16 162ms 162ms 162ms inh-0009.asianetcom.net [202.147.33.78]
    17 163ms 162ms 162ms 202.58.11.250
    18 162ms 162ms 161ms sng02.media.sg.didlogic.net [192.170.159.195]

    Traceroute complete.

  • 2014-Jun-15, 12:24 pm
    Pikey18

    Just going back through old things and noticed that I have previously gone via a media server in NSW:

    Tracing route to 154.103.0.101.static.digitalpacific.com.au [101.0.103.154] with TTL of 32:

    1 0ms 0ms 0ms router
    2 17ms 17ms 17ms 172.18.113.129
    3 17ms 17ms 17ms 172.18.92.214
    4 17ms 25ms 17ms ken-edge902sydney.lnk.telstra.net [139.130.190.173]
    5 18ms 18ms 19ms bundle-ether14.ken-core4.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.11.96]
    6 17ms 16ms 17ms tengigabitethernet7-1.ult2.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.20.51]
    7 17ms 17ms 18ms nttaus1.lnk.telstra.net [139.130.74.6]
    8 20ms 17ms 17ms 202.68.65.21
    9 17ms 17ms 17ms ge-1-0-9-1055.a00.sydnau02.au.ra.gin.ntt.net [202.68.66.210]
    10 21ms 18ms 18ms vlan-1333.csw02.eqsy3.digitalpacific.com.au [101.0.127.89]
    11 19ms 19ms 18ms vlan-1058.dsw01-pod01.voc.digitalpacific.com.au [101.0.127.121]
    12 18ms 17ms 18ms ae1-1091.dsw01-pod02.voc.digitalpacific.com.au [101.0.127.142]
    13 18ms 17ms 17ms 154.103.0.101.static.digitalpacific.com.au [101.0.103.154]

    Traceroute complete.

    http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5192/14446107283_d1a456a16d_o.png

  • 2014-Jun-15, 12:24 pm
    Finite State Machine

    I would query it if I were a customer. Too bad they don't monitor this group.
    On Vodafone 4G the route to the Singapore didLogic media server goes through Tokyo.

    FWIW, syd01.media.au.didlogic.net resolves to 119.9.12.222

  • 2014-Jun-15, 7:48 pm
    Pikey18

    Finite State Machine writes...

    I would query it if I were a customer.

    Got better things to do with my time. The service is working well and there is no noticeable lag in calls.

    I may try changing to sip.lax.didlogic.net see if that gets a better media server for Canada (the Canada one is on the other side to what I am calling hence thinking of using Los Angeles.

  • 2014-Jun-15, 7:48 pm
    Finite State Machine

    Pikey18 writes...

    The service is working well and there is no noticeable lag in calls.
    But its totally depends on the quality of your ISPs overseas link

    I may try changing to sip.lax.didlogic.net see if that gets a better media server for Canada
    Sounds like a plan, but remind me exactly of how their geo-independence thing is supposed to work.

    BTW, calls to Canada can be quite cheap on some mobile plans too, e.g. Dodo prepaid is 2c/min.

  • 2014-Jun-15, 9:17 pm
    Pikey18

    Finite State Machine writes...

    BTW, calls to Canada can be quite cheap on some mobile plans too, e.g. Dodo prepaid is 2c/min.

    With the number of hours I do it would still add up. I am only paying about 10% of that (US$0.0029/min).

    Unfortunately I need Telstra coverage for many places I go hence cheap mobile plans are not an option.

    Finite State Machine writes...

    Sounds like a plan, but remind me exactly of how their geo-independence thing is supposed to work.

    Not exactly sure � I just use sip.** to set what country I want to register to (will change it when I am overseas next so any calls don't have to come back to AU that are going within Canada).

  • 2014-Jun-15, 9:17 pm
    Finite State Machine
    this post was edited

    Looking at earlier posts, particularly this one by Phil,there is a global registry feature which you can enable now enabled by default to allow them to pick the best route regardless of the SIP server you register with. The example in that post has the RTP stream transit their networks so it is not clear why you are getting the behaviour you are getting unless there has been some routing failure within the didLogic network (or they have decided to cut costs)

  • 2014-Jun-15, 10:40 pm
    Pikey18

    Just went into my profile and it was on Afghanistan � maybe it reset when I was doing stuff and caused me to hit a different server.

    Will give it time to apply then see how it looks next time I do a call via my phone (primary phone is via my router so don't have access to the stats).

  • 2014-Jun-15, 10:40 pm
    pesawat

    My profile was set to Afghanistan as well but it hasn't been causing me to register on any overseas SIP servers.

    I have my ATA and softphone apps pointing at 'sip.au.didlogic.net' and have not seen it registering on the Singapore server. The latency would be terrible if it was, because I'm on TPG in Perth, so it'd need to go via Sydney and then Tokyo before it got to Singapore. It's 250-270ms+ usually to Singapore from here.

    (ignore the ping response times, I am downloading at the moment. It's usually around 65-70ms on an idle connection)

    traceroute to sip.au.didlogic.net (119.9.12.222), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
    1 fritz.box (192.168.2.254) 4.036 ms 4.042 ms 4.033 ms
    2 10.20.21.95 (10.20.21.95) 30.690 ms 32.624 ms 32.631 ms
    3 203-219-35-79.static.tpgi.com.au (203.219.35.79) 82.818 ms 84.344 ms 85.880 ms
    4 ve2070.rn-400harris-cer-01.tpg-telecom.net (203.161.136.1) 85.890 ms 87.500 ms 89.100 ms
    5 ip-210-65-192-203.static.pipenetworks.com (203.192.65.210) 92.463 ms 94.002 ms 95.520 ms
    6 core1-edge2.syd2.rackspace.net (119.9.0.4) 92.442 ms core2-edge2.syd2.rackspace.net (119.9.0.12) 92.770 ms core1-edge2.syd2.rackspace.net (119.9.0.4) 89.781 ms
    7 aggr101b-5-core1.syd2.rackspace.net (119.9.1.25) 90.774 ms aggr101a-5-core2.syd2.rackspace.net (119.9.1.23) 75.162 ms aggr101a-5-core1.syd2.rackspace.net (119.9.1.21) 80.341 ms
    8 sip.au.didlogic.net (119.9.12.222) 80.391 ms 105.107 ms 105.125 ms

  • 2014-Jun-15, 11:29 pm
    Finite State Machine

    pikey's RTP traffic is going via Singapore. That protocol is only used during a call, the addresses are revealed in the responses to your SIP clients INVITE and can be gleaned from a status screen, debugging, logging etc.

  • 2014-Jun-15, 11:29 pm
    Pikey18

    Finite State Machine writes...

    pikey's RTP traffic is going via Singapore.

    That is corrrect. For the actual SIP server I register to its in Sydney:

    Tracing route to sip.au.didlogic.net [119.9.12.222] with TTL of 32:

    1 0ms 0ms 0ms router
    2 17ms 17ms 17ms 172.18.209.3
    3 17ms 16ms 17ms 172.18.65.181
    4 17ms 19ms 18ms tengige0-5-0-0.chw-edge902.sydney.telstra.net [139.130.207.81]
    5 19ms 19ms 20ms bundle-ether14.chw-core2.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.11.100]
    6 20ms 19ms 19ms bundle-ether4-1.ken-core4.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.6.157]
    7 17ms 17ms 17ms tengigabitethernet7-1.ult2.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.20.51]
    8 17ms 17ms 17ms vocusf.lnk.telstra.net [139.130.73.106]
    9 18ms 19ms 17ms ten-0-0-0-1.cor03.syd03.nsw.vocus.net.au [175.45.72.72]
    10 17ms 17ms 17ms ten-1-1-0.bdr03.syd03.nsw.vocus.net.au [175.45.72.116]
    11 18ms 18ms 19ms as58683.cust.bdr03.syd03.nsw.vocus.net.au [175.45.73.242]
    12 30ms 19ms 19ms core1-edge2.syd2.rackspace.net [119.9.0.4]
    13 18ms 22ms 18ms aggr101b-5-core1.syd2.rackspace.net [119.9.1.25]
    14 19ms 19ms 18ms sip.au.didlogic.net [119.9.12.222]

    Traceroute complete.

  • Milkyway

    Anyone still using DIDlogic?

  • pedrov

    Milkyway writes...

    Anyone still using DIDlogic?

    For international, I am.
    I also have it as a backup for domestic calls, but rarely need it for that.

  • pesawat

    Milkyway writes...

    Anyone still using DIDlogic?

    Yep. I haven't been able to find a quality route to Indonesia from ANY other provider except DidLogic. My wife calls friends and family daily.

  • DerekG

    pesawat writes...

    I haven't been able to find a quality route to Indonesia from ANY other provider except DidLogic. My wife calls friends and family daily.

    One other option is the Optus Prepaid Social Plan. An example is 450 minutes to Indonesia (mobile or landline) plus 2.5GB of data plus unlimited SMS (within Australia) for $50/month:

    http://www.optus.com.au/shop/prepaid/sim-card/plans/prepaid-social

    The 450 minutes of calls is a bucket so you can split this between calls to Australia & Indonesia if you like.

  • 2014-Jun-16, 12:25 am
    Chuna

    DerekG writes...

    One other option is the Optus Prepaid Social Plan. An example is 450 minutes to Indonesia (mobile or landline) plus 2.5GB of data plus unlimited SMS (within Australia) for $50/month:

    They also have a $30 a month option with 250 Mins of calls which I use. Best value for money.

  • 2014-Jun-16, 12:25 am
    pesawat

    DerekG writes...

    The 450 minutes of calls is a bucket so you can split this between calls to Australia & Indonesia if you like.

    Thanks for that info..

    I just checked a few previous months of history with Diglogic and this is what we did below. Both are a mix of landlines and mobiles, but the majority are landline:

    March 2014
    549.533 minutes
    $15.5648 USD

    April 2014
    739.067 minutes
    $23.4175 USD

    May 2014
    453.117 minutes
    $14.3221 USD

    June 2014 (so far...)
    432.3 minutes
    $12.8587 USD

    So it looks like apart from the spike in April we are averaging around $12-15 per month. The 450 minutes wouldn't be enough for both local & international calls in the case of the Optus deal.

    It's good to know that deal exists though. Both the wife and my Voda contracts end soon and we're looking to save a few dollars, so we might move over to Vaya/LiveConnected or something similar but I'm still not sure I want to do that or not...

    You might think I'm crazy, but Vodafone's network is actually pretty good in the areas we live and work, add on the ability to do free HD quality calls between each other, visual voicemail and complaints from friends who are on Optus... it makes me a little unsure about the change.

  • 2014-Jun-18, 3:18 pm
    rj

    pvandenh writes...

    For international, I am. I also have it as a backup for domestic calls, but rarely need it for that.

    Ditto.

    My British friend down the road finds DID Logic excellent for keeping in touch with her friends in UK.

  • 2014-Jun-18, 3:18 pm
    hampered

    Yep, everyday from UK and when in Europe and Asia. Just change the SIP server to my closest one and rarely have any issues. Don't use it when at home for local everyday calls.

  • 2015-Jun-5, 9:59 pm
    iCEWATER888

    Does internal SIP to SIP work now?
    Do you just call the username number?
    Thanks

  • 2015-Jun-5, 9:59 pm
    lenikk

    Nope.. internal dialing by user number doesn't work... Only full number fir outgoing calls... Or you can buy a DID and assign to one of trunks and call to this DID. It will work.

  • 2015-Jun-6, 12:19 am
    maxdavidson

    For some weeks now I have tried to contact didlogic support to enable overstamping/masking of my DID and another matter concerning what appears to be a restriction on calls to high cost destinations. All requests have been totally ignored.

    I can confirm that their network works extremely well to all destinations I have tried.

    Has anyone has a similar experience? Is there any way around this impasse?

  • 2015-Jun-6, 12:19 am
    Chris*

    maxdavidson writes...

    a restriction on calls to high cost destinations

    In case you're not aware � these is a default restriction on destinations above $0.18 per minute .

  • 2015-Jul-23, 12:01 pm
    maxdavidson

    Yes, I noted that restriction. My request to support was to have the restriction lifted for a particular destination. No response whatever.

  • 2015-Jul-23, 12:01 pm
    VK2XXY
    this post was edited

    Chris* writes...

    In case you're not aware

    Details are in the portal...

    Default security settings in effect (cumulative limit for all of your subaccounts):


    limit 3 simultaneous outgoing channels.
    destinations below $0.18 per minute only.
    60 minutes maximum call duration.

    Although I see...

    Max rate: $0.19/min������� Max call length (sec): 7400�������� Channel limit: 6

    Which is just as well as Barbados is $0.1890

    However, I don't remember requesting a change from defaults.

  • 2015-Jul-23, 12:12 pm
    maxdavidson

    I note the responses. However, my major issue is the lack of any response from support to a request for overstamping with my domestic and/or mobile CLI. There is a ready workaround for high cost destinations using other providers. DIDlogic is obviously targeted at bulk usage in well established jurisdictions.

  • 2015-Jul-23, 12:12 pm
    ceghphel

    It is odd they don't reply to you. I made a change recently (from the Asterisk method of CLI overstamp to having them define it for a few trunks for Gigaset phones) and they replied within an hour or so.
    It does seem very casual though .. no ticket numbers or anything. All I could suggest is try again?
    Did you email from the same address your account is registered to?

  • 2015-Jul-23, 12:23 pm
    maxdavidson

    Yes indeed I did message from my registered email address including that address in the message body also inserting all relevant information according to the portal.

    My bleat here is solely an attempt to gain their attention.

  • 2015-Jul-23, 12:23 pm
    VK2XXY

    maxdavidson writes...

    My bleat here is solely an attempt to gain their attention.

    I think Phil the rep has left the building.

  • ceghphel

    maxdavidson writes...

    My bleat here is solely an attempt to gain their attention.

    Good idea. I'd be frustrated too and was only trying to look at my last email to the and see if there was anything in particular that meant I got a reply.
    Good luck. I'll watch the thread.

  • Pikey18

    VK2XXY writes...

    I think Phil the rep has left the building.

    Last online 11 months ago

  • 2015-Jul-23, 2:07 pm
    ozimarco

    maxdavidson writes...

    My bleat here is solely an attempt to gain their attention.

    Try an email to . I agree that their support is hit and miss. If you're lucky, you get a response almost immediately. If you're not, you may be ignored. They don't appear to have a proper ticket system. Their VoIP service works very well, though.

  • 2015-Jul-23, 2:07 pm
    Finite State Machine

    Since I recently recommended didLogic I thought I'd check whether they are a TIO member.I couldn't find them under that name.

    I haven't consulted the full text of the Telecommunications Act 1997 but its appears to me that they meet this summary definition of a carriage service providerfrom ACMA. The act places a number of requirements on VSPs including membership of the TIO and provision of 000 calls which going over past posts are not met by didLogic. That might explain why they don't offer LNP either. Call me somewhat surprised. I wonder if the fact that they have no corporate existence in Australia, that I could find at least, makes them immune from prosecution. I note there is a TIO member entry for "Skype" with Symbio's contact details.

    Comparing some of their prices with another popular Whirlpool VSP I see that didLogic isn't the price leader I thought it was, if ever it was. Their prices have remained static while that VSP has improved . A possible factor maybe the flat pricing model that didLogic uses for standard customers that charges the same regardless of where you are calling from but maybe they are just getting lazy. That's life I suppose.

    Just thought some of you might be interested.


    BTW, did the Perth proxy ever happen? if not does your media swap between Sydney and Singapore depending on where you are calling?

  • 2015-Jul-23, 3:34 pm
    ozimarco
    this post was edited

    Finite State Machine writes...

    Comparing some of their prices with another popular Whirlpool VSP I see that didLogic isn't the price leader I thought it was

    Didlogic's pricing was quite competitive when the AUD was stronger than the USD (which is when they launched in Oz via their Sydney POP). Now that the AUD is only worth around USD0.73, it is far less so.

    One thing everyone has noticed is how little time and effort DL has put in in serving their Australian customers. Phil does not even bother to monitor the thread he himself started. Email queries are often totally ignored. Their Australian web page has not changed since it was first put up and still quotes the converted rates as cheaper than the USD rates. The only thing they really have going for them is their call quality, which, at least when we were using them, was always top-notch. If you want good customer service, though, you are much better off with a local VSP such as Telecube, for example.

    Finite State Machine writes...

    BTW, did the Perth proxy ever happen?

    No, it didn't. This map shows all the POPs.

    if not does your media swap between Sydney and Singapore depending on where you are calling?

    No idea. Although we still have a small amount of credit with them, we are no longer using them as MNF's Neosaver works out cheaper for us while call quality is acceptable.

  • 2015-Jul-23, 3:34 pm
    pesawat

    Finite State Machine writes...

    BTW, did the Perth proxy ever happen? if not does your media swap between Sydney and Singapore depending on where you are calling?

    I spoke to someone not long ago at Didlogic and they mentioned the Perth SIP server was most certainly still on the cards, but no time frame as of yet.

    I'm with TPG so I don't know if the media would switch to Singapore from time to time, as TPG route all traffic out via Sydney. Would be nice to test though.

    Are you able to mention which VSP you saw that has improved on their pricing? The main thing that keeps me with Didlogic is the fantastic call quality. I've tried various other VSPs and have had really poor experiences, Didlogic is very reliable and just works. The only issue is that with the falling AUD, my calls are becoming a bit more expensive.

    I don't have a backup provider at the moment either due to not being able to find one that comes anywhere near as close quality wise as Didlogic, that would certainly be a good thing to have.

  • 2015-Jul-23, 5:33 pm
    ozimarco

    pesawat writes...

    I don't have a backup provider at the moment either due to not being able to find one that comes anywhere near as close quality wise as Didlogic, that would certainly be a good thing to have.

    It probably depends on the destinations you call. We are currently in Malaysia, calling local numbers via MNF on Zoiper. Calls are so clear and lag-free that everyone thinks we are calling from a Malaysian phone. I have a Malaysian SIM as well, which we use when we are out and about, but, whenever we are at our relatives' home, where wifi is available, we use the included calls of our Neosaver plan.

  • 2015-Jul-23, 5:33 pm
    pesawat

    ozimarco writes...

    We are currently in Malaysia, calling local numbers via MNF on Zoiper.

    I only ever call Indonesia, and it's very rarely a country that is listed on those flat rate or untimed style plans unfortunately.
    I'd be happy with any other provider for a backup as long as the rate and call quality was comparable, but so far I haven't been able to find anything at all that comes close in quality let alone price.

  • 2015-Jul-23, 5:50 pm
    ozimarco
    this post was edited

    pesawat writes...

    I only ever call Indonesia

    In that case, you are probably better off sticking with Didlogic. DL nampak jauh lebih murah daripada yang lain.

  • 2015-Jul-23, 5:50 pm
    pesawat

    ozimarco writes...

    In that case, you are probably better off sticking with Didlogic. DL nampak jauh lebih murah daripada yang lain.

    iya, aku belum menemukan provider murah selain DL.

    Thanks for your help anyway :) I'd still like to find a backup that matches the quality of DL but so far no such luck.

  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét