Thứ Sáu, 7 tháng 10, 2016

Redtrain rollout for Mernda, Doreen part 1

  • 2015-Jul-13, 1:41 pm
    Chivas

    Adamantium writes...

    dit: Apparently they're just doing the conduit install today, the fiber will be coming in the next few weeks.

    Any update on how things are going Adamantium? Did they cut a completely new trench, use the existing Telstra trench or even the existing conduit? In short, how much mess have they made?

    Also keen to know if you are online yet?

    Cheers!

  • 2015-Jul-13, 1:41 pm
    Adamantium
    O.P.

    Hi Chivas,
    Not online yet, last update we got was expect to be online by the end of this month. I'm still waiting for the install of the ONU.

    They cut a new trench, if I actually had a front garden it would've made a mess.., but since I don't I actually couldn't tell any difference :P

    I'm not even sure the fiber has been run through the pits yet, but I haven't gone out to have a look.

  • 2015-Jul-15, 3:56 pm
    Rancor

    Any updates guys?

  • 2015-Jul-15, 3:56 pm
    ym

    Still waiting. I think they have a problem with power connection to their switchboard.

  • 2015-Jul-28, 8:03 pm
    Chivas

    Thanks for the update.

    Adamantium writes...

    They cut a new trench, if I actually had a front garden it would've made a mess.., but since I don't I actually couldn't tell any difference :P

    This is what concerns me... the closest pit I can find to us (existing Whittlesea Council optic fibre pits) is in fron of next door's house so it would have to go under their driveway and dig up part of our garden. I understand it will have to happen eventually but ugh, not looking forward to it.

    Mind you, I did try and ask them this very simple question and could not get a straight answer from them.

  • 2015-Jul-28, 8:03 pm
    Adamantium
    O.P.

    They didn't have to though, I wanted them to. There was already conduit run from the pit to about 4 houses, each labelled with the lot number they go to. Mine went to the opposite side of the house to where I wanted it to go, so they ran a new one for me. I think they'd still have to extend it as from what I understood the current one just went to the front of the house, not into the lot itself, so I guess they'd just have to go under the footpath and in.

    Still haven't heard anything new since the last update 5 weeks ago...

  • 2015-Jul-30, 10:36 am
    Chivas

    Hmmmm, dare I ask for an update?! ;)

  • 2015-Jul-30, 10:36 am
    Adamantium
    O.P.

    This was from the 24th of August. Haven't heard anything since though..

    The good news is that the boring has started to get the cable underground and pulled through to the new exchange in preparation for Light Up.

    Unfortunately there is STILL no word from SPAusNet on when they will connect the power two weeks after we were promised a date. Without power we can't fire up the exchange that is sitting there ready to connect you to the wonderful world of high speed broadband.

    We are calling the power company every day and will let you know as soon as we have a date. It shouldn't be much longer....

    In the meantime watch out for the Telstra truck in your area that is pulling the cable through the streets in coming weeks so we are to go as soon as the power is connected.

    Hope it's still going ahead...

  • 2015-Aug-13, 4:53 pm
    Chivas

    Thanks mate.

    I guess some sort of response is better than no response, but disappointing to be waiting this long. I'm glad I have waited before signing up, but I'll have to sooner or later I guess.

    I check on new Redtrain partners from time to time � the Skymesh plans look good so the research continues!

  • 2015-Aug-13, 4:53 pm
    Adamantium
    O.P.

    I hadn't noticed that they're adding Skymesh, their plans do look good! Up to 16Tb on off-peak! That's insane! And 100/100 plans too, if the backhaul to the area is even good enough for it...

    At least I don't think anyone has been charged so far for the work done, they haven't taken a cent from me yet..

  • Adamantium
    O.P.

    Had another update today, woo! Looks like the power company is holding everything up :(

    Here are the main bits of the update.

    Sorry about the delay BUT...we haven't had much we can tell you recently. Every time we think the power company is going to give us a date to connect they give us another delay so we postpone the updates thinking it is really close.
    Right now we are hoping we will finally get a target date in the next two weeks but they move like treacle in at SP AusNet.

    And the rollout program:

    Stage 1 � Hawkstowe Estate will get the first connections;
    Stage 2 � Then the cable will then go up Plenty Rd to Basilica Pde in Mernda and travel north along Breadalbane Ave to Bridge Inn Rd.
    Stage 3 � From Bridge Inn Rd the cable will travel East and enter Doreen at the Vantage Point Estate
    Stage 4 � The next move is travel North East across Doreen and up Flaxen Hill Rd
    Stage 5 � Next will be the region to the East surrounding Mernda Village.
    Stage 6 � The final stage will be Epping.

    We are working flat out to minimise the gaps between the stages. We even have a team digging the trench along Bridge Rd Inn so we get to the top of Doreen as quickly as possible.

    So sounds like we're still a while off, especially where I am (around stage 4 I'm guessing).

  • Chivas

    Thanks for the update though... Think I'll wait some more before signing up, still got a while before they can connect me. Glad they are still digging trenches while they wait for power � would not make sense for them to stop work altogether.

  • 2015-Oct-2, 8:03 pm
    XeKToReX

    Anything new Adamantium?

    Got a friend just NE of the Stage 4 area and curious whether they'll extend there.

  • 2015-Oct-2, 8:03 pm
    Adamantium
    O.P.
    this post was edited

    Nah still no news! I guess they didn't get the final target date two weeks ago :(

  • 2015-Oct-5, 1:00 am
    Toysoarer

    Still nothing. My house is due to be finished in April 2016 so am hoping for some positive news regarding this.

  • 2015-Oct-5, 1:00 am
    breakeven

    Redtrain fiber got installed today.

    Install was very prompt, done in less than 15 minutes.

    Box in garage before install
    http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah62/jamesy932/20151117_092521_zpsf5wqmno9.jpg

    Fiber pulled from street
    http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/jamesy932/media/20151117_094434_zpsvhlwovd9.jpg.html

    Box after install
    http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/jamesy932/media/received_10153239966576659_zpsvcy51hfd.jpeg.html

    Free to air TV now runs off the fiber also.

    Now time to choose an RSP. Skymesh and Activ8me are both unavailable. Not a lot of options :(

  • 2015-Oct-5, 10:22 am
    Toysoarer

    zkyliner writes...

    Redtrain fiber got installed today.

    Where about are you located? Install looks neat from what I can see.

  • 2015-Oct-5, 10:22 am
    Adamantium
    O.P.
    this post was edited

    zkyliner writes...

    Redtrain fiber got installed today.

    Awesome! I think DCSI is still the best option? They have 100/40 with 1Tb/mo for $109.. iiNet just started doing that on NBN. Just noticed this on their website: please note: 100/40 Mbps speeds are not yet available. � wtf

    Let us know when you go live, would love to see some speed tests.

    What were the installers like? Did they mind putting the NTU in your box? Did they have to run through your roof or anything to get it in there? Never mind, looks like you may have had conduit already ran into the bottom of the cabinet..

    I'm guessing you're in or near Hawkstowe Estate since they said there would be connected first?

    That's fascinating that FTA runs through fibre also, is that something that just comes with the service? Does it work already, even without having an internet provider? I assume the two would be unrelated..

  • 2015-Oct-5, 1:21 pm
    breakeven

    Adamantium writes...

    Awesome! I think DCSI is still the best option?

    Yes, I reviewed all available RSPs and found DCSI to be best for the time. Ordered yesterday so hopefully connection is early next week. Just went for a 50/20 plan for now. Real shame Skymesh or Activ8me wasn't available. When contacting Skymesh their sales team mentioned that Redtrain networks require PPPoE, where as Skymesh only have IPoE capabilities. They did give me a little hope by saying PPPoE is on the table so hopefully it comes and is available on Redtrain in the near future.

    What were the installers like? Did they mind putting the NTU in your box?

    Installers were cool, nice enthusiasm even offering me biscuits haha. They even went to the limits of wiring my Telstra Gateway in, connecting the WAN port to their fiber modem which will be super awesome if it works with DCSI saving me the cost of a new router.

    I'm guessing you're in or near Hawkstowe Estate since they said there would be connected first?

    Ah, I am actually in Central Park Walk, Cheltenham. I am guessing your roll outs will be similar.

    That's fascinating that FTA runs through fibre also, is that something that just comes with the service? Does it work already, even without having an internet provider? I assume the two would be unrelated..

    Yes it does, and yes all channels work even without an internet provider. They even tested and tuned the TVs for me.

  • 2015-Oct-5, 1:21 pm
    Adamantium
    O.P.

    Cool! Thanks for the info.

    If your current router has a WAN port then it will work, so you'll be good to go there.

    Hope they fire it up soon :)

  • 2016-Jul-18, 5:32 pm
    Kokonutcreme

    Adamantium writes...

    This is the availability map when I enter my address

    Hey Adamantium given recent issues with iiNet this rollout can't come soon enough.

  • 2016-Jul-18, 5:32 pm
    Adamantium
    O.P.

    You're not wrong, exactly the reason I was looking at this again today!

    I was looking at old Red Train emails, found my initial registration was 27/1/15. 18 months later and still not sure when it'll come but what choice do we have, especially now libs got back in.

  • Toysoarer

    Adamantium writes...

    This is the availability map when I enter my address: http://imgur.com/isskWWf

    You're only around the corner from me, so hopefully we can get connected at roughly the same time.
    I sent an email a couple of weeks back to Redtrain to see if they were still on track and have yet to get a response.
    Telstra came out a couple of weeks back to install the telephone line and then the next day told me that I can't get ADSL as there are no ports again. It could be a 0-3 month wait. I just wish Redtrain will hurry up with running the fibre.

  • Adamantium
    O.P.

    Oh that's painful, paying the Telstra line connection charge just for the internet (or did you actually need a the telephony part?) to then be told no ports :(

    I actually got a call from RedTrain yesterday, which was fantastic. It looks like the map is a bit 'early'. The area's listed are 'setup' to go but are unable to be connected yet as they've been having difficulties with Vic Roads getting access to run under (or along) the bridge at Plenty River, on Bridge Inn Road. I'm guessing the cable runs along the road and they'd like to go along the bridge perhaps? If they can't get access there's the possibility of putting poles on either side, going up, over and back down � but that isn't as nice and if someone happens to hit the pole it could bring down the internet for the whole area, so they'd rather get it done right.

    I'm sure it's just as frustrating for them as it is us. Trying to run a business where you have hundreds or thousands of potential willing customers but not being able to sell to them because of a third party.

  • 2016-Jul-22, 11:45 am
    Toysoarer

    Yeah tell me about it, I am paying for a phone line connection just in case a port becomes available.

    I guess it's good news and bad news with Redtrain. Hopefully something can be sorted soon. Optus Wireless Broadband is costing me a fortune.

  • 2016-Jul-22, 11:45 am
    Toysoarer

    Latest response from Redtrain is that they are, "...working very hard to get clearance from VicRoads to drill down to Doreen, but unfortunately VicRoads is acting very slowly.
    As soon as we receive it, we will start the drilling on little plenty bridge and connect Doreen."

    There seems to be works going on along Bridge inn Rd, but not sure if it's related to the above works or not.

  • AdventureM

    I've got the lead in conduit installed but have been waiting a few weeks for them to return to finalise fibre from the pit. The wait is excruciating, with little to 0 communication. Waiting hurts!

  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét